The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 05-28-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
Psychotic Avian

Name :
Psychotic Avian is on a distinguished road
Default Meet the Valley Roadster!!!!!

Well folks after trying to find a classic corvette for months and dealing with a bunch of BS which I will spare you the story I decided to pull the trigger and go with a C6 Z-51 roadster. I thought I would let you know as you may see me tearing down the road in your neighborhood. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a link to some pictures on this page. I hope you like it!!!!!!!!

Click me!!!!!!!
Psychotic Avian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 11:20 AM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 02:40 PM   #3
Psychotic Avian

Name :

Thanks Shadow!!!!!!

I was getting nervous for a moment. Many folks are saying they never heard of a convertible with a Z51 package before. I don't know if they were messing with me or is it a rare option. But I just opened the glove box and thank goodness it shows a Z51 RPO code is there!!!!!! That would have sucked if I got a snow job!!!!

Unread 05-28-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default I had to pop the glove box as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Avian
I was getting nervous for a moment. Many folks are saying they never heard of a convertible with a Z51 package before.
Mine...

I know what'cha mean about the Original Sticker Price !
Mine is also a 2005 trip blk, with the Z51 pkg, but has the power top and is equiped with an A4.
NICE RIDE YOU HAVE THERE BRO!!!

~Ray
Unread 05-28-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
Default Oh...

CONGRATS on the new ride!
Unread 05-28-2007, 05:01 PM   #6
Psychotic Avian

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad

Mine...
I know what'cha mean about the Original Sticker Price !
Mine is also a 2005 trip blk, with the Z51 pkg, but has the power top and is equiped with an A4.
NICE RIDE YOU HAVE THERE BRO!!!

~Ray
Wow that looks just like mine!!!!!! Awesome. You even have the XM radio like mine. Don't know if I am gonna get XM though but it is nice to have.

Hey did you pay sticker price for yours? How about dealer markup if you bought new. Man the original owner paid a big price for it. I got over a 25K discount for a 8200 mile car (original price plus markup, tax, tag, etc). LOL!!!!!!! But she's mine now!!!!!!!!! I played hard ball when I negotiated. I even got them to shove the dealer prep up their cuzoo when I told them their car was defective. (that being two small tiny scratches) that you would need a magnifyer to locate. LOL!!!!!! At first they were calling BS on my request but when I said I was really gonna leave over 600 bucks they thought about it and lowered the asking price 600 bucks to compensate for the "imprinted" dealer prep on the sales slip. That imprinted crap really pisses me off. Why you gotta pay dealer prep on a used car? It was prepped once already!!!!!!!

Oh and the finance lady. Man was she a piece of work. Trying to sell me all sorts of BS. She was pushing the "Appearance Package." An 800 dollar charge for treating the leather and other BS. I told her I was taking the car apart and was gonna take the seats out and put different ones in it. Pull out the radio and navigation system and put a roll cage in it and race it. LOL!!!!!!! It is a convertible but what does she know. She moved on to the next item. The overpriced 600 dollar gap insurance which I said NO to. She said I really needed it. I said I will go elsewhere. She asked where. I said I go to google.com and enter el cheapo gap insurance. Those are my guys. That was the end of that. LOL!!!!!!!! Left unscathed!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

Unread 05-28-2007, 06:40 PM   #7
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
Default Parrot,

Mine was a Demo with just over 3k . I feel I made a pretty good deal on it or at least that's what I tell myself . I have the XM, but NEVER listen to it as I have a 6 disc cd changer (original) in it. I did however purchase the gap insurance but at least I'm covered. I also have the "auto butler" (where they detail the car, I believe every 6 months), but after the 1st time I realized it was worthless.
All in all, we feel we made a good deal and are VERY pleased with the car and it's performance .
Again, congrats on the new toy and I know you'll enjoy the hell out of it!

See ya on the Valley,

~Ray
Unread 05-28-2007, 06:43 PM   #8
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
Default Oh and by the way...

I had Magnaflow Magnapacks (dual tips) put on it and it sounds AWESOME!
Unread 05-28-2007, 06:46 PM   #9
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Avian
...She moved on to the next item. The overpriced 600 dollar gap insurance which I said NO to. She said I really needed it. I said I will go elsewhere. She asked where. I said I go to google.com and enter el cheapo gap insurance. Those are my guys. That was the end of that. LOL!!!!!!!! Left unscathed!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!
Good for you bro

Funny you mention her asking where though. I recently changed my auto insurance from SafeCo to Amica. Saved about 6k in the process too.

My insurance fool who I've been asking for oh, 2 years to either get me better coverage for the money or less money for the coverage, said my current insurer needed my new company information in order to cancel my insurance and stop the auto debits from my account

I said they don't! Just the fact that I'm cancelling my policy with them is sufficient. Make another debit or fail to cancel my policy and see where that lands them

I hate insurance companies bullcrap!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 08:18 PM   #10
Psychotic Avian

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
Mine was a Demo with just over 3k . I feel I made a pretty good deal on it or at least that's what I tell myself . I have the XM, but NEVER listen to it as I have a 6 disc cd changer (original) in it. I did however purchase the gap insurance but at least I'm covered. I also have the "auto butler" (where they detail the car, I believe every 6 months), but after the 1st time I realized it was worthless.
All in all, we feel we made a good deal and are VERY pleased with the car and it's performance .
Again, congrats on the new toy and I know you'll enjoy the hell out of it!

See ya on the Valley,

~Ray
Sounds like you got away with a good deal with a couple of sucker punches. Don't EVER buy that garbage from the dealership. Especially their extended warranty crap. They wanted to sell me a 2,000 package. I was like WTF are you on drugs? LOL!!!!!!! I said I will think about it later? She said when later? I said when I get mailings from companies at the end of my GM warranty which is probably half the amount you are charging me. That ended that discussion there. LOL!!!!!! I do believe the worst part about the entire purchase process is when they send you to that room in the back when they seal the deal. I remember one time I was buying a car some spanish guy was really starting to piss me off big time. I told him at least 6 times I don't want the extended warranty. I finally said, "You don't understand English I see, let me tell you in Spanish, the answer is, "NO" "Comprene Senor?"
That ended that discussion. He was actually pissed off and offended and told me he didn't appreciate that. I said whatever, let's get this over with and we can all go home. LOL!!!!!!!!