The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 01-19-2007, 06:24 AM   #1
Gregg Tool

Name :
Gregg Tool is on a distinguished road
Default HELP.....Warranty Charges

I have a 2006 corvette that I bought new. I just took it in for service. The car has 25,100 miles on it. The visor was broken, it has been since day one, and Ed Morse charged me $148.05 to fix the visor. The rear end had a grinding noise for which they charged me 304.13 to Change 2 gaskets and add a fluid additive. I have an extended warranty but it seems that it should have been covered with the basic 3 year 36,000 coverage. Does anybody think that these charges are normal?
Gregg Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2007, 07:35 AM   #2
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Hey Greg..

If the visor was broken from day 1 it should have been listed n the contract to be fixed, provided it was broken before you took possession. Also, i've seen (on the CF) where a lot of people had the grinding noise in the rear end, and they took it in to have it fixed at NO charge, as it's a common problem!

Are you a member over there, on the CF? If so, do a search on the issue for a reference and go from there!
I know the warranty doesn't cover normal wear and tear, but Bumper to Bumper is just that! Especially for the rear end issue!
Unread 01-19-2007, 07:51 AM   #3
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...r+end+grinding
Unread 01-19-2007, 07:54 AM   #4
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...rear+end+noise
Unread 01-19-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking This says it all!!

Last edited by JIM KILL; 05-02-2008 at 12:52 PM.
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Tool
I have a 2006 corvette that I bought new. I just took it in for service. The car has 25,100 miles on it. The visor was broken, it has been since day one, and Ed Morse charged me $148.05 to fix the visor. The rear end had a grinding noise for which they charged me 304.13 to Change 2 gaskets and add a fluid additive. I have an extended warranty but it seems that it should have been covered with the basic 3 year 36,000 coverage. Does anybody think that these charges are normal?
The 3 year 36K mile warranty is supposed to be bumper to bumper. If you feel you were unfairly charged for these repairs contact the service manager at Ed Morse. If you still are not satisfied with the results of that conversation ask for the contact info of the regional GM representative.

I visor that is broken because of defective materials is not normal wear and tear. A grinding noise from the rear end after only 25K miles is NOT normal wear and tear. If you paid the charge via a credit card, you can dispute the payment.

Make a scene, if necessary.......
Unread 01-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #7
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
The 3 year 36K mile warranty is supposed to be bumper to bumper. If you feel you were unfairly charged for these repairs contact the service manager at Ed Morse. If you still are not satisfied with the results of that conversation ask for the contact info of the regional GM representative.

I visor that is broken because of defective materials is not normal wear and tear. A grinding noise from the rear end after only 25K miles is NOT normal wear and tear. If you paid the charge via a credit card, you can dispute the payment.

Make a scene, if necessary.......

Do me a favor!!!!...Call Tommy Farruggio at Ferman Chevrolet Tampa. He is our Corvette contact for TampaBay Vettes and also does sales and service.
Tommy knows everything about Corvettes!!!!

(813) 621-8053 or (813) 431-9256 Cell
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2007, 09:53 PM   #8
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

Gregg...
From a person who has had more warranty claims then she could have ever dreamed of, I have learned a lot.

I had one claim where I had to pay and then dispute with GM. Call 1-800-222-1020(I know this number without looking it up) Call them and tell then your situation. Make a complaint about the dealer as well.

No question about it the real seals ARE covered under warranty, factory and under the extended.

I also think visor should be covered under the factory warranty.
Interior parts are rarely covered under extended.

Advice for next time, speak with service advisor about warranty make sure things are covered. There were instances where I had to call the 1-800 # before going to the dealer. They would let the dealer know the issue was covered under warranty.

And yes Tommy can help you and Ferman is a great dealer for warranty claims.
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote