The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Competitions and Racing Forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Competitions and Racing Forum Any and all forms of contests. "Kill" stories are OK, but please note that this site does NOT condone illegal activities. So discretion is advised.

Unread 11-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation
Default Emily Lewis

I see Emily Lewis broke in the 2ND round at PBIR during the 5 day bracket race. Until the second round she had been cutting terrific lights and running right on the number. I saw one .004 package that she ran.

Emily is the daughter of Tracy Lewis (RevXtreme1) and the reason I’m still drag racing today. Back in 2003 after I bought my Vette I read a magazine article about Emily and her drag racing career. There were photos of Mom, Dad and Emily plus the motor home and car. Tracy talked about the weather station they depended on and I’m wondering what the hell is a weather station. It was a lengthy article if my memory serves me right and definitely got me interested in doing it again.

Thanks to Tracy and Emily for getting the fire started again. I have met many wonderful people at the track and I have experienced things I could never have imagined. One night about midnight, I’m sitting in a chair outside of the motor home and the whole place was empty except for me. I was parked at Englishtown, a world famous drag strip, alone with my thoughts. It’s a feeling I can’t explain but some of you will understand. I guess privileged may be one word to explain it. That’s just one of my many memories.

Thank you Lewis Family Racing.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

LOL! She had the battery run down & couldn't start it (running 7.14 and 187) and even though someone ran up with a jump box & her opponent, Brendan Greorge in true drage racers fashion refused to stage so she could get up to the line for a fair race, the officials told him stage NOW or he would be disqualified. All took less than 100 seconds but this shows how the PBIR officials respect the racers VS the other tracks that would have had no problem giving her the time.

So to say the least, she is still disapointed. The car was running right on and she had cut a few .001 lights leading up to this and was in her "zone" where she wins.

Thats racing!

Thanks for the kind words Bob, will be at a track with you again in the future when I'm healed up enouugh.
Unread 11-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
...her opponent, Brendan Greorge in true drage racers fashion refused to stage so she could get up to the line for a fair race...
to him

Quote:
...the officials told him stage NOW or he would be disqualified.
How chicken chit!

Quote:
...All took less than 100 seconds but this shows how the PBIR officials respect the racers VS the other tracks that would have had no problem giving her the time.
That's rediculous!
If the other racer didn't have a problem, and the crowd wasn't complaining, then what does it hurt?
Besides, it shows some great sportsmanship and tru comaraderie on the part of both the racers and the person that came running up with a jumper

Good to see that the spirit is still alive and well

Sorry about her misfortune, but she's good. There will be other days.

So to say the least, she is still disapointed. The car was running right on and she had cut a few .001 lights leading up to this and was in her "zone" where she wins.

Thats racing!

Thanks for the kind words Bob, will be at a track with you again in the future when I'm healed up enouugh. [/quote]

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

Tracy she's cut from the same cloth as you and Karen, A Class Act. Get well my friend.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words Bob, will be at a track with you again in the future when I'm healed up enouugh.
It won't be this coming weekend at PBIR as I hoped. I don't know if you decided to go or not but I've got a sick dog.

Apparently she poked a hole in her eye while we were in Mi and it's not healing real well. I have to give her 34 eye drops a day and two pills twice a day. Yep, I said thirty four. We're giving her two more weeks and then he'll have to operate if it's not healed.

I'm sorry I'm going off topic here but she came from a bad breeder and she's had many problems and a lot of pain. Be very careful when buying a pet. Creeps like this breeder in Mi need to be shut down. I hate to think what her life would have been like had we not bought her.
Unread 11-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #6
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

We wish her well. Our dogs have always been part of the family.

Here is a article from a few years back when we were on top of the world with the race team:

Each Rev-Xtreme Race Team Member Scores on Northern Swing--Lewis, Williams, Hickmon racking up the W’s!!!
8/23/2006
Ellenton, FL

Emily Lewis, Troy Williams, Jr., and J.P. Hickmon, the three Rev-Xtreme backed Florida competitors decided to pool their resources and head North for the month of August, piling their three competition vehicles into one rig and hitting the road for a rigorous tour. Despite a lengthy stint on the road and some trials and tribulations along the way, the trip has been a huge success in terms of on-track success, with each competitor scoring along the way.

