The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > On The Road in Florida

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

On The Road in Florida Cruising | Scenic Routes | Speed Traps | Cool Places To Visit | Interesting Experiences in Florida

Unread 01-31-2008, 12:01 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Question Mt. Dora - February 2?

Hey, February 2nd is Connie's birthday and when I asked her what she wanted to do, she said she would like to go looking for antiques in Mt. Dora that day. So that's our game plan. Anyone interested in meeting up there for a bit? We may wind up spending the night locally and driving back home on Sunday, but no firm plans about anything.
Unread 01-31-2008, 08:29 AM   #2
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

..Normally we'd jump at the chance to hook up with ya's Rich, but we're getting ready for our trip to Louisiana on Monday.
Unread 01-31-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad View Post
..Normally we'd jump at the chance to hook up with ya's Rich, but we're getting ready for our trip to Louisiana on Monday.
When will you be passing through Tallahassee on your way back? Maybe we could meet up if it's not sometime when we have workers here.....

Have a good trip!
Unread 01-31-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

You know, I've never been there and have wanted to go, but unfortunately, this weekend is not an option.....let us know what you thought of it. And, an early
to Connie!!
Unread 02-01-2008, 09:24 AM   #5
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
When will you be passing through Tallahassee on your way back? Maybe we could meet up if it's not sometime when we have workers here.....

Have a good trip!
Due to the limited time frame, we're Flying.
Unread 02-01-2008, 09:25 AM   #6
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Vettes View Post
You know, I've never been there and have wanted to go, but unfortunately, this weekend is not an option.....let us know what you thought of it. And, an early
to Connie!!
..HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Connie.
Unread 02-02-2008, 07:39 AM   #7
TxMomma
Texas Momma

Name :
TxMomma is on a distinguished road

CONNIE

NCM #2022
TxMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2008, 11:14 PM   #8
Rich Z

Well, that didn't go as planned......

The drive down to Mt. Dora was pretty uneventful, but as we got into the neighborhood, traffic picked up quite a bit. Detour signs were out and there was signs saying "Shuttle to festival"....... Hmm........ Come to find out that they were holding some sort of art festival in downtown Mt. Dora TODAY! Yikes! Parking was pretty much nonexistant, and from what I could see the entreprenurial spirit was alive and well in Mt. Dora. Home owners were charging people to park in their yard.

Heck with this. Not really interested in a day being elbow to elbow with a few thousand people. So we grabbed a road out of town and took rt. 441 to Renningers to go through the antique shops there. MUCH less crowded.

We then headed to Inverness and ate at the Outback there and then cruised on home. Nothing at all like we had planned, but it turned out to be a nice day anyway. At least I got Connie out for a while so she wouldn't just work all day on her birthday.

Probably just as well that we couldn't connect with anyone to meet up in Mt. Dora, because I don't think we could have met up anyway. This was NOT the weekend to be there. Unless you are into art festivals, of course.

Oh well. Better luck next time. We REALLY should check around to make sure there isn't anything special going on like that at our destination town. For the most part, all it does is to increase the traffic 10 fold there, and make parking a real pain in the butt.

Oh yeah! I did get to try out my new Valentine 1 radar detector. More on that in the other relevant thread....
Unread 02-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #9
CREWZIN

Name :
CREWZIN is on a distinguished road

Well Rich, you know my story from the other thread about Mt. Dora. My B'Day is tomorrow with nothing to spectacular planned. Outback in Inverness for dinner and then a ride over to Crystal River where there's a brand new (1st time) Cruise-In at a place called POPZ Deli & Bakery (across from the CR airport). From 4 to 8 with 10% discount for all cruisers. Fresh homemade baked pasteries so we'll pick up some B'Day dessert there.

87 Dark Red Metallic Coupe. L98 Auto, 143,000 smilin miles.
Black 17" Z06 Motorsport Wheels, Muffler Eliminators, "Y" pipe w/o pre-cats, K&N with open lid, TB Flow Booster, Big Mouth Performance Air Dam, Vette Connection Stage II Chip. Citrus County Corvette Club
CREWZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #10
Rich Z

Darn! Sounds like you guys have similar tastes like us guys! We have to meet up sometime for an excursion.

We used to go to Crystal River quite frequently to meet up with friends there years ago, but both are gone now. Matter of fact, the guy who got me interested in Corvettes was one of them. His wife died of cancer and he wound up buying a Corvette when a salesman caught him with his resistance low. He sent me pics and that got me to thinking..... He used to own the A1 Pawn shop right in Crystal River. Did a lot of FFL gun transfers for me. He later moved to Brazil, caught some bug, and died there.

We're planning on coming down to the Crystal River show if we can get around to filling out the paper work. Probably will just cruise down in the morning and then cruise on back home after the show. Probably stop for dinner somewhere along the way. We've eaten at Charlie's once and the food was pretty decent, so that might be on the agenda.

Oh yeah! Happy Birthday!