The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 07-29-2006, 12:20 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default I think my wife has lost her mind....

We've been half heartedly looking for a Corvette for her (more likely a C4 based on price range) and aren't having too much luck finding one within close driving range. With the constraints of my business at this time of year, a multi-hour drive is just out of the question. Anyway, there was an article in the local paper recently about the C6 Z06 and showed the new one recently acquired by the Blankenships in Tallahassee. Real beautimus looking car! Anyway, I don't know how Connie and I got on the topic while we were driving into town today (Friday), but somehow the topic turned to the C6 Z06 and she just says "Well why don't you buy us one?" Yeah, right.... Like I have 75K+ to spend on a car.... But she says, "Hell, you could be DEAD tomorrow, so why not?"

Yeah, she would just DIE if I did that. Well probably not right away, but when that first monthly bill came in, THEN she would die. And take me right along with her............. But you gotta love someone who would at least make statements like that to make you feel better. Hmm, I wonder if she would spring for the idea of my getting twin turbos at a MUCH cheaper price for my C5 Z06??
Unread 07-29-2006, 07:13 AM   #2
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Rich,

You are crazy not to jump at this opportunity. This situation probably only comes up, MAYBE once during a marriage! When that first payment comes due and she questions what the sensibility of this purchase, you just say to her, ...this was your idea and I did it just to make your happy!

Hopefully, you will only be unconscious for a short period of time. But when you come to , that new Z06 will still be in the driveway! Seems to me that this would be a small price to pay for 505 HP.
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2006, 07:55 AM   #3
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427
Rich,

You are crazy not to jump at this opportunity. This situation probably only comes up, MAYBE once during a marriage! When that first payment comes due and she questions what the sensibility of this purchase, you just say to her, ...this was your idea and I did it just to make your happy!

Hopefully, you will only be unconscious for a short period of time. But when you come to , that new Z06 will still be in the driveway! Seems to me that this would be a small price to pay for 505 HP.

Hell, maybe only once during a 2nd or 3rd marriage!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2006, 09:02 AM   #4
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

You should definitely jump on that!

Here's my story. A few years ago my wife and I went out for my birthday. After dinner, she said what do you want to do now? I said I didn't know. She said do you want to go to the Corvette store? Thinking that they were absolutely out of my price range, I said no honey, that's like telling me I can go to a strip club and can't touch the women! Needless to say, that didn't go over very well. Fast forward, wreck the Camaro SS, buy a Corvette. Now she hears, I want another Corvette...and a Harley. She puts up with so much!

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2006, 12:45 PM   #5
Rich Z

Well, I don't know. Got a letter the other day from the roads department wanting us to DONATE our land to pave the road that goes through our property. We have 50 acres, so a 50 foot easement right through it would be a couple of acres, I would guess. They can forget that "DONATE" crap. Not with the price of land these days. So if we can get them to buy that acreage at the going prices, maybe that would be a windfall to be able to buy that Z06.

On one hand I would like to have the road paved for the sake of my vette, but on the other hand I really don't want it paved. There is a state law that you cannot shoot a firearm within 500 feet of a paved road, so if that road gets paved, it will be tough for me to find a safe spot to shoot on my own property without being in violation of that law. I certainly have no intention of giving away that right I now have for free as a DONATION, in any event.

Not to mention that some of the jerks around here already travel 60 mph on the dirt road and have gone off the road into our stream when they lost control. So I certainly think things will get worse if the road is paved.

And what is it with people who have this uncontrollable urge to throw trash into a body of water? We ALWAYS have junk someone has thrown into the stream. Caught one jackass throwing glass bottles into it and shooting them with a .22. Kids will often swim there.........

No, I really don't want to go into debt for a car at this stage of the game. My business is doing pretty well, but it is extremely labor intensive and all it would take is my having to go into the hospital for something major to deep six it. I'm at the age where that is certainly a consideration I have to keep in mind. Yeah, I wish I could get good employees to help out, but that is pretty near impossible in this area. Perhaps it is something in the water, but finding someone capable, reliable, and trustworthy is a lost cause. Last week we had a girl working for us say she was going on break to go to the store and never came back. That happens ALL of the time. Heck, we have hired people to start on Monday and they never showed up. People got paid on Friday and that is the last we see or hear from them. It's tough as hell running a business when you have it always in the back of your mind that NEXT week nobody could possible show up for work.

Fortunately we have everything paid off here. So I just can't bring myself to put us behind the eightball with monthly payments for a car.

Hey, I had an idea! I wonder if I offered Ed Morse Chevrolet lifetime free advertising here if they would trade me a C6 Z06 for that?
Unread 08-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #6
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well, I don't know. Got a letter the other day from the roads department wanting us to DONATE our land to pave the road that goes through our property. We have 50 acres, so a 50 foot easement right through it would be a couple of acres, I would guess. They can forget that "DONATE" crap. Not with the price of land these days. So if we can get them to buy that acreage at the going prices, maybe that would be a windfall to be able to buy that Z06.

On one hand I would like to have the road paved for the sake of my vette, but on the other hand I really don't want it paved. There is a state law that you cannot shoot a firearm within 500 feet of a paved road, so if that road gets paved, it will be tough for me to find a safe spot to shoot on my own property without being in violation of that law. I certainly have no intention of giving away that right I now have for free as a DONATION, in any event.

Not to mention that some of the jerks around here already travel 60 mph on the dirt road and have gone off the road into our stream when they lost control. So I certainly think things will get worse if the road is paved.

And what is it with people who have this uncontrollable urge to throw trash into a body of water? We ALWAYS have junk someone has thrown into the stream. Caught one jackass throwing glass bottles into it and shooting them with a .22. Kids will often swim there.........

No, I really don't want to go into debt for a car at this stage of the game. My business is doing pretty well, but it is extremely labor intensive and all it would take is my having to go into the hospital for something major to deep six it. I'm at the age where that is certainly a consideration I have to keep in mind. Yeah, I wish I could get good employees to help out, but that is pretty near impossible in this area. Perhaps it is something in the water, but finding someone capable, reliable, and trustworthy is a lost cause. Last week we had a girl working for us say she was going on break to go to the store and never came back. That happens ALL of the time. Heck, we have hired people to start on Monday and they never showed up. People got paid on Friday and that is the last we see or hear from them. It's tough as hell running a business when you have it always in the back of your mind that NEXT week nobody could possible show up for work.

Fortunately we have everything paid off here. So I just can't bring myself to put us behind the eightball with monthly payments for a car.

Hey, I had an idea! I wonder if I offered Ed Morse Chevrolet lifetime free advertising here if they would trade me a C6 Z06 for that?

I'll put:

CORVETTEFLORIDA.COM

on the back of all my future tee shirts for a new Z06....

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2006, 11:23 PM   #7
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
I'll put:

CORVETTEFLORIDA.COM

on the back of all my future tee shirts for a new Z06....
OK, anyone want to raise the stakes? How about a tattoo? Now all we need is to get Ed Morse Chevy to participate......

Say, if they give me one, I will put "Courtesy of Ed Morse Chevrolet" across the top of the windshield!
Unread 08-05-2006, 09:10 AM   #8
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
OK, anyone want to raise the stakes? How about a tattoo? Now all we need is to get Ed Morse Chevy to participate......

Say, if they give me one, I will put "Courtesy of Ed Morse Chevrolet" across the top of the windshield!

I'll up the ante. For a new 07 Z06:

I'd be willing to hold a snake....

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote