Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > Welcome Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Welcome Room Member introductions

Unread 06-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
spiceman

Name :
spiceman has disabled reputation
Default OK guyz, listen up to this old marine about stress

Guy's and ladies, but most of all those of you whom maybe, JUST maybe, dealing with financial stress, or other related family stress and I mean STRESSED OUT max, people.
This old Marine had seen plenty of stress both over the Pond, and at home.
I know these days are REALLY tough, I know Tough, seen Tough day's, lived tough day's, when things are up side down. BUT, you'll get through them, every day, is another day........and you get through them.
I came home this afternoon at noon to find out, my neighbor shot his wife, his two beautiful son's of 7 and 10, then himself.
I am in total shock. Our neighborhood, isn't that kind of place where this kind of thing happen's. But we are seeing it happen all over Orlando neighborhood's.

I ask anybody reading this that is going through rough times, and if you are, and if you have, or own a weapon, PLEASE PLEASE take this weapon from your home, let a friend or family whom live away, safe guard it until things get better in your life and home. As a former Marine, I have seen many times the person that you'd never expect to lose it, lose it. **** does happen.
OK, enough from me. I just truly do care about family member's and friends, the innocent, paying the horrible price for no reason.

SPICE
spiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

What a needless tragedy. I thank you for reminding us that each day is precious. Also since we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, we should really be sensitive and kind to all. For a man to take the life of his wife, kids, and himself speaks volumes of a depressed person who probably didn't get help from anyone. Thanks again for sharing this most tragic event.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
spiceman

Name :
Default In Our community, just a few weeks ago

a very kind and good looking young 21 year old who worked for us and with us, as did his father too, the young man on his 21 birthday, received a call from his mother whom is and had been for year's, divorced from his father, the mother asked her son, Gary, how about I take you out for your birthday present to one of your favorite spots, the pistol range here in Altamonte Springs.
The boy was very excited, and met his mom there at the indoor pistol range.
The two with their head gear stepped up with the rented pistols and their ear protection head gear, the son was told by mom, you fire first at the target, he agreed, stepped forward took aim and his mother put her pistol to his head and shot him in the back of the head, then put the pistol to her head and shot herself.

THIS is just crazy. But, not over, a week later at the same pistol range another man depressed, went to the range, depressed, and blew his brains out, ALL OVER this economic depression, and losing his job without a way to support himself and family.
But when it happen's to a neighbor you just saw and spoke with 24 hours earlier, and no idea there's a problem? IT's very scary.
Again, I ask anyone who is having problems, seek a friend, a professional, clergy or whomever might lend a ear. But most of all, be safe, if you have a weapon, lend it over to someone to safe guard for you.
Spice
Unread 06-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

Jesus. That is horrible! My prayers are with them.

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Damn.......
Unread 06-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #6
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

There's crazy stuff happening now folks, all over the country. Who knows what goes through peoples minds at a time like that. I can't imagine anything so terrible happening to me that I'd harm my family or friends. I hope before it came to that I'd seek out friends, family, church, whatever, and talk about it. Talking, and especially listening, can help tremendously. Sometimes (not always) there are signs beforehand, you just have to watch for them. Moodiness, bursts of anger, a normally outgoing person seeming withdrawn, etc. Things WILL get better.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

Spiceman, great advice. Thanks for bringing it up. If just one person is helped by reading this, you have done a great service.
Lou
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 03:44 AM   #8
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dalton View Post
There's crazy stuff happening now folks, all over the country. Who knows what goes through peoples minds at a time like that. I can't imagine anything so terrible happening to me that I'd harm my family or friends. I hope before it came to that I'd seek out friends, family, church, whatever, and talk about it. Talking, and especially listening, can help tremendously. Sometimes (not always) there are signs beforehand, you just have to watch for them. Moodiness, bursts of anger, a normally outgoing person seeming withdrawn, etc. Things WILL get better.

It's sad, but things are really getting out of hand People just don't handle stress the way they used to. I think we had a tougher nation in the 1st depression.

Regardless, there's always someone here ready to listen folks. I know, I've availed myself of your ears (eyes?) before

Quote:
Spiceman, great advice. Thanks for bringing it up. If just one person is helped by reading this, you have done a great service.
Lou
Amen brother! Well said

Thanks for posting this Spiceman

G

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #9
Scully

Name :
Scully has disabled reputation

Wow Spice didnt realize they were your neighbors. Sorry to hear that my thoughts and prayers are with you and their family
Scully is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2009, 06:48 AM   #10
spiceman

Name :
Default Hi Scully, how ya been , and how's Nancy

Ya brother very scary when it's a neighbor you know , but especially here where one thinks your safe, gated community, up-scale neighborhood and people here don't do crazy thing's.
Every person who live's directly on that Cul Delsac of JD Wood home are still in total shock as he and wife showed NO hint of financial problems.
Mostly for my wife and I , we remember their chrildren having a Lemonaid table on the corner and my picking on them about not enough sugar, and would try to bribe them with money to get some sugar for my next purchase.
On that cul desac there were 4 family's that had children the same age, and all played together. Directly on the coner, my close friend an FBI agent also JD's neighbor. I'm not going to repeat what he told me he found in that home, But the one thing he told me lst, was the 3 pistols found. The second, as we all know, no matter the reason's, these children didn't need to die.
Ya, this was and has been very tough for everyone.
By the way Skully, and everyone in here, Thanks for your Reply's.