The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 12-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 C7

Just got this from a member of my club. Here is the link to the info on the C7.

Rich

http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/re...corvette.shtml

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I like

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I don't think it is different ENOUGH from a C6 to get very many people excited and willing to sell their C6 to buy the next generation. I think GM is just trying to pinch too many pennies by not doing major retooling to make a C7 as different from the C6 as all the other generations were from the previous generation. It's really just a change in name only....
Unread 12-21-2009, 01:47 AM   #4
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I don't think it is different ENOUGH from a C6 to get very many people excited and willing to sell their C6 to buy the next generation. I think GM is just trying to pinch too many pennies by not doing major retooling to make a C7 as different from the C6 as all the other generations were from the previous generation. It's really just a change in name only....
Depending on what that was a pic of, if the base model then I think you're off a tad

The rendering showed some distinctive widening of the gront and rear fenders, and what appears to be a substantial redesign of the front facia including the headlights

It would be nice to see some major mods, but I don't think it's going to happen for quite a while.

Would I sell or trade a C6 for it? Probably not. Then again, IDK?

Would I consider buying one?
Absolutely!

Remember:

Unread 12-21-2009, 02:59 AM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Depending on what that was a pic of, if the base model then I think you're off a tad
"off a tad"?

Off of what, pray tell?

The similarities are a LOT more numerous then the differences. Fortunately that article doesn't appear to be any official announcement from GM about what the C7 will actually look like, otherwise in my opinion they would be flubbing it badly........
Unread 12-21-2009, 07:33 AM   #6
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road
Default My take on the C7

GM has already said that the C7 would be ready for tooling and production in 2012, for the MY release in 2013...supposedly to coincide with the 60th anniversary of the Corvette.

In a conversation I had with Dave Hill (C4 Chief Engineer and Corvette God in hIs own right ) while at the NCM back in September, he mentioned that the C7 WILL NOT have any Transformer II (Revenge of the Fallen) look to it. After viewing that car while it was unveiled at the NCM, he expressed the structure and engineering could not support that kind of look. With laws and regulations built in, and around, every car produced, the Corvette Concept of that movie could not be built as seen without massive modifications...which means it could not support the look it has to be a C7. As far as a C7 goes, Dave mentioned it probably would stay within the C6 stance and profile, but with obvious tweeks (engine, interior, colors, etc.) to give it a distinctive C7 look. I then asked if he thought the C7 would have some special feature taken from past Corvettes and brought 'forward'. He hinted that a modern version of the 'split window' would be nice to bring back. He also expressed that his favorite Corvette is the C4 ZR1 and the new ZR1.
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 07:47 AM   #7
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
"off a tad"?

Off of what, pray tell?

The similarities are a LOT more numerous then the differences. Fortunately that article doesn't appear to be any official announcement from GM about what the C7 will actually look like, otherwise in my opinion they would be flubbing it badly........
Agreed. They are similar.

As I said though, depending on which version we're looking at, If it's the "base model" with the flared fenders, more pronounced front fenders, a different design to the front fascia and headlights, then it may be enough to make more than a few C6'rs go Huuummmm???? for a minute.
Besides, I know more that one or 2 vette owners that trade up every few years or minor change, whichever comes first

So even though considering we're looking at an unofficial rendering, if it turns out like that, I happen to think they may do better than expected with it.

Again, enough to trade a C6? Who knows?

Remember:

Unread 12-21-2009, 07:59 AM   #8
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Ugly...I will keep my 05...If thats all GM can do with the Vette after 8 years of C6 production, I may be looking elsewhere for my next ride when the time comes...
Unread 12-21-2009, 08:02 AM   #9
ironhorse
Road Warrior

Name :
ironhorse is on a distinguished road

With the new cafe standards looming, IMHO I doubt you will see a 7 liter motor?...HP may or may not be increased. GM may produce another version of the Z06, but as far as 427" I doubt it...
ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 08:27 AM   #10
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasajack View Post
...Dave mentioned it probably would stay within the C6 stance and profile, but with obvious tweeks (engine, interior, colors, etc.) to give it a distinctive C7 look...
An engine tweek would be nice, but I'm so tired of the paint, vinyl and leather "tweeks" I could puke!

Decals, leather changes and paint are all things that "can" be changed by the owner if they so desire without a ton of problems.

Give me something thats NOT so easily changed like engine, transmission options, suspension options and yes, even the side gills, when you're talking about making it "distinctive!"

Damn GM...have a little inginuity!

The GS was a nice breath of fresh air, incorporating many of the Z06 features into a convertible and targa version and some "old school" C4 side gills for a little nostalgia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
With the new cafe standards looming, IMHO I doubt you will see a 7 liter motor?...HP may or may not be increased. GM may produce another version of the Z06, but as far as 427" I doubt it...

Good points.

Remember: