The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 12-08-2023, 01:28 PM   #1381
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
No such place in this country.
So, are you thinking about moving out of the USA?
Unread 12-09-2023, 03:28 PM   #1382
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
So, are you thinking about moving out of the USA?
Not sure. FL in another 30 years will be way too hot and dry on the west coast.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2023, 12:28 AM   #1383
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
Not sure. FL in another 30 years will be way too hot and dry on the west coast.
Hope you don't mind me asking, but how old are you?
Unread 12-10-2023, 09:51 PM   #1384
Rich Z

3.92 inches of rain this morning and through the day.
Unread 12-11-2023, 07:27 PM   #1385
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

We went up to Ohio yesterday and woke up to some light snow and 32 degrees this morning. Didn't get above 43 all day. We're in Kentucky tonight but the precipitation is gone for the rest of the week.
Unread 12-11-2023, 07:45 PM   #1386
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
3.92 inches of rain this morning and through the day.
I had .40". So you have had around 80" and me around 22". Every year you get double to triple what i do. Something is very wrong when all of the state gets 3 times the rain do but just on the west coast less than a mile from the gulf. Reason i moving the hell out this hell hole i live in. I could move 10 miles inland and get double the rain and better temps.
Unread 12-11-2023, 07:46 PM   #1387
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Hope you don't mind me asking, but how old are you?
Unread 12-11-2023, 10:39 PM   #1388
Rich Z

At one time I toyed with the notion of moving to Central America. I did a bunch of research, and the more I read, the less I liked the idea. I was particularly looking at Nicaragua. Maybe things are different now, but just grocery shopping is a whole different ball of wax compared to what we are used to in the USA. You want meat? You have to go to the butcher. Want bread? Go to the shop that makes bread. Want fruits and vegetables? Find the growers and buy from them direct.

Crime is a tough nut to crack. Many people in other countries just do not understand the concept of "private property". If it isn't nailed and chained down, then to them, it is free for the taking.

If I got it into my mind to move somewhere, anywhere else but where I am, I am not sure I could come up with anything. Seems like everywhere has it's own special sets of negatives attached to it.

Sometimes I think that the best thing for me to do, especially considering my own circumstances now, would be to buy a motor home, or drag behind trailer, fit whatever I can into it, and just sell everything else. Just become a vagabond or gypsy. But even that has it's problems. I can't see much attraction in having to park a motor home which for all intents and purposes is much like a trailer park with your neighbors jammed up right next to you. That is not attractive to me, AT ALL. So again, here I still am......

If the dryness gets to you, is it because of your plants and vegetation? Your grass? If that is the case, scrape the grass off down to the bare sand, and just put in desert plants like cactii. They won't care about the lack of rain and you won't have to worry about them.
Unread 12-12-2023, 07:07 AM   #1389
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
At one time I toyed with the notion of moving to Central America. I did a bunch of research, and the more I read, the less I liked the idea. I was particularly looking at Nicaragua. Maybe things are different now, but just grocery shopping is a whole different ball of wax compared to what we are used to in the USA. You want meat? You have to go to the butcher. Want bread? Go to the shop that makes bread. Want fruits and vegetables? Find the growers and buy from them direct.

Crime is a tough nut to crack. Many people in other countries just do not understand the concept of "private property". If it isn't nailed and chained down, then to them, it is free for the taking.

If I got it into my mind to move somewhere, anywhere else but where I am, I am not sure I could come up with anything. Seems like everywhere has it's own special sets of negatives attached to it.

Sometimes I think that the best thing for me to do, especially considering my own circumstances now, would be to buy a motor home, or drag behind trailer, fit whatever I can into it, and just sell everything else. Just become a vagabond or gypsy. But even that has it's problems. I can't see much attraction in having to park a motor home which for all intents and purposes is much like a trailer park with your neighbors jammed up right next to you. That is not attractive to me, AT ALL. So again, here I still am......

If the dryness gets to you, is it because of your plants and vegetation? Your grass? If that is the case, scrape the grass off down to the bare sand, and just put in desert plants like cactii. They won't care about the lack of rain and you won't have to worry about them.

Too much war down there and dirty leaders. Just hate the heat we have now vs in the 1970's and 80's. I have no yard left at all. 6" of sand. One day we will get normal again but the last few years have been unreal on the heat and dry.
Unread 12-16-2023, 08:56 AM   #1390
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I think we will all get some rain from the system moving in now.