The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #41
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

It will be available this summer according to GM.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #42
jcb_njb

Name : Jim Brackett
jcb_njb is on a distinguished road

3 words: I like it!
jcb_njb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #43
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

This is a video of Jay Leno going over the new Corvette and his opinion on the car. This video has more detail on the C7 than what I have been able to see in just a few still pictures. Looks like Jay likes it!

Enjoy
Rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKrQr...layer_embedded

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #44
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister View Post
I couldn't agree more. When I was in my teens and early 20s, every guy I knew was into cars. At 17 my first car was an old '51 Plymouth Belvedere flat head six, then a 57 Olds J2, then a '61 Impala 283, and finally a 1970 GTX 440+6. After those cars I became civilized, with family, and children, work, etc.

Everyone rebuilt their own carbs, changed manifolds themselves, installed Hurst shifters, did their own maintenance, etc. Within my circle of friends, owning a Corvette was an unattainable dream. Today the average young guy is more interested in texting on his cell phone, and checking his Facebook page every 6 minutes.

There was never a time in my life, that I didn't see a 'vette, and think to myself,..."some day, some day". Finally, at age 69, I ordered, and am waiting to take delivery of my life long dream. Members of my family, and neighbors, think I'm going through some kind of mid-life crisis, but not my friends, they understand, and two of them, already own a Corvette.

I attended the "SuperCar Show" in West Palm Beach, just last Sunday, the 13th. I should not have been so surprised, when I found that literally every guy I met with a Corvette, or muscle car, and every member of the local Corvette club was in their late 50s to mid 70s. I guess it takes most of us a long time before owning a 'vette is both feasible, and affordable.

Things sure have changed over the years. I don't know how long I'll be able to keep my Corvette before age, or financial issues arise. However, even if I have to sell it 6 months from now, I'll have the photos, and the memories, and I'll be able to say, "I did it, I owned a Corvette".
I quite agree with your assessment. I especially disagree with others when they say "mid life crisis". Okey dokey, let me ask this of them: if its mid life crisis now to own a Corvette, lets say in your mid to late 50's or 60's, what do you call it when my first Corvette ('72 vert) was bought at 19 in 1973? I've owned Corvettes off and on since then...so when does mid life crisis creep into the equation? For some odd reason when people our age have been driving ricers for the past 50 years, somehow that excuses them? Didn't think so...so...tell those who tell you its a mid life thing to go pound sand!
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #45
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettejack View Post
I quite agree with your assessment. I especially disagree with others when they say "mid life crisis". Okey dokey, let me ask this of them: if its mid life crisis now to own a Corvette, lets say in your mid to late 50's or 60's, what do you call it when my first Corvette ('72 vert) was bought at 19 in 1973? I've owned Corvettes off and on since then...so when does mid life crisis creep into the equation? For some odd reason when people our age have been driving ricers for the past 50 years, somehow that excuses them? Didn't think so...so...tell those who tell you its a mid life thing to go pound sand!
LOL! If anyone considers "50s and 60s" to be a "midlife crisis", then I guess they are expecting to live to be 100 to 120 years old. Sorry, but you all MISSED that midlife crisis a while back. I'm calling my Corvette fascination since 2005 a "second childhood". Or maybe it's the third........