The tour began at Atco Raceway in Atco, NJ for the AA Auto Salvage $20,000 bracket events August 4-6. Their, Hickmon picked up a Gamblers event victory, while Williams advanced to late rounds in Saturday’s $20,000 event. After an adventurous trip West to the Mid-Michigan Motorplex for the World Super Pro Challenge the following weekend, Hickmon followed up with yet another victory: in Thursday’s $5,000-to-win opener. Hickmon’s Rev-Xtreme backed dragster is powered by a Nesbitt Performance Engines 555, and he was quick to credit the Carolina engine builder as well as Jeg’s Mail Order, Mullis Chassis by Forrester, and Nitroplate for his recent success.

Defending IHRA Quick Rod Champion Williams added a runner-up in Sunday’s $5,000-to-win closer, while Lewis drove her machine to a quarterfinal finish.

“The Michigan race looks real good on paper,” joked Lewis. “Troy and J.P. both made finals, and don’t get me wrong--it was a good weekend. But, we missed our shot at the real big money (the $50,000 main event was won by Tennessee’s Jason Lynch), and on the way from Atco, the motorhome broke down in Ohio. We actually had to lean on some friends to even get to Michigan--so it was a trying week!”

The entire Rev-Xtreme team wished to thank Jeremy Bargo, Carey Gill, Mike Bloomfield, and the Connolly family for their help throughout the week.

The weekend of August 19-20 brought the team to Tri-State Dragway near Cincinnati, OH for the IHRA Mr. Gasket Pro-Am event. There, Emily Lewis added to the team’s victory total, earning a win in the Quick Rod Shootout event contested Saturday night. Williams, Jr. was also a semi-finalist in that category. Then in Sunday’s main event, both she and Williams found themselves in the semi-final round once again, although both fell in that stanza.

Although the Tri-State event did not count toward Williams’ 2007 IHRA points total, he still sits atop the Quick Rod points chase as the season heads toward a close. Several competitors, including Texan Chris Pogue, Illinois based Forrest Lipke, Louisiana’s Slate Cummings, Kentucky competitor Rusty Cook, and more have a shot at overtaking the points lead.

A piece of that championship puzzle could fall into place at this weekend’s IHRA World Nationals at Norwalk Raceway Park. The Grandaddy of the IHRA schedule is the final stop on the Rev-Xtreme tour before the trio points their rig back Southbound to Florida.

Primary backing for each of the aforementioned drivers comes from Rev Xtreme (www.RevXtreme.com), a full service parts and performance shop specializing in all late model high performance cars and trucks. Florida competitors Emily Lewis, J.P. Hickmon, and Troy Williams, Jr. make up the Rev Xtreme motorsports marketing regime. RevXtreme currently has retail facilities in Tampa, FL, and Fort Myers, FL, with a new store opening soon in Atlanta, GA.
Unread 11-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
We wish her well. Our dogs have always been part of the family.

Here is a article from a few years back when we were on top of the world with the race team:

Each Rev-Xtreme Race Team Member Scores on Northern Swing--Lewis, Williams, Hickmon racking up the W’s!!!
8/23/2006
Ellenton, FL
Muffin says thanks for the good wishes.

I remember that summer in 2006. I raced a few events in London, Ky. In one race I ran a guy that had a 5 second Vette. I'll never forget that race. I got lucky and had a good light and as I'm nearing the finish line I look and he's way back there. I slowed the car down and as soon as I crossed the finish line he came past me like a bat out of hell. I had slowed down to about 80 and he must have been running around 150. Man, did I misjudge him but I won the race.

I think he traveled with your team but I don't remember his name. He had the Vette and a dragster, both in one trailer. Your team was not in London so I'm not sure how they met up. I think he helped out getting your motor home back on the road. How's your memory? Do you know who he was?