The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 06-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation
Default C6R on LeMans Pole/ Results

Team Corvette captures class pole for the 24 hours.
Take ride with Johnny O during an evening qualifying run on the famous french circuit

http://www.badboyvettes.com/

Last edited by C5Rick; 06-15-2008 at 03:19 PM.
C5Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 01:13 AM   #2
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Good!

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Watched it on and off this weekend but did not see how the Corvetter Racing placed...
Unread 06-15-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Team Corvette finished 2 & 3
In all the C6R's finished 2,3,5,6
A big congrats to all the Vette Teams
http://www.badboyvettes.com/

Not many views or replies, guewss there's not many race fans here

Last edited by C5Rick; 06-16-2008 at 02:09 PM.
C5Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

It really sucks that the Aston beat the Vette. We race all year and they race once and win. A damn brake caliper is the difference. All in all a fun race to watch though. Audi vs. Peugeot was fun to watch. Deciding to run slicks to intermediate wets to full wets on an 8 mile track during bits of rain was a big challenge.

Better luck next year.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #6
Guro305
Heathen

Name :

Yeah man. It sucks that the C6R has had some loses at the hand of the Ford Martin. I guess Ford did something considering the C5R never had any problems with it's wanna British competitor.

Unread 06-18-2008, 07:44 AM   #7
MADN3SS

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guro305 View Post
Yeah man. It sucks that the C6R has had some loses at the hand of the Ford Martin. I guess Ford did something considering the C5R never had any problems with it's wanna British competitor.
I guess the Vette domination caused the Aston's to step it up a few notches. As of March 2007 though, Aston Martin is no longer Ford (they retained a small stake though). Here's the story.

FORD ANNOUNCES AGREEMENT TO SELL ASTON MARTIN

DEARBORN, Mich., March, 12, 2007 – Ford Motor Company [NYSE: F] announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to sell Aston Martin, its prestigious sports car business, to a consortium comprised of David Richards, John Sinders, Investment Dar and Adeem Investment Co. This transaction is the result of Ford's decision, as announced in August 2006, to explore strategic options for the Aston Martin business as the company restructures its core automotive operations and builds liquidity.

The sale is expected to close during the second quarter and is subject to customary closing conditions, including applicable regulatory approvals. The transaction values Aston Martin at £479 million ($925 million). As part of the transaction, Ford will retain a £40 million ($77 million) investment in Aston Martin. Other terms and conditions specific to the sale are not being disclosed at this time.

"The sale of Aston Martin supports the key objectives of the company, to restructure to operate profitably at lower volumes and changed model mix and to speed the development of new products," said Alan Mulally, Ford's President and chief executive officer. "From Aston Martin's point of view, the sale will provide access to additional capital, which will allow Aston Martin to continue the growth it has experienced under Ford's stewardship. Today's announcement is good for Ford Motor Company, good for Aston Martin and good for the UK. We wish Aston Martin every possible success for the future."

The new owner of Aston Martin is a consortium comprised of: David Richards, founder and chairman of Prodrive, a world-leading motorsport and automotive technology company; John Sinders, an avid Aston Martin collector and a backer of Aston Martin Racing; and Investment Dar and Adeem Investment Co, international investment companies headquartered in Kuwait.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
Unread 06-18-2008, 11:32 PM   #8
Guro305
Heathen

Name :

Thanks for the article bud. I feel a lot better now.

Aston Martins suck anyway. They are so overpriced and really don't offer anything. What are you buying? A tenth of a second at best for double the price? GARBAGE!!!!! I guess it's that "oh-so sophisticated" European suspension. Queers.

Unread 06-20-2008, 02:48 AM   #9
MADN3SS

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guro305 View Post
Thanks for the article bud. I feel a lot better now.

Aston Martins suck anyway. They are so overpriced and really don't offer anything. What are you buying? A tenth of a second at best for double the price? GARBAGE!!!!! I guess it's that "oh-so sophisticated" European suspension. Queers.
I agree. If I had $150,000 to spend on a car I'd get a Z06 add a few upgrades and go on a really long vacation, or buy a ZR1 and go on a really long vacation! I think my wife would love that.

Scott

Unread 06-20-2008, 03:25 AM   #10
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS View Post
I agree. If I had $150,000 to spend on a car I'd get a Z06 add a few upgrades and go on a really long vacation, or buy a ZR1 and go on a really long vacation! I think my wife would love that.

Scott
I don't think $150K would leave you much left over for a vacation for the first wave of ZR1s. I've seen stories of dealers marking up the ZR1s to as much as $200K.

Someone would have to be a REAL dyed in the wool Corvette fanatic to spend that much for a vette. I certainly love my vettes, but if I had $200K to spend, I can think of several other cars in that price range (more or less) that I would rather have. Heck, I decided to NOT liquidate much of my gun collection to buy a ZR1 even when I thought it would be ONLY $100K... Just give me a Z06 with the LS9 in it, please and thank you.... I really don't need the other stuff the ZR1 comes with.