The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 02-25-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation
Default The Danger to America

Wow! I just had to share this. Some unknown individual has majestically put into words what I've felt all along...this applies to the entire ship of fools we have running Congress as well:

"The danger to America is NOT Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president.

"The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symtom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

"The republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

--Author Unknown
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Well the multitude of fools was about 53% .(I was in the minority)
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, the problem with a democracy is that if the majority of the population are fools, then the country will be forced to do foolish things. Which is why the founders of this country wanted the USA to be a Constitutional Republic instead. The idea was that the Constitution would help protect the country from itself if such a state of affairs should develop. Unfortunately, I believe they wildly underestimated with breadth and depth of fools that the future would bring. I believe they did rightfully assume the danger of the country being taken over by unscrupulous and deceitful people, however, which is why the right to bear arms was so high on the list on the Bill of Rights. But even then, when you have a country composed of such a high proportion of fools being run by a cabal of opportunists and self interested parties, the trap we are in will not easily be escaped.
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Sounds reasonable to me. We listen to these people. We believe their rhetoric. We vote them into office. Then, when it turns out they're not doing what we want, we blame everyone except ourselves. Foolish indeed. The problem is, we're only human, just like the folks we elect. We can't possibly know what a person is going to do until they get in office. Then it's too late, at least for 4 years. How do you ensure the person you elected is going to do what's right for the country? If you figure that one out, please let me know.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
Rich Z

Perhaps there needs to be a Constitutional amendment that holds those representatives accountable for the promises they make while running for office. Basically it's a CONTRACT with the American people. With suitable penalties and even criminal sanctions. Heck, I would like to see something even as simple as a prohibition against LYING in public office, no matter what the reason. Simply saying that "national security" is a sufficient defense against bald faced lying is just not enough.

It's actually frightening and highly disappointing that lying is considered normal for politicians and accepted as the status quo in Washington D.C. What kind of BS is that? If those people are not believable, what the hell are they doing acting as representatives of US and this country?
Unread 02-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Yeah, perhaps a "BREACH OF CONTRACT" clause when they take the oath of office? Sorry bud, you lied, you're gone. Integrity and accountability are 2 things sadly lacking in our society as a whole these days.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #7
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
Well the multitude of fools was about 53% .(I was in the minority)
I was in the minority too...but just think...would McCain/Palin be doing any better at this point?
Unread 02-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
I was in the minority too...but just think...would McCain/Palin be doing any better at this point?
I have given it a lot of thought and my best answer is some what .Jobs ,taxes and debt are the big issues .Health care needs to be reformed but at this time it shouldn't be on the front hot burner .I think that McCain might have addressed issues in a different priority .
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
Jake_Dragon
That Guy

Name : Jake
Jake_Dragon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
I would have liked to have found out. Some of this mess was going to happen no matter who is in office but Obama has fanned the flames to disastrous levels.
Jake_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #10
Rich Z

Honestly, we had NO good choices at the polls. And until we do, things aren't likely to change much.