The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 02-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road
Default Z06 Rocket I would like You to clarify this statement

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...t=41710&page=1

Exactly what did you mean by this statement, I would like clarification?

"You are actually pretty lucky that I had time to cool off and was not within sight of you when you called me racist."

Please explain clearly what you meant to say or how I was lucky I was not in your sight and what you would have tried to do to me had I been in your presence, for I perceive this statement as a threat towards me and to do me harm, am I correct or misinformed?

First you tell me this............ "You can suck my left nut asshole!"

Then call me this ............ "Your the same type of scum bag......"

And this .......... "You (while I have not seen anything racist from you specifically) definetly fall into the dumbass category"

And then the threat above.

And more insults to me ..................... "The old saying goes that everyone has both an opinion and an asshole, both usually stink."

All because I posed a question to you whether you like black people or not? It was pretty simple, yes or no?

I never once called you a racist or anything else for that matter, in spite of your tirade of insults towards me and a perceived threat.

What I did imply was that you might be a bigot (I didn't call you it, but I did want to find out if you were or not) and what I felt was that your anger over the issue was to a much higher degree then one would normally equate to someone who was not directly affected by the tragedy in New Orleans due to hurricane Katrina. Thus a nerve had been struck. I decided to see where it went from there, inquiring minds wanted to know.

Now being the profiler that I am, you responded to my inquiry of you as someone typically would when called out and placed under a microscope and having been exposed. Obviously you are not comfortable having your belief system questioned.

It is quite obvious to me that you do indeed have anger issues as evidenced by your barrage of insults to me over asking you a question, a simple question. Nowhere have I resulted to childish behavior by calling you names like children do in the school yard as you have.

Here is an example of a reply to my question to you that more then likely would not had me continuing to yank your chain, so to speak.

Me: Ummm, U don't like blackfolks huh?
Z06 Rocket: No, in fact I do like black people, always have and always will, what I didn't like was how the whole Katrina situation was handled. Are you calling me a racist?

Me: No, not at all, just asking a question because it seemed like you were angry about Katrina and some of the anger appeared to be directed towards people of color in general and not individuals is all. Were you there or part of the situation? My bad, thanks for clearing that up. And by the way I do support your right to think and say what you feel regardless, just wanted clarification.

Take care, all the best
Cheers

I must admit up until the perceived threat by you, this debate had been mildly amusing, but I am no longer amused. Calling me names I can look past, it’s reflective of a lack of command of the English language and an overall inability to communicate effectively on the name caller's part.

What I will NOT over look is being threatened in any way shape or form, by you or anyone else if indeed I was. I would be glad to give you the opportunity to explicitly show me what you intended to do to me based on the statement you posted below:

"You are actually pretty lucky that I had time to cool off and was not within sight of you when you called me racist."

I can easily plant myself within your sight and you are more then welcome to demonstrate to me what it is you intended to do. I have the next three days off and got a full tank of gas.

Now if you want to back off that statement and call it a misunderstanding, more power to you and I will meet you half way, figuratively speaking LOL, and take half or more of the blame for the problem.

Nothing I love more then a great debate, I wholeheartedly support your right to whatever your opinions and beliefs are and to post them in my thread (unlike others who feel the opposite) as well as your right to hurl insult after insult at me, those things do not bother me. You can call me any and all the names you want to.

Threats bother me. Please stop that. I ask you nicely, once.

Cheers
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

You guys can have a discussion about issues you may disagree with, but going into the discussion with chips on the shoulders towards each other is just not going to cut it.

The disposition of this thread and your participation here will hinge a great deal on how you proceed from this point within this thread.

PERSONAL ATTACKS are really not welcomed here and will be actively discouraged. In order to not appear to be taking sides, BOTH parties will be dealt with in equal and like manner.
Unread 02-13-2010, 12:39 AM   #3
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
You guys can have a discussion about issues you may disagree with, but going into the discussion with chips on the shoulders towards each other is just not going to cut it.

The disposition of this thread and your participation here will hinge a great deal on how you proceed from this point within this thread.

PERSONAL ATTACKS are really not welcomed here and will be actively discouraged. In order to not appear to be taking sides, BOTH parties will be dealt with in equal and like manner.
Please clarify what personal attacks I am guilty of, other then asking a question and I will be more then happy to fix it or edit it out?

Personal attacks towards me have been a constant and now you step in when he makes a threat and I call him on it? So I am to sit back and take it and do nothing? Not gonna happen. Seems no one gets involved until I say something, where was the concern in regards to personal attacks towards me prior to me posting this, which I did as I was instructed to do if I had a problem in this section?

So suck my left nut is not a personal attack, OKKKKKK if you say so?

"................but going into the discussion with chips on the shoulders towards each other is just not going to cut it."

So as I am clear, it is A-ok for a threat to be made to me, but not for me to respond, that is how it works because I just want to know the rules? There is nothing like a little hypocrisy once in a while. I am giving him an opportunity to clarify what he meant in his statement, again seems asking questions is grounds for a rebuke. But hey you want to make up the rules as you go along and apply them in an inconsistent manner that’s your right.

Rich I will save you the energy of having to DEAL with me, so long, best of luck on the site. Please delete my account. Thank you.

Enjoyed it while I was here.

Cheers

PS I did send Rocket a PM with my contact info so he has the opportunity to clarify to me in person exactly what he meant. I look forward to it.
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2010, 01:22 AM   #4
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradzvette View Post
Please clarify what personal attacks I am guilty of, other then asking a question and I will be more then happy to fix it or edit it out?

Personal attacks towards me have been a constant and now you step in when he makes a threat and I call him on it? So I am to sit back and take it and do nothing? Not gonna happen. Seems no one gets involved until I say something, where was the concern in regards to personal attacks towards me prior to me posting this, which I did as I was instructed to do if I had a problem in this section?

"................but going into the discussion with chips on the shoulders towards each other is just not going to cut it."

So as I am clear, it is A-ok for a threat to be made to me, but not for me to respond, that is how it works because I just want to know the rules? There is nothing like a little hypocrisy once in a while. I am giving him an opportunity to clarify what he meant in his statement, again seems asking questions is grounds for a rebuke. But hey you want to make up the rules as you go along and apply them in an inconsistent manner that’s your right.

Rich I will save you the energy of having to DEAL with me, so long, best of luck on the site. Please delete my account. Thank you.

Cheers

PS I did send Rocket a PM with my contact info so he has the opportunity to clarify to me in person exactly what he meant. I look forward to it.
So you claim to have been a coach for 24 years? When two members of your "team" act like you and the OP in your argument, how do you react to the situation? Just let them have at it, or try to quell the situation? And if one says "But HE started it!", then that makes it OK for that one to continue?

So fine, if you want to take your bat and ball and go home, then please do so. But I really had hoped for a much more MATURE response from you.
Unread 02-13-2010, 01:39 AM   #5
Rich Z

Addendum...

Furthermore Brad, what the heck leads you to believe I was even following that conversation? Sorry, but I was not. The thread title was about football, and quite honestly I couldn't really give a damn about that topic matter, so I was not following the replies made there. I didn't read the thread until I noticed THIS thread and followed the link you posted to the football thread, which is WHEN I reacted to BOTH of you acting like you were within THAT thread.

Frickin' unbelievable.......

Last edited by Rich Z; 02-13-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2010, 08:36 AM   #6
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradzvette View Post

I can easily plant myself within your sight and you are more then welcome to demonstrate to me what it is you intended to do. I have the next three days off and got a full tank of gas.
While not necessarily a "personal threat", calling someone out on the site is not going to be tolerated. Sorry man, that's just the way it is. This isn't MySpace or Facebook or any of that chit, and we're not going to let it turn into one.

Nothing I love more then a great debate, I wholeheartedly support your right to whatever your opinions and beliefs are and to post them in my thread (unlike others who feel the opposite)

Some people feel more posessive about topics they start than others. Maybe it's because they're new and don't understand, maybe because it's a topic close to them, I don't know and it really doesn't matter. To some, it's like a child. They want it to stay squared away and not corrupted during it's development. Others are not so picky. Either way, we (yes-I'm guilty too) let that FOOTBALL thread get off topic. We started out kidding around and it went downhill fast. I don't want to have to start requiring threads stay "on topic", so lets try to do it the best we can.

Personal attacks towards me have been a constant and now you step in when he makes a threat and I call him on it? So I am to sit back and take it and do nothing? Not gonna happen. Seems no one gets involved until I say something, where was the concern in regards to personal attacks towards me prior to me posting this,

Go back and re-read my comments in that thread!
I belkieve I addressed just that issue the first time the matter was brought to light! No one is singling either of you out. The commentary is addressed to ALL concerned, even those not posting in either thread. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS ON THIS BOARD!! EVER!!
We can DEBATE FACTS all day long and I welcome that. We can disagree, argue or debate 'till the cows come home. We may never agree. That said, attacks, as a couple of members and former members have found, will result in action from a mod or admin. Not nearly as fast as it happens on most other sites. We try to mediate and let things get back on course. But at some point, it will happen. If this trend continues, I can almost assure you some of the laissez faire attitude will begin to diminish. I for one don't want to see that happen.

which I did as I was instructed to do if I had a problem in this section?

Yes you did, and THANK YOU It's really not about the thread topic or content, other than the call out. Ask the question, open the debate on the subject in general, and let it roll from there. A thread like "Is there a difference between a Bigot and a Racist?" may just generate some serious discussion.

See my previouse response.

So as I am clear, it is A-ok for a threat to be made to me, but not for me to respond, that is how it works because I just want to know the rules?

I think I've made it plainly clear above. NO THREATS! Period! Not from nor in response to.

There is nothing like a little hypocrisy once in a while.

If you're looking for a little (or a lot) of hypocracy, try one of the BIG FORUMS

I am giving him an opportunity to clarify what he meant in his statement, again seems asking questions is grounds for a rebuke.

Should have been done in PM or email. Not on a public forum My mother used to say "Two (2) wrongs don't make it right."
God rest her soul, she was right

But hey you want to make up the rules as you go along and apply them in an inconsistent manner that’s your right.

You have a PM

Cheers

Brad, I'm not sure why I spent that much time and effort responding individually to each point above, except out of respect for both of you.

As I've said before, this is a very laid back site. Possibly too laid back? IDK? That's for each individual to determine on thier own. I've been told in the past that we have no moderation, and what we do have is a joke If that's the way that particular individual felt then this obviously isn't the place for him. Heavy handedness is not an earmark of CorvetteFlorida.com and I'm proud of that.

We do however have rules, guidelines, etc, and as an unspoken, but discussed in several threads that you and I both have been part of, common courtesy, decency and respect for each other, reigns.

I think everyone here understands that

As you can see by going back and reading the thread, I did step in when the "threats" or vulgarities started to be thrown around. We don't delete, edit or close threads here as a rule, unlike other sites, so yes, the comments are still visible.

Even your thread, unless you do something with it yourself, will remain public.

We won't however, allow it to become a pissing match between 2 or more people where call outs and threats of violence are propagated.

Not here, not now, not ever my friend.

Hope you change your mind. Your threads and comments are always welcomed here.
But in the end...it's up to you.

Gordon

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I don't believe anyone is kidding you. Z06 Rocket is the mod of a specific club forum here so as far as the software is concerned, yes, that IS a mod.
I'm glad the Saints won. (football related). Too bad he represents a club. They must be proud.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I'm glad the Saints won. (football related). Too bad he represents a club. They must be proud.
If you want to slide in a hit on him, this is the place to do it, NOT the football thread....enjoy ya'll's rantings....

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #9
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
If you want to slide in a hit on him, this is the place to do it, NOT the football thread....enjoy ya'll's rantings....
I'm done.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote