The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 04-05-2007, 02:11 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Gasoline prices around the state

I guess you all have noticed that gas prices have launched into the stratosphere.........

Here's an interesting site I stumbled on -> http://www.floridastategasprices.com/index.aspx?fuel=C
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:02 AM   #2
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

I use these sites all the time. It gives a good gauge of what you should be paying.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:14 AM   #3
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

There ought to be something the government should do to limit the price increase of fuel, IMO. Not to mention, the constant fluctuation of pricing is UNREAL!

~Ray
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:45 AM   #4
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

I'm not debating the war.But if we had taken the billions spent on the war and placed it into alternative fuels and research we could bring gas prices to a stable price structure.We could sit back and watch the eastern animals eat their young.
Heck if my vett is in the 0-100 in four second class and tops off at 300mph I wouldn't much care if it burned chicken livers.
The other problem is my home state turned down an oil refinery ,three LNG plants/took out many small hydo dams and shut down the atomic power plant.Have blocked wind and solar sites.So they deserve to pay $8 a gallon.
I presently have 0 energy cost at my winter home at Conway self storage and i'm doing just fine.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:35 AM   #5
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

Viable alternative fuels will never happen, never, unless of course the oil companies can make as much profit off those products as they are now. Funny if the price of crude rises we see the effect on prices at the pump within a few days. But if the price of crude drops, well don't hold your breath. The oil companies are too strong and simply will not tolerate being told what to do. The major oil manufacturers continue to post 100 billion dollar plus yearly profits but our government is afraid to even discuss a windfall profit tax, and when they do it dies on the floor almost immediately. We will never see gas prices below $2.00 ever again. Every summer they change to a "summer blend" of gas so they can screw us some more. America is the greatest place in the world to live, but on certain issues our government absolutely sucks. This country revolves around the automobile business, perhaps when it finally tanks and our economy is in the toilet they will wake up and stop letting big business punish the working middle class.

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:18 AM   #6
Rebekah7155

Name :
Rebekah7155 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the link. We're fortunate to live in a part of the state where the prices don't get the highest. Premium is 2.85 all up and down Hillsborough Ave right now.
Rebekah7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #7
Blueleader

Name :
Blueleader has disabled reputation

Here on the Space Coast - the prices are rising a little all the time, with $2.68 today for prem. I dont care any more, I wont let it rent space in my head. I will drive the vert as long as I can shift gears
Blueleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #8
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro
Viable alternative fuels will never happen, never, unless of course the oil companies can make as much profit off those products as they are now. Funny if the price of crude rises we see the effect on prices at the pump within a few days. But if the price of crude drops, well don't hold your breath. The oil companies are too strong and simply will not tolerate being told what to do. The major oil manufacturers continue to post 100 billion dollar plus yearly profits but our government is afraid to even discuss a windfall profit tax, and when they do it dies on the floor almost immediately. We will never see gas prices below $2.00 ever again. Every summer they change to a "summer blend" of gas so they can screw us some more. America is the greatest place in the world to live, but on certain issues our government absolutely sucks. This country revolves around the automobile business, perhaps when it finally tanks and our economy is in the toilet they will wake up and stop letting big business punish the working middle class.
Quite simply, it's a matter of conflict of interest. Many years ago the Tampa Tribune ran a multi page article on ALL of our congresscritters itemizing the stocks and interest they held in the oil companies. OF COURSE they are not going to vote to reduce profits on the oil companies! That reduces the value of their own investments!

Then to add insult to injury, they put taxes on TOP of those already high prices, expecting us to swallow the reason that it is for our own good, because it will help to force us to reduce the consumption of the gasoline voluntarily.

Truth of the matter is that the government/oil companies have us by the short hairs. As long as we keep buying the product, regardless of price, there is absolutely NO incentive for them to try to keep the prices low. Until we can stop buying, we have absolutely NO leverage in the argument.
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #9
Fastcat3

Name :
Fastcat3 has disabled reputation
Default Price Jump today

I think here in Citrus County the price jumped 10 cents or more per gallon. I went to a Texaco station and they had all the pump handles covered. Went to Walmart and the sign out front said $X.7.X. Decided to go to the bank first and when I came out Walmart was $2.85. I went on down to Shell and paid the same $2.85. Isn't something wrong when Walmart and Shell are the same price. This is happening more and more. I think the reason for todays big jump was the extremely large drop in gasoline inventories yesterday which sent gasoline futures way up. Oil is coming down. We have about six or seven major refineries offline too! Realizing this is all a bunch of bs no matter what the reason we better prepare for an expensive summer. One cloud during hurricane season is good for $3.50 a gal.
Fastcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:58 PM   #10
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Soon within the next five years gas could be around 5+ a gal.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote