The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 02-08-2007, 01:29 AM   #41
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Thanks Scott!
Unread 03-23-2007, 05:33 PM   #42
06c6corvette

Name :
06c6corvette has disabled reputation
Default she is a beauty

congrats on the new ride c-6 corvette oh yeah.
06c6corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 10:03 PM   #43
Rich Z

I guess the factory fresh paint has cured enough so that I can clay bar it and get it sparkling. There is a scratch underneath the driver's side mirror that was there when we took delivery that I didn't initially notice that I have to try to buff out as well. Already put in a cargo shade, trunk partition, polished stainless tag frame, and black lettering on the rear bumper fascia.

I think we have over 800 miles or so on the odometer now. So I want to get the second oil change done pretty soon.

Also had to have an alignment done since it was pulling slightly to the right. But the warranty covered that one.

But honestly, I just like driving a 6 speed WAY more than an automatic. Connie doesn't drive it all that much, since when we both go somewhere, we tend to take my C5Z.

One thing I will say about that silver color, though. It doesn't show dust at all.
Unread 03-24-2007, 08:27 AM   #44
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
One thing I will say about that silver color, though. It doesn't show dust at all.
You've got that right! I'll be out there dusting mine off while Angel is patiently waiting for me in her Undusted Vette.

~Ray
Unread 04-28-2007, 01:59 AM   #45
Rich Z

Friday Connie and I went to Apalachicola with Connie driving her C6. Weather was just perfect. Actually saw quite a few other vettes along the way, and most of them exchanged waves with us. Along route 98 we had a red C5 come up quickly behind us and then passed us. Tag said it was from Santa Rosa Country. And it had some ghost flames on the sides. Sounded pretty sharp. Connie punched it a little bit when he passed us, just to play around..... Maybe the guy noticed the CorvetteFlorida decal and will chime in here. Sounded like he had a real nice exhaust system on his ride.

When we got back home, I was cleaning off the bugs on the front and getting it ready to put the cover back on when Connie came around and kind of shocked me. She said she REALLY likes that car. Even went so much as to say that now she liked it BETTER than her Silverado pickup truck! WOW! You could have knocked me over with a feather. Never thought I would here her say something like that. I can tell she really likes the way it handles and she just hasn't driven mine C5Z (she doesn't like the stick shift) enough to get much of an opinion. Plus I think she is a little intimidated by the power. She hasn't really kicked the C6 in the pants yet, so I'm waiting to see how she likes that.

One thing I really don't care for in this C6 is the passenger butt detector. That's the one that tells the onboard electronics that a passenger is on board, to nag them if the seat belt isn't fastened. Anyway, this just makes the seat harder on the butt and much less comfortable than the driver's seat. I'm sure the GM engineers thought it was a neat trick, but I'm not too keen on it. If I knew for sure that the airbag wasn't also tied into that sensor, I'd think hard about trying to remove it.

Anyway, the car looks pretty sharp. Did the claybar thing then put on a coat of Rejex. Shines up real nice now. Also put in a full set of Lloyds carpets as well as a partition in the back. Need to get some pics of that when I get a chance. It all looks real good together....

Actually this is not a good time of year to be goofing off, as I have snakes dropping BUNCHES of eggs lately. But every once in a while we just have to break loose for a bit. And as I have been finding out driving my own C5Z, Connie, I think, is seeing it now too. No matter how hectic and stressful things get, Life is just better, when you are driving a vette.
Unread 04-28-2007, 07:36 AM   #46
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Well Rich, you never know when it is going to happen but there is an event that takes place for all Corvette owners where they become bitten (I know, bad choice of words considering your business ) by this hobby. Sounds like Connie may have just experienced hers!

Connie!
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2007, 03:07 PM   #47
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
She said she REALLY likes that car. Even went so much as to say that now she liked it BETTER than her Silverado pickup truck!
Connie, pleeeease, call my wife!!
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote