The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > On The Road in Florida

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

On The Road in Florida Cruising | Scenic Routes | Speed Traps | Cool Places To Visit | Interesting Experiences in Florida

View Poll Results: How are gasoline prices affecting your driving habits?
Not at all. I drive just like I used to do. 33 62.26%
Reduced driving somewhat, but not a lot. 18 33.96%
Driving has been a LOT but still do some fun trips. 1 1.89%
Only drive when absolutely necessary and no FUN trips. 1 1.89%
Don't drive at all and use public transportation until this ends. 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 06-10-2006, 11:37 PM   #21
Purerock105

Name :
Purerock105 is on a distinguished road

Not much and my vette is not my daily driver either. But I am going on a two
driving vacation and look to put a good 3000 miles the last two weeks of June.

Purerock105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 07:17 PM   #22
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

It's affected me somewhat. I used to drive home for lunch each day. Now I either walk next door to the Thai place, or drive someplace much closer. In retrospect it seems kind of foolish. I'm probably spending more money eating out than I spent on gas to drive home each day.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 10:31 AM   #23
pewter99
This place cracks me up

Name :
pewter99 is on a distinguished road

not at all...
pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 10:32 AM   #24
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

Nothing has changed.
With 2 V8's and a V10...can't do much...
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 08:27 PM   #25
vonster49
c4-man

Name :
vonster49 has disabled reputation
Default GAS CRUNCH

iam just a weekend driver. I drive about 3000 to 5000 miles a year, so gas tends to last me a little while. I work in Plant city and live in TAMPA,so in my work car i burn about a tank a half a week.my work car is also my get a round car, so i try not to do too much driving.I'am doing some cosmetic work to my 90 -c4 so i can start doing the cruising scene with TBV. i'am dying to get out and hang out with you guys so the gas wont be much of a problem me once i"am ready to ride.
vonster49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #26
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

I'm really getting sick of the gas prices. I might just get a motorcycle to drive to and from work. It's not that I don't have the money to spend on gas, I just don't think I should. The big oil companies aren't getting too much of my money. So, I'd probably get about 45mpg on the bike. That would help. Some people say it's not worth it because you have to lay out the money for the bike, so you aren't saving anything. It's not so much about saving as it is about who's getting the money.

Rant off.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2006, 09:49 PM   #27
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I really wish I could stage a protest by just not driving, but honestly, lately I only go places I NEED to go anyway. Very little optional mileage being put on anything at all. Heck, more gasoline probably evaporates from my Jeep then I use for driving each year.... Tomorrow I have to run to the post office, get a hair cut, go to the bank, and stop by an office supply store.

I've had people say to me that I'm lucky living in Florida where the weather is nice most of the time. Heck, for as much as I get outside this time of year, I could be living in the Arctic Circle for all the difference it would make. But there should be a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere around the bend up ahead......
Unread 08-08-2006, 10:24 PM   #28
TwistedFun

Name :
TwistedFun has disabled reputation

i still drive the same but when i go to the pump or see the news about another excuse why prices are going up i get pissed off. record profits every quarter in the oil industry makes me think there is a little funny stuff going on. the best excuse so far was " fear of terrorism " wow being scared can really make a price go up! i do have a ducati 916 for sale if anyone wants it. the price is right.
Unread 08-09-2006, 01:41 AM   #29
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, but you know what? They have us by the short hairs and they know it. And there isn't one damned thing we can do about it, either.

A long while back when I lived in Maryland, the wife and I were thinking about moving to Tampa. So we got the local newspaper delivered to us. I remember an interesting article itemizing all of our representatives in Washington D.C. showing all those who had stock in the oil companies. The list went on for PAGES. But I guess conflict of interest doesn't matter up in the ivory tower.......
Unread 01-06-2008, 07:59 PM   #30
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

(Wondering how this post popped up under "new post" today) My driving hasn't changed, but I only use my cars to haul kids to Soccer practice and Kenpo twice a week. I use my company car the rest of the time. I fill up the truck and the Vette once or twice a month. The thing that ticks me off is the price of diesel fuel! Why is it 30-40 cents a gallon higher than regular gas? I've heard the old excuse that it competes with home heating oil in the winter. If we know this why don't we make more of it so the supply is not so tight? Oh, that's right, then the oil companies wouldn't make so much money! Those XXXholes are laughing all the way to the bank!
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote