The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 03-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road
Default Credit Crisis Explained

This is a very good video explaining how the credit crisis developed.

Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

That was a very nice video but I have a few problems with it.

Number one, the author forgot to mention that it was the gubmint that FORCED the lenders to make those risky loans. He totally left out any involvement of Barney Frank and Chris Dodd in this.

Second, his graphic of defaulting homeowners shows about 95% defaulting when in fact it was the opposite. AND, his claim that $300,000 homes are now worth only $90K is exaggerated. I’m sure that some knows of such isolated cases but nationally median home prices fell about 15% last year. The real home price decline is hard to determine because just stating that the median sale price of a home went down does not take into consideration that the mix of homes for sale is not the same. For example, more lower priced homes went on the market and or foreclosed than higher priced homes. People in higher priced homes (for the most part) are still paying their mortgages and are more likely to hold out for better times. Viola, the median price of home sales goes down.

Third, he claims that people were walking away from their homes even if they could afford the payments. While I’m sure this happened, there is no evidence that this was done in any measurable amounts. He makes it sound like everyone is doing it, bullony.
Unread 03-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

You are absolutely correct. I also caught a couple of discrepancies and should have mentioned them. Overall, it is a pretty good explanation of how we got where we are.
Thanks for the comments.
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote