The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 08-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Arrow Embedded video strips - how to

I had this capability originally on this site, but unfortunately it required having native HTML coding enabled within posts, which is a well known security risk. So after I disabled the HTML codes, I had to figure out another solution, because I just like having this sort of capability in inline text.

So, I made the EMBED code into a custom BB coding for this site. I puttered around with it for a while, but finally had to raise the white flag and go to the Jelsoft people for help in implementing it.

Just substitute the brackets"[" and "]" for the "{" and "}" used in the example below:

{embed}http://www.corvetteflorida.com/videos/b4headers.wmv{/embed}

The URL needs to point to the video file, and so far I have only tested this with .WMV files. You can experiment with others, if you like, to see what others, if any, may work as well.

I put an icon that looks like a video camera right in the message posting screen so all you need to do is to click on that button, enter the URL of the video file, click the OK button, and you are done.

I think this will add a bit more *sparkle* to the site with having inline videos like this in the threads...... But let me know if it gets to be a problem with slowing down things in general because of the bandwidth demands.

Speaking of which, I may need to move this site to it's own server sooner or later. I do web hosting, and am getting more accounts lately that are beginning to take a toll on total bandwidth usage of the entire server. Things get pretty sluggish sometimes, and I don't want to kill this site because people get frustrated with the response times of loading pages from it.

Just a fyi............
Unread 08-24-2006, 11:36 AM   #2
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to say thanks for tryin to make this a Great Site for us all
9T8Vette is offline   Reply With Quote