The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 02-22-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough
Default New Tires

Hey folks, I just had new sneakers put on Deb's car and would like to say a few nice things about the shop where I had the work done.

I was originally going to order the tires online from Tire Rack, have them shipped to Tire Kingdom near my house and have them do the install. I was going to buy Firestone Firehawk Wide Ovals in 265/40/17 and 295/35/18.

I was driving up 41 last week and decided to stop in the local Firestone store just to get their price on the same tires. After getting there walk in price I told the guy that they seemed too high on their price and that I could get them from Tire Rack and have them installed at Tire Kingdom for a lot less.

The guy behind the desk surprised me by saying that he would match the Tire Rack price.I thanked him and left. So before ordering them from Tire Rack I decided to give a call to Firestone just to see if they would actually match the price.

I spoke with Stuart who agreed that he would match the other price. He told me that he had the rear tires in stock and could have the front ones there in an hour or so. I asked again about the price matching and he told me to bring in the prices and he would match it. I told him to go for it and he said he would call me when the tires got there. So I printed up the prices from the Tire Rack website and about an hour later he called and off I went.

I got there and half expected some discussion about the pricing or the install cost but I was wrong. I decided to not get the road hazard pkg.

The guy"Donny" working on my car was very professional, took his time and I feel did an excellent job, trust me I watched. The guys had no problem with me hanging close by and joining in shop talk, mostly about the Vette. After Donny got the tires all balanced and mounted back on the car he re-programed the tps sensors. Then put it on the Alignment rack and we found that the alignment was out quite a bit which is why I had such fast front tire wear. So I went ahead and had the alignment done and there is a big difference.

Stuart assured me that he would honor that price match but would rather we keep it to ourselves.

I would reccomend these guys, A Job Well Done.

Firestone Complete Auto Care, 6205 14th St. W.,Bradenton 755-0210
ask for Stuart.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

WOW, Thanks for the heads up on a nice shop. It's unfortunate that a good shop is the exception rather than the rule these days.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR View Post
WOW, Thanks for the heads up on a nice shop. It's unfortunate that a good shop is the exception rather than the rule these days.
Mark, yeah Donny did a great job on the car today. A big name shop with the hometown feel.

See you on Sunday morning.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #4
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Tim had just the opposite happen to him at a Firestone today. Got a quote then they jacked up the price. Needless to say, he doesn't have wide ovals on the Z.