The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 03-25-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road
Default Made up my mind: new Z06

Well, I did it. Decided to sell my 2002 and order a new Z06. The order went in today.

This car will be a little different in that it will be a 3LZ Atomic Orange with the new RPO 195 Ebony Custom Leather Wrapped interior. Also chrome wheels, nav, and R8C.

Since this interior option is brand new and most dealers don't even know of it, and also since Atomic Orange is going bye-bye at the end of the 2008 model year, I expect this will be a rather rare combination. I'm not under any illusions about it being a "collector's item", I just like something that looks good but is a little different. Like my current '02 Quicksilver with Torch Red interior (which I will have to sell, sniff!).

Yes, pics WILL be posted ASAP. I'm figuring mid-May delivery.

This will probably be the only brand-new 427 Corvette I'm ever going to buy, so I'm going to do all the "ceremonies": Buyer's Tour, Museum Delivery, and a long road trip before heading home. WooHoo!
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

well, took you a few months of pacing back and forth

CONGRATS TO DAVE!!!!
BTW a fellow board member has a quicksilver/torch red coupe he was here monday

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 04:17 PM   #3
pewter99
This place cracks me up

Name :
pewter99 is on a distinguished road

Good choice....got my 07 last July and already put 25K on it and I have 2 other cars to drive

heres tip for you...rear tires last about 11K...if you see a good deal on some buy them...also for any tire changing needs call Craig at PitCrew tire...if you haven't used him before the new Z will be a good excuse to start. www.pitcrewtire.com

I am on my 3rd set of rears and 2nd set of fronts.
pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 04:51 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

WOW! Sounds like a great looking vette on the way. I'll bet you are all excited as hell about it. You DO know you aren't supposed to exceed 55 mph for the first 500 miles, don't you?
Unread 03-25-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
LEJ ZO6
LEJ ZO6

Name :
LEJ ZO6 has disabled reputation

Congratulations!

I wish they had the 3LZ in all black when I bought my '08 Z. You will really like that color combination! I chose black with a black 2LZ interior after selling an orange/black '74 that I had owned for 32 years. (By the way, you won't miss your '02 after you get the new car.)

I'd forget about that 500 mi. break in period and just drive the car. They come right off the line and onto the dyno rollers as you will see when you take the factory tour. You won't hurt it by driving it.

Be sure and post the pics after delivery. That will be a lo...ong wait!
LEJ ZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #6
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

I'm very happy for ya.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 07:11 PM   #7
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Awesome awesome awesome. You will not regret the Museum delivery. My wife and I had a blast when we picked up our 07 in Dec. 06. I'd recommend flying to Nashville, rent car via Enterprise as they have arrangement with NCM and will pick up your car at the NCM: stay at one of the nice hotels. We stayed at the Holiday Inn and it was very nice and new at the time. There are closer hotels and the NCM director has a B&B as well. Definitely eat at the Montana Grill which is very close to the Holiday Inn mentioned above. I would also strongly recommend the early tour as you won't finish until early afternoon. Take a snack or something because the NCM did not have a concession area and it was a long day!! I would even suggest staying an extra night and just drive around BG and the local university there the afternoon you pick up the car. If you pick up the car on Friday and stay over that night, you can then go back to the factory on Saturday morn and take your pictures in front of the factory entrance withour any people around. I hope this helps.
ps: I see from your avatar that you already know the routine about the factory. Have fun. Mark
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 07:29 PM   #8
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Congrats

Congrats Guy.....Happy for you!!!!

Best Wishes

JIM
Unread 03-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #9
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

Thanks to all my friends here for the congratulations.

Yes, I'm pretty pumped, as you can well imagine. Only the second new car in my life, and the first I ever ordered. My last one was a 1979 Special Edition Trans Am (you know, Burt Reynolds style). The purchase of that car was motivated by the fact that it looked like it would be the last big-block, 14-second musclecar that Detroit would ever build. And it was.

Now today, what with the new CAFE standards, the days of the 427 Corvette are decidedly numbered. It likely has another year or two to run, but that will be that. I wanted one while I still had the chance.

To make this even more of a red-letter day, today I finished the programming on a project I've been working on for over two years - since before I got my first Corvette, in fact.

Thanks again!
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 09:21 PM   #10
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Wow, that's really exciting!! Can't wait to see the pics when you get the new vette!!