The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 06-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
Curacao
Island in the Caribbean.

Name : Timothy Halley
Curacao is on a distinguished road
Default 2014 Corvette Stingray Pace Car at the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix

-----
Curacao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #2
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Sweet Timmy
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

I like um more everytime I see um.
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
I like um more everytime I see um.
Me too Ken!!

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah man. I'm hoping I can save money now that I'm not throwing money into a bottomless pit trying to get the C5Z back together and running to maybe be able to afford a later model year C7. By then GM will possibly come out with the usual Z06 or equivalent "performance" upgrade model. Or at the very least get most of the bugs worked out of that brand new engine design. Of course, it did take longer than two years for that to happen with the C5s. And it took till 2009 for them to work out some problems on the LS7 motor in the C6 Z06. So it seems that once they get most of the bugs worked out of the current model, they then switch to a new model and have to start all over again stamping out the bugs. So maybe the time to buy a C7 will be when they come out with the C8 model. Like sometime in the year 2022?

But heck, by that time I'll be 72 years old (if even still alive) and I might not be able to drive a stick shift any longer anyway.

So how many dealers are adding on a surcharge to the list prices of the C7s, like they normally do when they expect high demand?
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #6
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
So how many dealers are adding on a surcharge to the list prices of the C7s, like they normally do when they expect high demand?
The way GM is handling the allocations, I think they are trying to minimize this practice. If you are a high volume Chevy dealer but not a high volume Corvette dealer, you may not get an allocation for a 2014 in the early production period (6 - 9 months). The dealers that only sell a Vette occasionally tend to fall into the category that they want to get every dollar they can. The high volume Corvette dealers typically do not try to hold premiums above MSRP. Don't get me wrong, if you want a new one, you probably are going to pay MSRP or damn near it. If you check with Kerbeck in Atlantic City, MacMulkin in New Hampshire, Criswell in Maryland, you can get in on an allocation at MSRP. If you go to a Chevy dealer that is going to get two or three 2014s for the entire model year, those are the guys that you need to be careful dealing with.

Just my opinion.

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, moot point, I guess, as I certainly wouldn't want to be the first on my block with that new LT1 engine design. It's going to have to prove the test of time before I would want to plunk my money down on it.

Among other innovations: 2,000 psi fuel pressure from a mechanically operated fuel pump, which, along with the fuel rails and fuel injectors, are all located UNDER the intake manifold. Half of the valve lifters are connected to an electronic management system that blocks oil flow to them to make the engine run on four cylinders for fuel economy sake, that appears to be all located underneath that fuel system mentioned above.

I would REALLY want to see how the new technology holds up after being in the hands of regular every day drivers who might get a batch of bad gasoline or any number of situations that an engine in real life gets subjected to.

I want to see what wrenchers say about having to fix some of the things on the new engine design when actual failures happen. What sort of unintended consequences are lurking underneath that C7 hood that the first buyers are going to discover?

For instance, what happens if a fuel injector sticks open with 2,000 psi of fuel behind it?

Nope. I'll let the explorers take the arrows in the back.