The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 06-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough
Default Who uses Craigslist?

I was just wondering how many of you have used Craigslist. I didn't realize how much stuff I've actually bought until my wife and I were talking about it yesterday. There have been a few good deals that I've found.

I bought my '97 F350 six years ago on Craigslist. It's still worth more today than what I paid for it then.
I bought my CTS V on Craigslist about three years ago. It's still worth more than I paid for it.
I bought my son's car a year ago on there. Bought it for $2800.00. It's a 2006 Nissan Sentra.
I just bought a 2010 Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator w/ice and water in the door, Stainless Steel, like new for $350.00. New price is $1295.00.

I must say that it has helped me save money and find what I was looking for. I couldn't find the truck I wanted around here. I looked on the Orlando Craigslist and the Jacksonville Craigslist and finally found the one I wanted in Orlando. Got it from a wholesale dealer that bought dealer trade-ins. He was able to put me in touch with the original owner so I know the history on the truck. The original owner traded it on a new Dodge dually one ton and he was only given $3000.00 on the trade! I couldn't believe it. The truck was in really good shape and all original. I get compliments on the paint all the time. I got it for $5895.00. The ones I found locally were all over $10,000.00 and the current Kelly BB price is a little over $8000.00, so I'm happy with the deal. I got tired of buying new vehicles and taking the 20-30% loss as soon as you drive it off the lot. It doesn't have to be new for me to enjoy it. And now I pay cash so that's an added bonus!
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Every once in a while I will look through Craigslist, but honestly I just don't like the format. I have never really found anything of interest to me there anyway.
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
Riceman

Name : Velocity Yellow ZO6
Riceman has disabled reputation

I too have bought many things from there and sold some.
I'm intrigue on what people sell.
Unread 06-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

I cruise it weekly just looking. Made one purchase an weather car cover for the vette, $50 and it was was used only once prior. Everytime I have a bunch of stuff I want to get rid of I just list it in FREE and it's always been gone in a few hours. Saves time, money and sweat.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

I did CL every day, numerous times per day, when I was looking for my C3.
Good results. Got a nice '75 in my home town- 5 miles away! Granted, I waited for the right one ---
Prior to that, I have had superb results selling, which is what I use CL for 95% of the time.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #6
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

Great site for advertising rental properties. I have never used an agent, too expensive to use classified ads in the paper that nobody reads anyway. All of my call have come from signs in the yard and craigslist.

And if you have never read any of the best of Craigslist articles you will laugh your arse off.

A couple of my favorites:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best...490579892.html

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best...444643908.html
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #7
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road
Angry

Tried to sell a couple of Walther magazines the other day and found out they have a new policy of getting approved. After you post, they send you an e-mail to insure you are who you say you are BUT....you must have a land line phone (not VOP) or a "real" cell phone; not one that is pre-paid. Guess what? I have neither. I use Magic Jack (VOP) and I guess Virgin Mobile is not a "real" carrier. So I'm SOL as far as CL is concerned. When I wrote to them, I got a standard answer...no real people involved!

Anybody want two Walther PK380 8 shot magazines, new in the box? $90 takes 'em....
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #8
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Yeah,I've tried it..............ALL I get is scammers sending me Bogus Checks for $4000.00 more than the price of the item wanting me to send the excess to their shipper (Western Union) so he can pick it up!

Falk CL!~!!