The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

Unread 07-25-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road
Default Took a drive....

Last Sunday the wifey and I drove Goldie to the Lakeridge Winery (we were out of Port). Super ride through back roads. On the way home we hit a bit of rain, no big deal but the next day when I washed and waxed her I had water spots from the rain (no Rob it was not where I spilled wine and licked it off the hood).

Figured a detail wax or even a clay bar would remove them, it didn't. They're not obvious, but I can find um. Even the Meguiars Gold doesn't get um out. What do you guys suggest?

Maybe a party at my place and Rob and Joe can fix the problem for me?

Ken
Unread 07-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

Sounds like a great ride,Why did'nt we get a call to go with ya? That's ok maybe next time.For those water spots,I'm guessing you did use the clay bar,then the spots are in the clearcoat,they will have to be buffed out,time to buy a polisher Then clay it again and apply wax,then detailing wax then polish again and watch Goldie shine. Maybe we should come down and have polishing party
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142
Last Sunday the wifey and I drove Goldie to the Lakeridge Winery (we were out of Port). Super ride through back roads. On the way home we hit a bit of rain, no big deal but the next day when I washed and waxed her I had water spots from the rain (no Rob it was not where I spilled wine and licked it off the hood).

Figured a detail wax or even a clay bar would remove them, it didn't. They're not obvious, but I can find um. Even the Meguiars Gold doesn't get um out. What do you guys suggest?

Maybe a party at my place and Rob and Joe can fix the problem for me?

Ken

I wonder what they'll charge for that!

Last edited by C5Rick; 07-25-2007 at 06:32 PM.
C5Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I had a situation where Connie and I stayed overnight at a motel on one of our trips, and when we got up, the C6 had gotten watered by the motel sprinklers. Had some SERIOUS water spotting, because the water had evaporated before we got out there.

I used the orbital buffer with some polishing compound (Meguiar's, I believe) and the spots came right off. Clay bar didn't phase them, as I did try that first.

If you get caught in the rain and it stops before you get home, drive as fast as you can to blow off most of the water before it evaporates. Large water beads on a sitting car are MUCH worse than the ones you will get while driving.
Unread 07-25-2007, 09:33 PM   #5
Qman

Name :
Qman is on a distinguished road
Talking spots

Try water and vineger then wax.
Qman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2007, 12:11 AM   #6
Flash man
Cruzin

Name :
Flash man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qman
Try water and vineger then wax.

Try Grape Gloss Spray Wax. That will take them off and wax the surface at the same time.

Joe - Flash
Flash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2007, 11:34 AM   #7
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

I tired both water and vinegar and the first thing I tried was my favorite Grape Gloss. Neither removed the problem. They're very faint but next is following Robs suggestion about the ole buffer.

Ken
Unread 07-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #8
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, the Grape gloss was the first thing I tried as well. It took out some, but not all. The buffer with polisher compound was needed.....
Unread 07-28-2007, 08:25 AM   #9
Flash man
Cruzin

Name :
Flash man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142
I tired both water and vinegar and the first thing I tried was my favorite Grape Gloss. Neither removed the problem. They're very faint but next is following Robs suggestion about the ole buffer.

Ken

Hey Guys,

Grape Gloss will remove water spots, but if the sun hits them, they will bake them into the clearcoat. Or if the water spots are from high calcium well water, you will need to use a cleaner wax, like Flash or Rejuvenator. We also have a liquid water spot remover that you can just wipe on the car and it will remove the water spots without having to buff it out. It saves alot of time. I am having a water proof label made up for it. Its such a great product that I may have it put up on the website now.
Thanks for your support gentlemen.

Joe - Flash
Flash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 05:32 PM   #10
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Ken I got just the solution for ya- If you drive really really fast (over 110 mph) the water droplets won't hardly touch your car. It has to do with high speeds that will cause a vortex and a minor magnetic storm. The electron differential between the paint or clear coat and the water droplets creates a repelling force and you'll arrive home dry!!
I have had excellent luck with the Detail Spray from Adams and Flashman's new product may also work. If that doesn't work, then drive really really fast.... Mark
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote