The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 07-02-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough
Default Homeowners Ins.

Has anyone used this link to see how bad you are getting soaked on your homeowners insurance? http://www.flgov.com/shop4insurance. It's very handy and shows quite a difference between the various companies.

Last edited by 85vette; 07-02-2007 at 04:19 PM.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #2
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

That's wierd it showed mine to be more costly on the chart but it is actaully cheaper,good for me.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I'm fortunate to have Allstate (in my county), glad I don't have State Farm. It looks like they are consistantly at the high end in many counties.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 09:02 AM   #4
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

Very informative link, thanx for sharing! Unfortunately, many of the insurers w/ the best rates you never even heard of...better to pay a little more and be sure the company will be around if you have to file a claim. Anyhow, Floridians are getting raped and our legislature has failed to address it. I've lived in FL over 40 yrs and as long as I can remember the State Legislature has been a rubber stamp for anything the ins. companies want to do
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeepster
Very informative link, thanx for sharing! Unfortunately, many of the insurers w/ the best rates you never even heard of...better to pay a little more and be sure the company will be around if you have to file a claim. Anyhow, Floridians are getting raped and our legislature has failed to address it. I've lived in FL over 40 yrs and as long as I can remember the State Legislature has been a rubber stamp for anything the ins. companies want to do
Well the answer to this is rather simple. With the legislature, MONEY talks. And if there is one thing that insurance companies have PLENTY of, it's money. I wish the legislature would create laws making MY product a required purchase for nearly all citizens.
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:21 PM   #6
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well the answer to this is rather simple. With the legislature, MONEY talks. And if there is one thing that insurance companies have PLENTY of, it's money. I wish the legislature would create laws making MY product a required purchase for nearly all citizens.
Hmmm...if we can get the reptiles legislated, I would be willing to release them in the chambers while the legislature is in session and then maybe we could see some activity in Tallahassee
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #7
Rich Z

Yeah, that might work.

I used to work for the legislature a while back. I found it interesting during session that every time they called the body to order, the first order of business was to vote on "waiving the rules" (whatever that meant). Which always passed.... So I'm guessing they just voted on ignoring any rules that were made to control their actions while in session....
Unread 07-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #8
00 NBFRC

Name :
00 NBFRC has disabled reputation

My policy went up about $175 since last year. When I first bought this house in 1988 the annual premium was $212. Now its about $1250.
00 NBFRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

85 Vette, I don't need a link to know how much I am getting screwed, soaked. My last year in Mass my homeowners insurance on a $475,000 home was $635.00, and that included riders for my wifes jewelery and our Rolex's. My first year here in 2004 my premium was $1295.00. Last year it went up to $1683.00 and a month ago Travelers notified me that I was being dropped because of a risk factor, must be all those claims I have submitted in my 25 years of home ownership, that would be zero. So in searching for a new carrier last month I got prices for the same coverage and deductables ranging from $1645.00 to $3299.00. I finally went with State Farm, but it really doesn't matter, their all smiley and friendly until you need to make a claim, then the battle begins.

NBFRC how come so inexpensive for your policy ???????

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #10
Rich Z

So true. Everyone with home owner's insurance needs to be putting money into an attorney's fund as well. That will be needed to go after the insurance company when they short change you (or deny you) on your claim.