The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 07-29-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
Classy
Car Arts Auto Detailing

Name :
Classy has disabled reputation
Default First Impressions

Hello everyone,Here is a sort of funny story.The other night me and the hubby went out to eat,after dinner we were walking to the vette and about 20 feet away was a family coming out of another resterant.There were 5 people in the family,mom,dad,teenage girl,teenage boy and alittle boy around 10 or so.They all were staring at the vette while we were getting in the car,we started it up and sat there watching them all looking at the us.They were all walking and with heads turn toward the vette and all of a sudden,BAM the little boy walked right into a light pole,I mean hard,I felt so bad for him,at the same time the father,still staring at the vette,grabed his son and held him,rubbing his head,but during this time he was still looking at the vette.I felt so bad about it I just told the hubby to pull away.Wow I think that little boy will always remember the first time he stared a corvette.
Classy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:33 PM   #2
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

That happens to me all the time, except that I am usually looking at some hot chick and Deb SLAMS my head into a light pole. Same thing, only different.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 09:46 PM   #3
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Poor kid, nice story though. You've got a great looking vette and I can see why folks would stare!! Bet the kid will remember that experience for a very long time.
I've had 2 funny experiences with my '92.
The first one was when I was walking out of the local Winn Dixie a man was taking pictures of my vette in the parking lot. I walked up to him and asked if I could help him. He had a very German accent and said he thought the car was beautiful and one like that would cost a lot of money in Germany and did I mind if he took photos. (part of me wondered if he was planning to find it later and steal it) but in the end I think he was really just admiring it.
The second funny story was another time I was coming out of a store and someone had parked a big pickup truck next to my vette. A man was just standing between them looking at my vette. I walked up and said "nice isn't it?" and he said, "yeh, but it don't have 4 wheel drive".... I think I know who owned the pickup truck....
Unread 07-31-2007, 10:23 AM   #4
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail
That happens to me all the time, except that I am usually looking at some hot chick and Deb SLAMS my head into a light pole. Same thing, only different.
Gee, this has happened to me too!

More than once!

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 09:17 PM   #5
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427
Gee, this has happened to me too!