The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 06-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
CK 6

Name :
CK 6 has disabled reputation
Default Ralleys in Florida

Are there any ralleys in Florida at all? I've search some clubs' events and haven't run across any.
CK 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Are you looking for auto cross events, Road racing or poker runs?
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
sullysdetailing

Name :
sullysdetailing has disabled reputation

There was a Rally like the Gumball 3000 not to long ago if that what your talking about
sullysdetailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
CK 6

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Are you looking for auto cross events, Road racing or poker runs?
I am not looking for auto cross. There is a lot of that around. I don't know if road racing is the term I would use for what I am thinking about. What I am looking for is an event that requires a navigator, looking for clues, following directions, a timed event that is many miles long, etc. A poker run is close, however that is generally won by "luck of the draw". I am looking for something that involves more than luck.
Unread 06-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
CK 6

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullysdetailing View Post
There was a Rally like the Gumball 3000 not to long ago if that what your talking about
Probably. It would depend on what was involved.
Unread 06-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #6
sullysdetailing

Name :
sullysdetailing has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom II View Post
Probably. It would depend on what was involved.
Alot of Fast and expensive car driving really fast to a location and partying
sullysdetailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 01:11 AM   #7
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

I have an idea....I will get back to ya...

Joe B.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 02:17 AM   #8
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom II View Post
I am not looking for auto cross. There is a lot of that around. I don't know if road racing is the term I would use for what I am thinking about. What I am looking for is an event that requires a navigator, looking for clues, following directions, a timed event that is many miles long, etc. A poker run is close, however that is generally won by "luck of the draw". I am looking for something that involves more than luck.
I have been on a few of these.

They used to be called "Sun n Fun Runs". The couple who used to put them on, no longer does. Wow they use to put a lot of time into them. We went to some awesome places (some strange too ) and drove so great and fun roads (a wooden 1 lane bridge ). It was alot of fun searching for the clues to get the answers to the questions , and to find the next place to go

I have not found any of these for a long time

...02 Coupe...03 GSXR 600
garage mates...99 SC Coupe.....07 Z06
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #9
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Phantom,

I know exactly what you are talking about. Typically, these are events that require driver and a navigator. Just before you start, you get a set of directional clues, but you don't know exactly where you are going. Along the way, typically there will be questions that you have to answer based on what you see along the route you are driving. Normally you finish at some sort of gathering point, restaurant, watering hole, etc., where you turn in your answer sheets, which are scored for finishing positions. Sometimes you may also have to answer some tie breaking questions at the finish.

I used to run these in the Maryland area when I lived there. Most of the Corvette ralleys were NCCC sanctioned events. Since moving to Florida full time last year, I have not seen an advertisement for a Corvette ralley. So, I went to the NCCC Florida Region website to see if there was a posting of any ralleys in the area. Unfortunately, I did not see a rally listed in the NCCC events section. I guess they are not popular down here. Kind of surprises me with as many beautiful areas that you can lay a ralley route, because I would think that you could get a lot of participation. They do take a lot of time to setup, and some couples don't like to run them because sometime the pressure can cause a little tension amongst the driver and navigator. I know some couples in Maryland that will only run rallys with people other than their spouses to avoid the divorce attorney.

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #10
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427 View Post
Phantom,

I know exactly what you are talking about. Typically, these are events that require driver and a navigator. Just before you start, you get a set of directional clues, but you don't know exactly where you are going. Along the way, typically there will be questions that you have to answer based on what you see along the route you are driving. Normally you finish at some sort of gathering point, restaurant, watering hole, etc., where you turn in your answer sheets, which are scored for finishing positions. Sometimes you may also have to answer some tie breaking questions at the finish.
The ones I did we would stay the night where ever we ended up

They are very fun... Funny thing it takes you 6 hours to get someplace that is only 2 hours aways. You stop and see things along the way ect.

I was even able to take a few laps at Sebring in my Vette the next day as a part of one of these . That was an awesome experience.

...02 Coupe...03 GSXR 600
garage mates...99 SC Coupe.....07 Z06
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote