The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 08-24-2008, 03:58 AM   #11
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Well, I think it's also so that people don't get intoxicated while driving. You could have a .07% blood alcohol precentage, get pulled over, and go free. Then the police officer gets to watch you crack open another beer and drive off from the stop.

Now I don't like the Police much. I won't go into that here. But I do know that drunk driving is stupid, and that the world would be a much better place without it. There's alot of other crimes they could be watching out for (trust me on that) instead of dealing with drunk drivers. So making it easier for the drunk drivers to get away with it will frustrate the cops. This is bad for the non-drunk drivers he then comes into contact with.

That said, I do think that this is a silly law. I mean, there are people driving around with more than 15 prior DUIs, who still have a driver's license. You'd think that the resources that might be prosecuting the guy with an open beer can would be better spent pursuing that lady with 19 DWIs.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 05:37 AM   #12
dvdcta

Name :
dvdcta has disabled reputation
Default beer

[quote=floridaZ;67766]Well, I think it's also so that people don't get intoxicated while driving. You could have a .07% blood alcohol precentage, get pulled over, and go free. Then the police officer gets to watch you crack open another beer and drive off from the stop.

Now I don't like the Police much. I won't go into that here. But I do know that drunk driving is stupid, and that the world would be a much better place without it. There's alot of other crimes they could be watching out for (trust me on that) instead of dealing with drunk drivers. So making it easier for the drunk drivers to get away with it will frustrate the cops. This is bad for the non-drunk drivers he then comes into contact with.

That said, I do think that this is a silly law. I mean, there are people driving around with more than 15 prior DUIs, who still have a driver's license. You'd think that the resources that might be prosecuting the guy with an open beer can would be better spent pursuing that lady with 19 DWIs.[/QUOTe
I agree!
dvdcta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 04:08 PM   #13
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaZ View Post
Well, I think it's also so that people don't get intoxicated while driving. You could have a .07% blood alcohol precentage, get pulled over, and go free. Then the police officer gets to watch you crack open another beer and drive off from the stop.

That said, I do think that this is a silly law. I mean, there are people driving around with more than 15 prior DUIs, who still have a driver's license. You'd think that the resources that might be prosecuting the guy with an open beer can would be better spent pursuing that lady with 19 DWIs.

Man oh Man, I don't even know where to begin. This post has so many assenine remarks in it that I am just floored by your lack of common sense.

Quote:
Now I don't like the Police much. I won't go into that here.
I won't even go into the "I don't like police much" because that is an opinion, and like a$$holes most of them stink, but oh well. Someone who doesn't like police enough to post it on a website like this one probably isn't liked much by the police either. Are you a frequent flyer?

Quote:
There's alot of other crimes they could be watching out for (trust me on that) instead of dealing with drunk drivers.
Are you saying "Trust me on that" because of your own experience?
(just asking)
I wonder by what authority you can have the "Experience" or "Knowledge" to say that you should be trusted on criminal behavior......... Why should we trust you? You don't even like the police....

Quote:
You are ruled over the limit at .08%, but can be impaired at .05% (in the courts eyes with testing you are able to be tried and convicted at that level) especially if any medication is involved (wether it is prescribed or not).

On to the real point of my response to your post.

I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME THINK OF ANY REASON THAT SOMONE WOULD EVER SAY THAT DUI'S ARE NOT WORTH THE POLICE TIME TO SEARCH FOR THEM OR INVESTIGATE THEM.

DUI's are one of the easiest tragedies to prevent, yet thousands of people get behind the wheel anyway. I can understand heat of the moment crimes where adrenaline or jealousy gets the better of someones emotions which may cause a fight, but DUI is a preplanned crime that is VERY easy to avoid. Cab rides, Friends as Designated Drivers, Walking home, Staying home to drink.... All ways to avoid becoming a statistic and ruining someone elses life forever. If you are lucky they die, and don't live on forever with burn scars, paralysis, amputations, and other drastically life changing injuries. If you want to hurt yourself go right ahead. Jump off the Empire State Bldg, or into the Grand Canyon, or however you wish to do it, BUT DO NOT SUBJECT ANYONE ELSE TO A LIFE OF HELL OVER YOUR IMMATURE AND BASICALLY RETARTED DECISION TO DRINK AND DRIVE.

DRIVING BUZZED IS DRIVING DRUNK!

Quote:
That said, I do think that this is a silly law.
Until you are effected by a DUI driver, or a loved one is.

Quote:
I mean, there are people driving around with more than 15 prior DUIs, who still have a driver's license. You'd think that the resources that might be prosecuting the guy with an open beer can would be better spent pursuing that lady with 19 DWIs.
Where is your anger? Is it the police that stop the DUI's and prosecute them (When they have better crimes to catch - Remember? Trust you.....) Or the Laws that are "SILLY" which allow the person to not be in prison after 19 DUI's? Or better yet the Judges that don't put them into prison after the third one (which is a felony in the state of FL)?

I will bet this person would want DUI's prosecuted.
(Scroll down through all the pics to see what kind of violent end someone who is sober has to suffer from when some selfish and irresponsible drunk only thinks about him/herself)

http://www.duipictures.com/depmark.htm

Do you want no enforcement or more enforcement to keep people from getting to 19 DUI's? You are pulling an Obama on that one and Flip Floping....

I wonder if you have the guts to watch this video. You are in the privacy of your own home, and can watch it or ignore it, but it is a good video I found when I read this crazy post of yours. Try to watch the first 4 minutes or so if you cant sit through the whole 9 minute video.

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?vid...load_modules=1

Here are some pics of fatal crashes for you to look at in the privacy of your own home as well. I don't know how many of them are DUI related, but the end result is still the same. DUI drivers are just more likely to end up in this type of crash than if both drivers are sober.

Gory pics - beware

http://www.consumershero.com/archives/1030#more-1030

http://www.consumershero.com/archives/1018#more-1018
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 04:11 PM   #14
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdcta View Post
Quote:

I agree!
DVDCTA............................... Post #13 applies to you too apparently.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2008, 03:50 AM   #15
dvdcta

Name :
dvdcta has disabled reputation
Default beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
DVDCTA............................... Post #13 applies to you too apparently.
nope!
dvdcta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #16
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

@Z06 Rocket

It is true that I don't like the Police much (in bold for comprehension purposes). I think that you are misunderstanding what I was saying though. I know 2 cops through my church, and they are good people. But as a whole, I'm not fond of them. They have a **** job, and alot of them develop bad attitudes because of this. I don't like to be around them or deal with them as a result. I don't hate the police, which seems to be what you are getting from my post.

As for my experience with crimes? I would choose to not answer this question. But it's not like you have to go too far to find a criminal at work. So when someone says that drinking a beer as you drive is illegal (thus proscecutable), and that it is a good use of police resources to prevent it, I can't help but to think about all the other crimes those resources could be better spent on.

And I'll saved the oversized red text for your future posting pleasure. But if I was to use some, it would say " I never said that I think DUIs are a waste of time for the Police to fight". If you are drunk, you shouldn't be driving. I used the DUIs as an example of what police time could be better spent on. Because it is true that there are people driving around with more than 3 DUIs, and I think that is a better use of resources than someone with a clean record drinking one beer.

I'm sorry if you are a cop and I offended you. But just ****ing deal, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So don't preach to me the evils of drunk driving, I don't live in some utopia where all is good in the world, you know.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote