The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 10-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #1
Suicide King

Name :
Suicide King is on a distinguished road
Default This could save my life.

I was riding my cycle today to go play poker when a red C5 pulled right at me in MY lane. I grabbed all the brakes I could while skidding off the road and almost into the ditch. He must not have even seen me or I’m sure he would have stopped to see if I was ok. I’m just glad I got away ok and my bike is alright too but if someone was in the other lane I wouldn’t be writing this right now.

Just watch this vide because it could save my life. Thanks.
http://bikerpunks.com/2007/10/03/a-p...rs-to-drivers/
Unread 10-18-2007, 11:05 PM   #2
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

Holy Crap that first impact made me freekin jump in my chair!!
Unread 10-19-2007, 01:00 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I nearly pulled out in front of a bike when I first got my driver's license. I never forgot it. I think the problem is that for most people, a bike just does not register when they look down the road. The mind is set to look for a car sized and shaped object and nothing smaller. It takes a real EFFORT to really LOOK when you are "looking".

Glad you are OK, man. I'll bet the guy in the red C5 would never believe you if you see him again and tell him what happened.
Unread 10-19-2007, 02:48 AM   #4
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

You're right on the money Rich

We're accustomed to looking for multiple headlights, tires and wide front ends. A motorcycle is a single track vehicle and much more difficult to see.

I never used to "assume" they saw me as I approached.

High beam headlights, and flashing or wig wag head lights go a loooooong way toward being seen

If you don't have the wig wag conversion, I'd suggest looking into investing in won. If I ever owned another bike, it'd have them...guaranteed

Glad you and your bikes ok.

Sounds like you did everything right
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2007, 06:32 AM   #5
silverback

Name :
silverback has disabled reputation

When I am riding my bike, I assume that the car at the intersection does not see me, roll off the throttle and my finger over the horn button. Even with extra high lights on, most bikes are hard to see. For all of us with bikes, ride on.
silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2007, 06:55 PM   #6
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Very scary. Glad you're ok. When there's a person on a bike around me I find I'm always trying to see where he/she's at. I'd rather have the rider in front on me than behind or next to me
Unread 10-22-2007, 07:19 AM   #7
sandman

Name :
sandman is on a distinguished road
Default Dude

Hey Suicide
Don't make me tell you all the drama I had on My GSXR custom 600. Be safe and remember always wear all your gear when riding no matter how hot it gets. It saved my life. Ruined my $800. helmet but saved my life. Glad you are ok.

SM
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #8
Suicide King

Name :

Thanks SM,

I was hit once by a 60+ year old lady. She didn’t even know she hit me until someone made her pull over down the street. Yeah, I wear the gear. It’s the only thing I have for defense.

I want to hear about your GSXR story.
Unread 10-22-2007, 09:57 AM   #9
Suicide King

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris308 View Post
Holy Crap that first impact made me freekin jump in my chair!!
I know, you never see it coming.

Thanks for all the ok’s and advice everyone. I’m just happy to be here on this Lovely wonderful Monday.
Unread 10-22-2007, 10:49 AM   #10
sandman

Name :
sandman is on a distinguished road
Default Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
Thanks SM,

I was hit once by a 60+ year old lady. She didn’t even know she hit me until someone made her pull over down the street. Yeah, I wear the gear. It’s the only thing I have for defense.

I want to hear about your GSXR story.
Well Suicide I had a 2001 GSXR600 with GSXR1000 front forks breaks suspension and the back was from a 1000 also. The first thing that happened this old Lady near deeath ran me into the curb scratching my $4000.00 custom hand painted paint job. She didn't even know she did it. People behind me just kept going. Then I had a new back tire put on and the mechanic didn't bleed the back brake. So I was on my way home when someone slammed on their brakes in front of me. that is when I realized I didn't have a back break. I did a panic stop and hit the front break to hard and my bike flipped over slamming me head first into the street. I woke up when EMSA was going to put me into the ambulance. Then a LEO wanted to do a field sobriety test on me because he asked if I take any prescription drugs. Well my dunb azz said yes. Now I was knocked out for approx 10 minutes couldn't walk because when my bike came down it landed on my legs breaking my right knee cap in half. Well I told the LEO ok I will do your test. I didn't have anything to hide. Well obviously I couldn't hardly stand on my own much less walk a straight line without my right leg giving out on me because I now had 2 knee caps. Guess what. THEY ARRESTED ME for DUI. Yup you got it. They slammed my azz in the county jail for 3 lovely days.
Then 2 weeks after my motorcycle flip and show my bike was locked up and alarm set. Didn't matter someone stole it. It was never recovered. I am still fighting the DUI and this happened back in March. So there is my Motorcycle Drama for you. I hope you enjoyed it. I sure didn't enjoy going through all that.
You know you make me laugh everytime you post something. Most people don't like to hear drama. Believe me I have had my share. Someday I will tell you what it is like in a Middle Eastern Jail. I was in one for 3 days also. But you have to ask real nice!!LOL

SM
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote