The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 07-09-2006, 08:13 PM   #1
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation
Default Honest feedback please....

With the exception of waiting for some "drag-azzes" to show up cause they couldn't tear their azzes away from the Hooter's in Bradenton bar, what did you think of our Poker Run....

(and yes, the final card tally was just a BIT crazy....who'd ever think somebody would win 2nd best hand and worst hand, but it was legit....

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2006, 08:14 PM   #2
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

Will post info and pix tomorrow, tonight I'm just too tired....

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Unread 07-09-2006, 08:35 PM   #3
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

As a first time participant in any type of poker run, I found your event to be very enjoyable and am already looking forward to next year. The route, card stops and lunch destination were set up very well. The event staff was very friendly and patient. The only suggestion I can offer would be that in the future if someone was to win more than one hand that they be awarded the better reward of the two and present the remaining award to the next winning player. Other than that you did a bang up job. Congrats.
als2052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 09:13 AM   #4
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052
As a first time participant in any type of poker run, I found your event to be very enjoyable and am already looking forward to next year. The route, card stops and lunch destination were set up very well. The event staff was very friendly and patient. The only suggestion I can offer would be that in the future if someone was to win more than one hand that they be awarded the better reward of the two and present the remaining award to the next winning player. Other than that you did a bang up job. Congrats.

I agree, unfortunately we did not spell that out in the beginning and felt it was not appropriate to change the rules in the middle of the game. I spoke witht he Prez of the OPBA (Offshore PowerBoat Association) and Mike could never remember that particular scenario coming up. His take that we did the correct thing because nothing was spelled out up front. And like he said, it's difficult to foresee something that's never come up before. He is going to address that issue with the Board of the OPBA just in case it comes up with one of our boating Poker Runs.

I will say that the gentleman who won both the 2nd place and Worst hands was very gratious about the situation. It was OUR decision to award him both prizes simply because of the reason I stated above. We felt that we had to be fair to everyone even though it meant that one person did ultimately receive two prizes. Some of the participants that asked about this seemed to agree with our reasoning. It's just a lesson learned for this fall.....

What amazed me was how much harder it is to figure out the worst hand...

Unread 07-10-2006, 03:34 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I guess I would be interested in hearing how one hand could be BOTH the 2nd best and the worst one at the same time.... I could see that if there were only two hands in the game.....
Unread 07-10-2006, 09:42 PM   #6
c5inparadise

Name :
c5inparadise is on a distinguished road

This was my first poker run and I had a good time. Thanks for all the hard work Russ. I didn't see any disappointed faces!!

Now for my .02... 1. I would have liked to have seen everyone starting from stop #1. This would have created a very nice caravan 2. Would have been nice if there was a representative at each stop manning the card box. To me, not having someone there to greet the folks and select the next card almost made the stop feel uncomfortable....almost like we were imposing on the employees that were working. 3. Maybe next time the final stop could be a pig roast/bbq/keg party somewhere. It would be awesome to hang out with fellow vette owners....eat drink and be merry I realize the cost may increase but maybe we could figure something out. 4. I would like to win first prize next year. 5. I would also like to volunteer to help with the next run.

Again, thanks Russ. Your hard work paid off!!
c5inparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #7
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
I guess I would be interested in hearing how one hand could be BOTH the 2nd best and the worst one at the same time.... I could see that if there were only two hands in the game.....

People were allowed to purchase a second Poker Hand for 25 bucks. Now just because someone (which everyone had the option to do) purchased a second hand did not mean that the first hand was rendered unplayable.

It just turned out that his first hand was an 7 high straight flush (clubs) and his second hand that he purchased just came out to be the lowest hand. This is the first time I, or anyone else, had heard of this happening. Oh well.....

And let me tell you, it's a hell of a lot harder figuring out the lowest hand than the highest hand. Took four of us almost an hour...

The most important thing to us was to keep the integrity of the Run intact, and not to "change the rules in the middle of the game". One person felt that the first hand should not count but nowhere in any of the information did it state that. What we did we felt was absolutely the fair thing to do and ultimately everyone agreed.

We had one of the girls pull your hand, it sucked..... Think you had a pair of fours.....

Unread 07-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #8
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

The lowest hand was a : 7, 5, 4, 3, 2.....

About five other hands had a 7, 6, etc.

Counting down from the high card, the "7, 5, hand" is worse than a "7, 6, hand"....

Unread 07-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #9
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5inparadise
This was my first poker run and I had a good time. Thanks for all the hard work Russ. I didn't see any disappointed faces!!

Now for my .02... 1. I would have liked to have seen everyone starting from stop #1. This would have created a very nice caravan 2. Would have been nice if there was a representative at each stop manning the card box. To me, not having someone there to greet the folks and select the next card almost made the stop feel uncomfortable....almost like we were imposing on the employees that were working. 3. Maybe next time the final stop could be a pig roast/bbq/keg party somewhere. It would be awesome to hang out with fellow vette owners....eat drink and be merry I realize the cost may increase but maybe we could figure something out. 4. I would like to win first prize next year. 5. I would also like to volunteer to help with the next run.

Again, thanks Russ. Your hard work paid off!!

You bring up some very valid points that have been talked about. Sarasota Jaguar asked to meet with me today, which I did, and they asked to become our primary sponsor which will allow us to even further upgrade the event while keeping the price of entry down.

As stated, the wheels are already turning for the Second Sunshine Corvette Poker Run but it will NOT be held during the summer. Right now we are talking twice a year, probably May and Oct.

I will keep everyone posted as to what is happening. We want this to become one of the premiere events in Florida, at least that is what we are working towards.

Unread 07-10-2006, 10:27 PM   #10
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a great idea Russ. I'd like to see Corvette's West stay involved, but I know Sarasota Jag would be a big boost too. Let me know if I can help out.
You deserve a big ATTABOYfor the great idea and all your hard work making this past event happen. You da MAN! Thanks again for all your efforts and be sure to thank Corvette's West for their participation........Tom