The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 12-11-2006, 10:46 PM   #11
Corvette Concepts

Name :
Corvette Concepts is on a distinguished road
Default More Wrong Than Meets The Eye

I believe that I purchased a Cadillac from this company, Elite Motor Sales. They are working out of a luxury home in a residential area with fencing and electric entry gates. They charged me a $150.00 processing fee (mandantory according to the woman who runs the operation). After a month I never received my title or registration and when I called she said it had been mailed. I visited our local tag office to find that the paperwork for the title was never submitted. I had to pay again for the registration. In the mean time I'm driving around in an unregistered vehicle. I contacted Elite by mail and I got the runaround. After I sent several letters and a few phone calls I threatened legal and governmental action. After two or three months I received about $100.00 or so back.
I will say that the chick running this place was real easy to look at. She had aftermarket "bolt ons" that were a little distracting.
The scuffs on the front fascia on that Vette are minor compared to the dance you'd be doing to get the deal straight.....small world we live in.

Corvette Concepts
Delco/Mongoose Performance
Corvette Ranch
Sarasota, Florida 34240
941-322-0577
Corvette Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #12
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Concepts
I She had aftermarket "bolt ons" that were a little distracting.

Wow...who'd have thought? they've had good feed back on Ebay.
Unread 12-12-2006, 12:08 AM   #13
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Ebay's feedback mechanism is a joke. It's without a doubt a sellers paradise and quite often a buyer's nightmare. The sellers pay the bills there, so they pull the strings in any dispute.

As for feedback, well, if you post negative feedback, then the other party can post a retaliatory negative feedback against you. The ONLY recourse available to you is to volunteer to have BOTH feedbacks removed, or they both stay. That's the reason that a lot of people refuse to post any feedback until the other part does first. The last person posting feedback has the upper hand. Yeah, you can reply to a feedback post, but it does not affect your score at all.
Unread 12-12-2006, 12:14 AM   #14
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
But other than the fact that it's a "curb muncher", what's the problem?
May have been driven by a farsighted grandma for all we know.
Better than a Shrub whacker!???

~Ray
Because it may be indicative of other hidden damage.

When I was checking out a C6 here locally, it also had a missing spoiler but only on the driver's side. It also had the splash guard in front of the wheel severely damaged. I asked about this on CF at the time, and someone posted some pics for me and indicated that such damage is normally caused by an unpleasant meeting with a curb. This guy had a similar situation where the front bumper fascia had gotten the supports broken because of the impact. No way to fix it, so it had to be replaced. Between the replacement part and getting the part painted, he wound up with a bill for around $2K. THAT could significantly alter the "deal" someone thought they got with just *minor* damage.

If the dealer was smart, they would have just spent the $$ to replace those plastic spoilers before offering it for sale. They really aren't all that expensive and it could make or break a sale. Personally I just wouldn't buy a car with that sort of visible damage.
Unread 12-12-2006, 08:52 AM   #15
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Not an Ebay sort of guy here so, i'm not overly knowledgeable on the subject.

Like I said, if the Only damage was the spoiler, then what's the problem.
A closer inspection would hopefully reveal any other damage.
Although, i'm not sure i'd want to drive All of the way there, only to find what I suspected.
That's one of the great things about this forum, The Knowledge!

~Ray
Unread 12-12-2006, 08:58 AM   #16
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The vehicle has a clean title. It is sold "As Is-Where Is."
This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied.
The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith.
No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle,

Makes me a little suspicious....... In the post it says 3/36 warranty, but here it says NO WARRANTY. Possibly a hurricane flood car or a major crash repair.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote