The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 05-28-2007, 08:21 PM   #11
Psychotic Avian

Name :
Psychotic Avian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Good for you bro

Funny you mention her asking where though. I recently changed my auto insurance from SafeCo to Amica. Saved about 6k in the process too.

My insurance fool who I've been asking for oh, 2 years to either get me better coverage for the money or less money for the coverage, said my current insurer needed my new company information in order to cancel my insurance and stop the auto debits from my account

I said they don't! Just the fact that I'm cancelling my policy with them is sufficient. Make another debit or fail to cancel my policy and see where that lands them

I hate insurance companies bullcrap!
VERY interesting Shadow. I have no idea what my insurance company is going to do with this new ride. We will have a multicar discount but I imagine I am gonna take a hit. You said you saved 6K going with this company called Amica?????? Hmmmmm. Might have to check that out. Man that is a lot of money you saved. I could get a nice Corsa exhaust system and more with that cash!!!!!

Psychotic Avian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 08:25 PM   #12
Psychotic Avian

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
I had Magnaflow Magnapacks (dual tips) put on it and it sounds AWESOME!
Any chance you can upload an audio clip?????

Two guys told me about Corsa Sport. You are the first recommending the magnapacks? Do you know if there is a website that demos the sounds like Corsa does? I actually want to be obnoxious and wake up the neighborhood with this ride.

Any ideas on how to be obnoxious??????
Unread 05-28-2007, 09:04 PM   #13
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Very nice ride Congrats! Black is of course the best color!
Unread 05-28-2007, 09:37 PM   #14
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Avian
VERY interesting Shadow. I have no idea what my insurance company is going to do with this new ride. We will have a multicar discount but I imagine I am gonna take a hit. You said you saved 6K going with this company called Amica?????? Hmmmmm. Might have to check that out. Man that is a lot of money you saved. I could get a nice Corsa exhaust system and more with that cash!!!!!

Well remember that I'm insuring 5 cars, a 2000 Z28 Camaro, 87 Vette, 89 Landcruiser *(business), 01 Volvo and a 98 Volvo with a youthful driver with a license less than a year Also live in Tampa (unincorporated, but that doesn't matter that much-still a crap hole for insurance!)

My old company, SafeBlo charged me almost $1000.00/month for basic coverage.

This company gave me 100/300k with 50 BI + car rental for a month for 1/2 that price and they're a top of the heap rated company in both customer service and rates Very pleased so far

If you want the information just let me know and I'll PM you the information.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 10:20 PM   #15
Psychotic Avian

Name :

Quote:
Well remember that I'm insuring 5 cars, a 2000 Z28 Camaro, 87 Vette, 89 Landcruiser *(business), 01 Volvo and a 98 Volvo with a youthful driver with a license less than a year Also live in Tampa (unincorporated, but that doesn't matter that much-still a crap hole for insurance!)

My old company, SafeBlo charged me almost $1000.00/month for basic coverage.

This company gave me 100/300k with 50 BI + car rental for a month for 1/2 that price and they're a top of the heap rated company in both customer service and rates Very pleased so far

If you want the information just let me know and I'll PM you the information.
Wow that sounds real good there!!!!!!!

If you don't mind please PM me some more information. I have a feeling I may need to check this out more closely. Thanks!!!!!!!
Unread 05-28-2007, 10:31 PM   #16
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Avian
Wow that sounds real good there!!!!!!!

If you don't mind please PM me some more information. I have a feeling I may need to check this out more closely. Thanks!!!!!!!
PM coming your way.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 10:45 PM   #17
Psychotic Avian

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Vettes
Very nice ride Congrats! Black is of course the best color!
Yep I have always loved black. Once you go black you can't go back!!!!!

LOL!!!!!
Unread 05-29-2007, 09:26 AM   #18
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Parrot,

www.magnaflow.com
click on "American muscle", then click "hear it", scroll down to the 2005 c5's and click on the choices.
The price there is high, I've found them cheaper elsewhere when I was looking.
Everyone who's heard them has liked them. Maybe they were just being nice...who knows .

~Ray
Unread 05-29-2007, 06:03 PM   #19
Psychotic Avian

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
www.magnaflow.com
click on "American muscle", then click "hear it", scroll down to the 2005 c5's and click on the choices.
The price there is high, I've found them cheaper elsewhere when I was looking.
Everyone who's heard them has liked them. Maybe they were just being nice...who knows .

~Ray
They actually sound really good. I am leaning towards Corsa Sport package though. But looking at other options, as well.
Unread 05-29-2007, 06:10 PM   #20
Psychotic Avian

Name :

Quote:
PM coming your way.
Thanks I got the information. I was gonna call up today but ended up finding out I needed to renegotiate my financing terms. I caught them screwing around again. Fortunately, you have time to change the terms via canceling it and showing up with a check from another lender.

I went to State Farm and they said they could do better and include the gap insurance (they call it debt cancellation). I did not purchase gap from the dealer as they wanted 699 bucks for it. WTF is up with that???????????

I called first thing this morning and told the dealer that I found another lender and I will be coming with a check to pay the balance this morning and don't sent the agreement out to their lender. I didn't get a call back for hours and said, screw this, I am driving up with my check from the new lender and end this BS once and for all.

When I got there they were actually nice and polite. They knew I wasn't in any mood to "f" around with them. They pretty much beat the rate offered at the new lender and threw in the gap insurance at no extra charge. On this form it said $399 was waived. WTF????? They tried to sell it to me two days ago for $699. That was pathetic, but I am at a stealership.

I know their tricks and play them hard. I got caught because I bought the car on a Sunday and original had another lender at a higher rate as I was going to buy an older vette at first. When they told me they could beat that rate I said okay. But it turns out they were trying to milk me for more money. Homey don't play that.

If any of you get intimidated by dealers and want a buddy to swing along with you and you live nearby I will go with you. I love telling these mofo's what do to with their products and games they play!!!!!