The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 03-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #11
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
never saying anything negative but ...... Carrie and I in "Goldie" arrived in downtown Plant City at right at 1600 for the show. First, let me step back and say if you had arrived at the show location at maybe noon, set up a tent and waited for the chaos to begin, you'd probably been just fine, however , the designated parking area for Vettes was full and simply barricaded off with no alternative parking area. As a matter of fact every farkin parking area was loaded in the most chaotic manner I have ever seen.

The Vette area had Camero's, other Chebbys and an assortment of muscle cars.

Silly me I watched for someone in charge (or at least pretending to be) but alas none was ever found (did I say ever found, I mean ever, ever found).

As we drove home from Plant City, never having stopped, thoughts crossed my mind, mostly analogies actually, like it reminded me of the 74 car pile up on I-4, or a soccer game gone crazy in South America or a train wreck, or the sinking of the Titanic or an avalanche, (or just use your imagination).

Plant City LEO's did their best to direct traffic but cars were parked in places you would just not believe. It was the most classic "Charlie Foxtrot" I have seen in years.

To my brothers with Vettes and others who attend on a regular basis, I'm glad you have this mess figured out.

To the organizers, if any ever existed, gang you need to do some serious work. That was a mess of biblical proportions.

I wish to offend no one but damn that was a mess and I'm sure you wont miss "Goldies" absence next month.

Ken
Now Ken, ...don't be so damn sublte. Tell us exactly how you feel about this!

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2009, 08:46 PM   #12
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427 View Post
Now Ken, ...don't be so damn sublte. Tell us exactly how you feel about this!

Rich
Exactly what I wnated to say but you beat me to it.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #13
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Holy Crap, I guess I'm glad Deb kept me home working all afternoon. You would think they'd have this parking thing down by now. I guess this will not be on our agenda anytime soon?
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #14
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

..... our friends arrived before noon, claiming they wanted to get-back to Sarasota before 6:00 PM, so we made no-effort to make this event with them:
after a late-lunch, they hung-around in Lakeland until 6:30 PM before heading South, so we could've made a token appearence, earlier in the day.....

Ken, you & Goldie are just resistent to 'change'.....

USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #15
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

When I had my 2000 Z28, I used to attend this event with our F-body group. We "comandeered" the parking area at the bank, just south of the RR tracks on the west side of the road. It's just outside the main venue but had a lot of foot traffic, and we counld hang out together, yak, and party with little interruption. We actually picked up several members from that location.

The event itself was good for one, maybe 2 visits, then it was all the same. Same cars, Same people, Same food (ah yes....the food...carnival food).

Ken, it was a Charlie Foxtrot even back then.

Being denied entry and treated like second class citizens simply because we didn't have "old cars" was enough for me.

We just quit going.

The organizers really don't "want" newer model vehicles in "thier playground" and that's been made evident

As far as PCPD, they've always done a bang up job of maintaining some semblence of order and safetyIF nothing else, they were always able to make a safe spot for people to get across.

It's a shame it turned out the way it did for you Ken, but I understand exactly where you're coming from.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #16
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
never saying anything negative but ...... Carrie and I in "Goldie" arrived in downtown Plant City at right at 1600 for the show. First, let me step back and say if you had arrived at the show location at maybe noon, set up a tent and waited for the chaos to begin, you'd probably been just fine, however , the designated parking area for Vettes was full and simply barricaded off with no alternative parking area. As a matter of fact every farkin parking area was loaded in the most chaotic manner I have ever seen.

The Vette area had Camero's, other Chebbys and an assortment of muscle cars.

Silly me I watched for someone in charge (or at least pretending to be) but alas none was ever found (did I say ever found, I mean ever, ever found).

As we drove home from Plant City, never having stopped, thoughts crossed my mind, mostly analogies actually, like it reminded me of the 74 car pile up on I-4, or a soccer game gone crazy in South America or a train wreck, or the sinking of the Titanic or an avalanche, (or just use your imagination).

Plant City LEO's did their best to direct traffic but cars were parked in places you would just not believe. It was the most classic "Charlie Foxtrot" I have seen in years.

To my brothers with Vettes and others who attend on a regular basis, I'm glad you have this mess figured out.

To the organizers, if any ever existed, gang you need to do some serious work. That was a mess of biblical proportions.

I wish to offend no one but damn that was a mess and I'm sure you wont miss "Goldies" absence next month.

Ken
That sucks Ken
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #17
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

..... this is just a thought, and nothing-more..... take it for what it's worth.....

..... if enough Corvette-Florida members feel that the train station in Plant City (a few miles South of I-4) is a central-enough location for an informal get-together, can't we decide to meet-up there on a Saturday evening when they don't already have a show planned, keeping in-mind they have a Bike show the 1st Saturday, and a Classic Car Show the 3rd Saturday, of every month:
I'd think the stores, restaurants & taverns in-town, within walking distance of the station, wouldn't mind having extra patrons (especially in a weak economy), and we wouldn't cause traffic concerns for the PCPD if we have less-than 20 Corvettes arrive on the last Saturday of the month, perhaps a few times a year.

..... just a thought.....
USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #18
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
..... this is just a thought, and nothing-more..... take it for what it's worth.....

..... if enough Corvette-Florida members feel that the train station in Plant City (a few miles South of I-4) is a central-enough location for an informal get-together, can't we decide to meet-up there on a Saturday evening when they don't already have a show planned, keeping in-mind they have a Bike show the 1st Saturday, and a Classic Car Show the 3rd Saturday, of every month:
I'd think the stores, restaurants & taverns in-town, within walking distance of the station, wouldn't mind having extra patrons (especially in a weak economy), and we wouldn't cause traffic concerns for the PCPD if we have less-than 20 Corvettes arrive on the last Saturday of the month, perhaps a few times a year.

..... just a thought.....
Kinda like it

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #19
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough
Default Plant City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Kinda like it
Sounds like a plan...maybe someone could put it together.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #20
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail View Post
Sounds like a plan...maybe someone could put it together.
Glen?