The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > On The Road in Florida

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

On The Road in Florida Cruising | Scenic Routes | Speed Traps | Cool Places To Visit | Interesting Experiences in Florida

Unread 09-26-2008, 02:51 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Gasoline prices

Saw something interesting when I went out to run an errand today (Thursday, 9/25/08). I drove by a BP station and noticed that regular octane gasoline was posted as being $3.87 per gallon, which seemed about right to me. But then I noticed that their hi-test brand was advertised for $4.92 per gallon..... What the hell is up with that?
Unread 09-26-2008, 04:19 AM   #2
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

which means 4.95 or 5 bucks if you use a credit card!! why i stopped using bp cause of that crappy increase over use of plastic.

i had to stop at a shell station(i attempted a tampa to bradenton run on 1/8 tank of gas lol, prolly would have made it but the race with a cobra didnt help)..there hi test gas was 3.88 i think. wasnt bad, i never look at the price anymore, i keep telling myself its over 4 dollars a gallon and itll be 60-70 to fill, then when i see 50 bucks im happy.
Unread 09-26-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
72ragtop

Name :
72ragtop is on a distinguished road

to give ya an example of diff prices in diff areas of usa. I'm up in south boston area and filled my moms car today. $3.47 reg. $3.87 for Premium. I'd be happy with that back in Bradenton
72ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Here in West Palm on Military Trail all gas stations are at war......good for us. My neighbors dad's friend started it all.

He owns a Chevron and purposely puts his gas price roughly 5 cents cheaper then everyone else and it's forcing the other stations to come close. Cheap stuff $3.64 so premium is about $3.87.

However, I was in Chicago last month and the cheap stuff was still $4.25!!!!! That is the cheapest I found. I saw the expensive stuff up to $4.85.....ridiculous!

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I had to run an errand up in Tallahassee yesterday, and passed by a Chevron on the way. 93 octane was $3.99 there. I was at about a half tank, so I filled up the C5Z. I think things are getting back to normal around here. Haven't seen any lines anywhere lately, and prices seem to be dropping.