The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 07-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Chemtrails?

Heck, I'm sure most of you have seen these and thought nothing of them. But I stumbled on this video last night and it's a REAL eye opener if even half of this is true. It's quite long (1.5 hours), but mind numbing in the implications and claims.

I, for one, hope it is COMPLETELY bogus. But it is difficult for me to ignore and discount the evidence presented. There is so much disinformation posted on the net that finding TRUE information on controversial topics is actually quite difficult.
Unread 07-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

Complete BS because of physics:

A low pressure system, or "low," is an area where the atmospheric pressure is lower than that of the area surrounding it. Lows are usually associated with high winds, warm air, and atmospheric lifting. Because of this, lows normally produce clouds, precipitation, and other bad weather such as tropical storms and cyclones.

If you know how a plane flys is becasue of the cross sectional shape of the wing. Basically there is a low pressure air system on the top of the wing and and a high pressure system on the bottom that creates the forces to cause lift. If you need an engineering explanation of lift that is another discussion.

If there is enough moisture in the air as the airplane passes through the low pressure combinde with moisture in the air creates the trails behind an airplane. If not then we would never see clouds.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
Rich Z

Are there short contrails and long persistent contrails created by these planes?
Unread 07-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

I got 1:45 into this movie, and to me its screaming conspiracy theorists (the dramatic music isn't helping it either). At 4:38 the news guys said little pieces of of magnetic stuff....then followed by calling it aluminum, whens the last time aluminum cans were picked up with a magnet?
Unread 07-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
Rich Z

Obviously this is a conspiracy theory. The problem is that so many people are crying "WOLF!" about so many things, that I'm not sure we will recognize an actual wolf when we see one. Which may be the game plan. The best way to hide the truth is by putting it out in the open and surrounding and obscuring it with lies.

The thing is, SOMETHING odd is going on, but the question is what REALLY is going on.

In this instance, regardless of the truth of "chemtrails", is there any truth in what they are saying is the RESULT of those chemtrails? The facts may be true, but the actual theory of what is causing it could be entirely false.

Heck, I wish I could remember seeing contrails that looked like what they are calling "chemtrails" as a kid. I know I have seen the short duration ones, but these long persistent streamers? It might not be chemtrails at all but SOMETHING else in the atmosphere has changed to make contrails look differently. Or maybe people are LOOKING at the sky FOR something wrong and crying "WOLF!" at something that has always been there, just unnoticed.

My opinion is that it may be a good idea to look at everything being called a "wolf" and make my own evaluation of what I think it is. Probably better than ignoring it and there REALLY be a wolf one day.
Unread 07-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Are there short contrails and long persistent contrails created by these planes?
depends on the amount and coverage area of moisture in the air. I do not believe one thing in that video because I understand physics and the relationships between a solid, liquid, and gas molecules because of variations in volume, temperature, and pressure. Until the laws of nature change everything else is complete crap.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142

Last edited by mickeystoysz16; 07-11-2011 at 08:38 PM.
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #7
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

I can't speak intelligently about the "theories" concerning govt. attempts to control global warming. I can tell you that military aircraft have in fact been dispensing bundles of aluminum. It's called "chaff" and it's main purpose is to defeat radar guided missles homing in on the target aircraft. It's not used on just fighter acft. but bombers and cargo acft. as well and It's been used for decades. It's not dispensed in the form of a powder or granules but more like small strips of aluminum and I've never known of it being dispensed at high altitude but rather low level where the threat of missles is greatest.

These guys strike me as the "bob lazar" types. Remember him? The area 51 guy? They sound good and seem to make a lot of sense but fall apart under close scrutiny.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
Rich Z

Yeah, it's not at all unusual for a conspiracy theory to seemingly be a product of adding 2+2+2+2 and coming up with 10 because they pull a conclusion out of thin air. But sometimes a couple of those "2"s might actually be worrisome enough in their own right. The conclusion might be wrong, but if the facts (if they are, in fact, "facts") leading up to it are worrisome, the wrong conclusion jumped at doesn't negate the facts.
Unread 07-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #9
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Agreed. A lot of theories have at least a kernel of truth in them. I guess I'm not so concerned with their conclusions as I am with the fact that they don't seem willing to explore those kernels of truth. Rather, they focus mainly on the conclusion itself. As if the mere fact that they've reached a conclusion should convince us of it's validity.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #10
Rich Z

Yeah.... I'd really like to know how much validity there is to their claims of tremendous increases in the amount of aluminum in the environment. Aluminum has been strongly implicated with the irreversible development of Alzheimer's and it would be of great concern to everyone if this has, in fact, become much more prevalent in a form that makes it much easier for us to ingest it into our bloodstream.