The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 09-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #401
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

Rich don't feel bad about posting the new car. That Cyber Grey Metallic C6 is a nice car. I am in my mid 30s and just bought my first vette. I can only hope to be as successful as you someday too so thanks for sharing. I know how you feel about the C5 mods. Although my car is stock I have been going throught the same emotional stress at work on a construction project that goes wrong every day and it is a fight to get things corrected and fixed. Today we had vindication after 18 mos of fighting a losing battle something finally happened that made me feel that last year and half was not a waste of time. I am sure that when you get that car back it will be all worth it.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #402
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Dave, yes, I'm sure you know EXACTLY what I mean. That new Z06 Connie and I just got is going to remain BONE stock. The only mods that will be done on it will be in the *bling* category, and that is it.
That was what I said. Would, O would, that I could go back and keep that vow.

Keep your vow.

By the way, what year is yours? Looks great!
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 01:12 AM   #403
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannet View Post
That was what I said. Would, O would, that I could go back and keep that vow.

Keep your vow.

By the way, what year is yours? Looks great!
Thanks! It's a 2009. At the time I was looking, there were only two in the country that had all the options I wanted. Fortunately both on the east coast. Since there were so little differences between the 2009 and 2010 models, I couldn't see spending the additional money for the 2010 when I would be getting the same thing. There was a BIG difference in price!
Unread 09-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #404
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Nope. At least not while it is under warranty. And I plan on getting an extended warranty for the max number of years. And even then, it would only be if something breaks and an upgrade is available.

This fiasco with the blue C5Z REALLY soured me on the mod stuff.
I got 10 yrs on mine Rich. The original plus 2 extended. All GM warranties.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #405
ironhorse
Road Warrior

Name :
ironhorse is on a distinguished road

Stock motors will keep your warranty intact...Put a tune and mods on a vette now, I bet your GM warranty gets dropped as quick as a blink of an eye...Seen it done to numerous vettes of friends of mine......The drive train and motor will NOt be honored...
ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #406
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
Stock motors will keep your warranty intact...Put a tune and mods on a vette now, I bet your GM warranty gets dropped as quick as a blink of an eye...Seen it done to numerous vettes of friends of mine......The drive train and motor will NOt be honored...
Yeah, I've read the same things. But honestly, can you blame them? Someone puts a bad tune on a car and blows it up, well, I wouldn't honor the warranty neither.
Unread 09-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #407
ironhorse
Road Warrior

Name :

Quote:
Yeah, I've read the same things. But honestly, can you blame them? Someone puts a bad tune on a car and blows it up, well, I wouldn't honor the warranty neither.
Hi Rich, I don't blame GM at all...You wanna play, then you pay...Alot of guys out there feel that the Z06 was sold as a track ready car...So, mod and race it, but where they go wrong is that want GM to pay for their F**-ups...But there are some stories out there that they have denied warranty work on some motors with NO MODS or TUNE?...Tranny issues and some broken valves...
Unread 09-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #408
Rich Z

Quote:
Hi Rich, I don't blame GM at all...You wanna play, then you pay...Alot of guys out there feel that the Z06 was sold as a track ready car...So, mod and race it, but where they go wrong is that want GM to pay for their F**-ups...But there are some stories out there that they have denied warranty work on some motors with NO MODS or TUNE?...Tranny issues and some broken valves...
Well, if that happened to me, that's what God made lawyers for....

Yeah, their advertising copy promotes the thought that this IS a race car, and that sells cars for them. Well, if someone uses it in that manner, then they are only using the car in the manner it was sold to them advertised as being capable of. You can't sell a fishing rod and deny the warranty because fish pulled on it.
Unread 09-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #409
ironhorse
Road Warrior

Name :

Quote:
Well, if that happened to me, that's what God made lawyers for....

Yeah, their advertising copy promotes the thought that this IS a race car, and that sells cars for them. Well, if someone uses it in that manner, then they are only using the car in the manner it was sold to them advertised as being capable of. You can't sell a fishing rod and deny the warranty because fish pulled on it.

GM has denied Warranties of a few guys who have run there cars at the track...GM in fact has denied some warrianties because of it...The problem with lawyers, they cost money...Alot of money...I am not saying this happened alot, it hasn't, but it has happened...Most people do not have a lawyer on retainer 24 hours a day, GM does...people have argued the fact that they did sell this as a race on the track, then drive it home...I agree

Last edited by ironhorse; 09-11-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:25 AM   #410
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
GM has denied Warranties of a few guys who have run there cars at the track...GM in fact has denied some warrianties because of it...The problem with lawyers, they cost money...Alot of money...I am not saying this happened alot, it hasn't, but it has happened...Most people do not have a lawyer on retainer 24 hours a day, GM does...people have argued the fact that they did sell this as a race on the track, then drive it home...I agree
I tune my car and have been doing so since it was new. I have never been denied warranty at any dealership. About a week ago my car was in for repairs and GM installed a new PCM. Then they (GM) had the mechanic call me and ask me to come in and set the lockup to 50 MPH for the torque converter, which I did. That setting is in the tune. Again, GM requested I make the change.

If you have friends that have been denied repairs because they tuned their car there's something wrong and they need to appeal. It was probably the dealers decision and the burden of proof is GM's responsibility. They have to prove beyond a doubt that your actions or parts that you installed caused the failure. They need to read their warranty.

Rich, I have told you this before. I have had two transmissions and two torque converters replaced. So far this year warranty repairs have exceeded $13,000 (thousand) and GM paid every dime.

If your friends need assistance PM me and I'll give you my phone number and I'm more than willing to give them any info or help they need.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
427, aaron scott, chris harwood, rhs block, south georgia corvette, xtrememotorsports