The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 12-27-2007, 05:26 PM   #1
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation
Default New Direction For The War On Terror

SEND US PRIOR SERVICE VETS OVER 55

I am over 55 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. (You can't be older than 42 to join the military.) They've got the whole thing backwards. Instead of sending 18-year-olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters:
Researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.
Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier.
"My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry!"
We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some asshole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 a.m. Old guys always have to get up early to pee, so what the hell. Besides, like I said, "I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-bitch.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at, and we like soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course, however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training. I can hear the Drill Sgt now, "Get down and give me ... er… one."
Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start up a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten cowards who attacked us on September 11. The last thing an enemy would want to see right now is a couple of million pissed off old farts with attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them.

If nothing else, put us on the border and we will have it secured the first night.
Share this with your senior friends. It's in big type so they can read it.
.. Dave
zzzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Unread 12-27-2007, 07:40 PM   #3
Gary S

Name :
Gary S has disabled reputation

Gary S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:21 PM   #4
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

There is fair amount of truth---------
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:19 PM   #5
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzona View Post
SEND US PRIOR SERVICE VETS OVER 55

I am over 55 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. (You can't be older than 42 to join the military.) They've got the whole thing backwards. Instead of sending 18-year-olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters:
Researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Ok, I haven't hit that age yet

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier.

A-freakin'-men brother!

"My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry!"
We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some asshole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

That'd be my guess

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 a.m. Old guys always have to get up early to pee, so what the hell. Besides, like I said, "I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-bitch.

Now yer talkin'

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at, and we like soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course, however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training. I can hear the Drill Sgt now, "Get down and give me ... er… one."
Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

Generally speaking, I don't run...from anything! And you're right, you can't outrun a bullet

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start up a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten cowards who attacked us on September 11. The last thing an enemy would want to see right now is a couple of million pissed off old farts with attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them.

AMEN!!!!

If nothing else, put us on the border and we will have it secured the first night.

Yep

Share this with your senior friends. It's in big type so they can read it.
.. Dave
I'm with ya brother! Let's roll!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 11:47 PM   #6
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

My deployment bag is packed now lets go kick ass.
Unread 12-28-2007, 01:27 AM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I think I'll wait for them to come to me. All that ammo is HEAVY......
Unread 12-28-2007, 07:25 AM   #8
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I think I'll wait for them to come to me. All that ammo is HEAVY......
Rich is obviously officer material
Unread 12-28-2007, 08:27 AM   #9
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road
Default Just out this morning

Subject: Redneck Special Forces
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:03:57 EST

The Pentagon announced today the formation of a new 500-man elite
fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces.

These Alabama,Arkansas,Georgia,Kentucky,Mississippi,Missouri,Oklahoma,Tennessee and Texas boys will be dropped off into Iraq and have been given only the following facts about terrorists:

1. The season opened today.
2. There is no limit.
3. They taste just like chicken.
4. They don't like beer, pickups, country music or Jesus.
5. They are DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for the death of Dale Earnhardt.

The Pentagon expects the problem in Iraq to be over by Next Friday!!

Unread 12-28-2007, 08:58 AM   #10
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

Right on Bro! The most valuable ingredient us over 55's bring to the table is philosophical differences. We have raised a generation of mamby pambies...Our generation subscribes to the belief that there are some folks that just need killing. It its truly unfortunate that many in the "now" generation oppose certain interrogation techninques and are in favor of punishing our troops for doing what they were trained to do.

tb (former USMC, Battalion Recon)
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote