The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 10-14-2006, 06:10 PM   #1
JimZ06

Name :
JimZ06 has disabled reputation
Default Test Drove a C6 Vert Today

Well, I was doing some studying for my Masters degree and got a little bored. I searched the internet for local dealers that had Corvettes on their lots. George Moore in Jax said he did on his website so off I went. They had sold the C6 Z already but still had a 07 C6 vert there. It had one option, the Z51 suspension package, well it might have had OnStar too but the sticker was $55695.
Anyway, I had read a debate or two on another website about people thinking about going from a C5Z to a C6 with the Z51 suspension and most of the folks over there said, "if you have a C5Z, you will not be satisfied with a C6 unless it is a Z."
So I test drove the vert. I was impressed with it for the most part. The power is there and even with the Z51 suspension it seems to ride like a very well refined car. However, after having a 2001 C5Z with a 2002 motor that has a Lingenfelter H/C package, a B&B Bullet exhaust header, hi-flow cats and a RPS Stage III clutch, I think the nay sayers are right. I don't think I would be happy in C6 unless it was a C6Z.
Of course if I had a infinite amount of cash I could get the C6 Vert and haul it out to Dallas Texas and have 21st Century Muscle Cars install a H/C package on it and then I might be satisfied.

Any other C5Z to C6 experiences here?
JimZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

Comparing a stock C5 to a stock C6 , you can feel the 50 hp. I rode in a Lingenfelter C6 vert and it was wicked fast.. The interior in the C6 seems much smaller than the C5. The C6 Z is the way to go if you have the cash