The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 09-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #11
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Well what do you know? I finally get someone on the phone that knows how to provide good customer service. I originally asked for a supervisor but I briefly explained my problem and mentioned that this is going on a year in a couple of weeks. She put me on hold for about two seconds and said "This is ridiculous! I'm just going to issue you a credit. I don't know why anyone hasn't taken care of this for you before". done!

It's finally a relief to have this taken care of. Thanks for all the advice.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2006, 03:06 PM   #12
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

Way to go, good for you. An email or phone call to her supervisor might be the right thing to do for her help and common sense in resolving your dilema.

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #13
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

It has been my experience that the true measure of a company is not how they go about being an "order filler", but how they handle the rough spots in the road when they inevitably show up.

The question that ALL customer service reps should ask is "What can I do to resolve the problem?", and then just to it.
Unread 09-21-2006, 08:48 PM   #14
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Congrats!
Unread 09-21-2006, 10:02 PM   #15
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro
Way to go, good for you. An email or phone call to her supervisor might be the right thing to do for her help and common sense in resolving your dilema.
Absolutely. Praise the young lady for her swift and customer service oriented actions!!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 06:32 AM   #16
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

You really needed to get a delivery conformation. Eckler's probably gets hundreds of packages a day. Easy for something to get lost or go wrong.
Unread 09-25-2006, 09:35 AM   #17
vette8t7

Name :
vette8t7 has disabled reputation
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow

There's another lesson to be learned here...ECKLERS hasn't gotten any better

I was within a couple of miles of thier facility on Monday and didn't even have the desire to stop in I'd rather go to RON JON's and I don't even surf!)

Scott, if you'd like we can take a ride over there together and chit chat with management face to face. While we're there, I'll introduce you to a good friend of mine (used to be a police chief in the Melbourne area).

I'll bet we can get this worked out
...Not sure who YOU are, but if your post either presents yourself as "being local" and perhaps "know the management" or "just passing through the area". If the case of the former why not just point him to the CS manager, the Sales Manager, the Wholesale Manager or get in contact with the Eckler's personnel and send them a link to this post??

The original poster lives a few hours away and I'm sure if he wanted to "cruise over here to fix the issue" he would have done so in the last year.

I apologize I haven't logged into this site in a while...if I had a few days ago I could have helped you resolve your issue by getting the right person involved. I don't know who you spoke with previously or why they didn't escalate it. I will pass this on to a few of the supervisors there so they are aware of this situation and can find out and address where the breakdown occured. Hopefully in the end alleviated someone else from experiencing what you experienced.
vette8t7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 09:57 AM   #18
vette8t7

Name :
vette8t7 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by naples
You really needed to get a delivery conformation. Eckler's probably gets hundreds of packages a day. Easy for something to get lost or go wrong.
At time I wonder with all the vettes around the country and out of country...and taking into account all of the other corvette parts reataielrs out there...How many people order parts from Eckler's on a daily basis. It seems any given day there is delivery truck after delivery truck. Semi's dropping off and picking up from the warehouses. RPS moving pallets. Multiple UPS and Fedex trucks. Looking at the warehouses it wouldn't *seem* like they have THAT many parts, but they they constantly have a LOT of volume going in and out DAILY. That said...I can see how something could get misplaced.

On the otherhand, typical the sales receipts have a return form on the back. The original poster said he wrote a letter, but did not indicate whether or not he included the order number. Keep in mind, returns don't go to someone sitting at a desk. They arrive at the warehouse. The warehouse personnel opening a package with two items and a letter may have something to do with one (RA for the mask), but no order # for the sills. The person in the warehouse may not have the capability to look up your name and search through your orders to find when you bought the sills. So it moves to someone else or another pile or stack so someone can look it up-or it can go to someone to look it up. When you call someone in the sales office or customer service they don't see it returned, they probably called someone in the warehouse who checked such a pile or bin for those category of returned items and didn't find anything...so then it becomes a research issue. If the order number was included or you had an RA for both items, then this is a mute point.

Also, if your returned the one item for warranty repair work, your package may have simply arrived at Eckler's and been forwarded to whoever the vendor was....
vette8t7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 11:56 AM   #19
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Personally, I have ordered from Eckler's several times and never had any problems at all with my orders. Every retailer has problems now and again. The larger the volume, the more chances for that to happen. One out of one thousand transactions going bad isn't so bad if your volume if just 500 packages a year. But if you are talking about 200,000, then the odds are that there will be 200 screw ups to contend with.
Unread 09-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #20
NOBCKSEAT

Name :
NOBCKSEAT is on a distinguished road

Hi everone. Timing is everthing. I too have had a very recent experience at Ecklers that I was very unhappy with. I sent an email to them and when I got no response, I posted it on the C-5 forum as ELTRONVETTE on Corvette forums.com last week. It is based on my observation and my experiences and my expectations. Apparently I'm not the only one unhappy.
NOBCKSEAT is offline   Reply With Quote