The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Firearms and Other Weapons

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Firearms and Other Weapons Had a request for this forum, so here it is. Guess it will give me some place to talk about guns myself after selling my ArmsLocker forum.

View Poll Results: What is your "General Impression" of LEO
They are usually pretty fair 16 84.21%
Most are corrupt & show favoritism to other LEO 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 02-16-2011, 05:00 AM   #31
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but don't label us all the same. Like any other profession, there will be the bad apples. Make a complaint at the officer's agency (after you beat the charge in court). This will help them identify those that need to be "counseled" and perhaps receive remedial training.
I sent a letter As you've recommended and received a form reply .Maine use to have troopers right out of the pages of Mayberry RFD .Polite ,down to earth,common sense and if you got a ticket you smiled and knew you deserved it .No I don't judge all alike and as a matter of fact I met a DOT officer in North Carolina .I was on my way to Junkies house and the officer and I had a long discussion .When I was all squared away he shock my hand said it was a pleasure and I was on my way.(no ticket)
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 06:37 AM   #32
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
I sent a letter As you've recommended and received a form reply .Maine use to have troopers right out of the pages of Mayberry RFD .Polite ,down to earth,common sense and if you got a ticket you smiled and knew you deserved it .No I don't judge all alike and as a matter of fact I met a DOT officer in North Carolina .I was on my way to Junkies house and the officer and I had a long discussion .When I was all squared away he shock my hand said it was a pleasure and I was on my way.(no ticket)
I hate form letters!

Hey Chief/Sheriff, here's a novel thought!

How about we take a moment, to have some secretary at least look busy and type out a dictated letter!
Then you can get off your pompous ass and sign the mother****** and send it to the citizen.
At least make them feel like you G.A.S.!

Or hell, have the division (IAD) director do it, who cares? As long as someone does it.
I usually toss form letters and start making phone calls.

Anyway, I'm happy you at least had a positive experience with DOT. Sometimes those guys can be more of a PITA than a regular street cop.

When it comes to tickets, when I was a motor officer, I would generally write tickets in a 3 to 1 ratio.
3 warnings to every 1 ticket.

It kept the "stats' up for the brass.
Showed I was actually doing something, and gave me the opportunity to examine a driver, vehicle, etc. a little closer for less reason

I wouldn't write a ticket for 8 over, but if I wanted to check something out, it was as good a reason as any and the written warning documented the stop

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 05:49 PM   #33
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I hate form letters!

When it comes to tickets, when I was a motor officer, I would generally write tickets in a 3 to 1 ratio.
3 warnings to every 1 ticket.

It kept the "stats' up for the brass.
Showed I was actually doing something, and gave me the opportunity to examine a driver, vehicle, etc. a little closer for less reason

I wouldn't write a ticket for 8 over, but if I wanted to check something out, it was as good a reason as any and the written warning documented the stop

^ What he said!
Unread 02-17-2011, 08:41 PM   #34
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

I heard rumor that the COP was short for COPPER, the material the badges were made of in the early years waaaaaaay back when.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #35
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Have you ever heard 8 is fine but 9 you're mine?
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #36
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Have you ever heard 8 is fine but 9 you're mine?
That's what she said, but I refused to have a reduction

Remember:

Unread 02-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #37
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
Just a couple of short points if I may.

1) Having spent my entire career in Law Enforcement for a good sized agency and having interaction with many agencies all across the country I have NEVER met a corrupt LEO. Have officers,deputies/troopers made mistakes that cost them their jobs or careers? Yes they have.

2) Professional curtesy to other officers is not a given. I remember giving a ticket to an NYPD because an attitude about being exempt or above the law. It was his attitude that got him the ticket (just as with anyone I ever stopped). I was never a "big on traffic unit" but if faced with an obvious infraction I would work them as necessary and with all the curtesy I was allowed by the driver.

3) Have I ever shown professional curtesy to another officer, yes. We walked in the same dangerous shoes and pursued through the same dangerous streets and gone through the same dangerous doors after people who would take our life with no concern for us or our families.

4) What you say about attitude of officers is a bit misguided. Most (not all) are truly super people. Take them out of uniform and get to know them and you'll probably like what you find. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. Were their LEO's I didn't care for, yes. Were their ego's, yes. Just don't use too broad of a brush.

Just my observations.

I'm was wondering when SHADOW was going to pipe in.....
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #38
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasajack View Post
I'm was wondering when SHADOW was going to pipe in.....
Figured this time I'd just sit back for a while and watch the train wreck

Remember:

Unread 03-09-2011, 07:31 AM   #39
vettejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
Just a couple of short points if I may.

1) Having spent my entire career in Law Enforcement for a good sized agency and having interaction with many agencies all across the country I have NEVER met a corrupt LEO. Have officers,deputies/troopers made mistakes that cost them their jobs or careers? Yes they have.

2) Professional curtesy to other officers is not a given. I remember giving a ticket to an NYPD because an attitude about being exempt or above the law. It was his attitude that got him the ticket (just as with anyone I ever stopped). I was never a "big on traffic unit" but if faced with an obvious infraction I would work them as necessary and with all the curtesy I was allowed by the driver.

3) Have I ever shown professional curtesy to another officer, yes. We walked in the same dangerous shoes and pursued through the same dangerous streets and gone through the same dangerous doors after people who would take our life with no concern for us or our families.

4) What you say about attitude of officers is a bit misguided. Most (not all) are truly super people. Take them out of uniform and get to know them and you'll probably like what you find. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. Were their LEO's I didn't care for, yes. Were their ego's, yes. Just don't use too broad of a brush.

Just my observations.
Ken, Shadow (et al of the LEO world) my friends'...we're not worthy!!
Unread 04-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #40
vettejack

Default One reason LEO's are my friend...

tune into this video...kinda rough, but you'll get the jest of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgzZKHdV-P4