The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 06-12-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough
Default Dale Jr. going to Hendrick...

Dale Jr. is going to Hendrick Motorsports! He will make it official at 11:00 A.M. tommorrow. Kyle Busch is out. Check it out at NASCAR.com
85vette is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
jcb_njb

Name : Jim Brackett
jcb_njb is on a distinguished road

It is official. He will drive the #25. Measr will drive the #5. Busch leaving for greener pastures.
jcb_njb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Jr. is my second favorite driver ,but I don't care for Hendrick that much.It'll all work out i'm sure.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #4
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

A link to a story.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...PHCP&GT1=10136
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

Good for Dale to get away from the evil stepmother
Unread 06-18-2007, 12:04 PM   #6
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by naples
Good for Dale to get away from the evil stepmother

Bad for his fans though. I know he wants a Championship under his belt, but he needs to look at the bigger picture. He essentially sold his soul to try to get a cup. He has pissed off alot of JR fans, and rightfully so! His polar opposite (as was Daddy's) is the California based-themed Gordon and J. Johnson. The fact that Dale went to their team will piss off alot of true old school southern NASCAR fans. I think it would be appropriate for his fan base to drop significantly (and I am a fan of his too).

The natural move would be to have gone to RCR. Dad drove there, and they are contenders for the cup each year. If JR didn't want to "stay in dads shadow' then there was Gibbs, Evernham, or even a new team. All I can say is THANK HEAVEN HE'S NOT AT ROUSH!!!!
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2007, 09:48 PM   #7
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

[quote=Z06 Rocket]Bad for his fans though. I know he wants a Championship under his belt, but he needs to look at the bigger picture. He essentially sold his soul to try to get a cup. He has pissed off alot of JR fans, and rightfully so! His polar opposite (as was Daddy's) is the California based-themed Gordon and J. Johnson. The fact that Dale went to their team will piss off alot of true old school southern NASCAR fans. I think it would be appropriate for his fan base to drop significantly (and I am a fan of his too).

The natural move would be to have gone to RCR. Dad drove there, and they are contenders for the cup each year. If JR didn't want to "stay in dads shadow' then there was Gibbs, Evernham, or even a new team. All I can say is THANK HEAVEN HE'S NOT AT ROUSH!!!![/QUOTE

EVERYBODY is missing the big picture! Dale Jr. is a very good racecar driver that had a famous Daddy. No one could live up to Dale Sr.'s persona then and no one can do it today either. But somehow, when Sr. died, Jr. inherited the majority of his fans (where else were they gonna go?). And apparently they expect him to carry on the legacy. Dale Jr. is his own man. He proved that when he announced his split from DEI. I personally believe DEI was meant to be his at some point but obviously his step-mother didn't see it that way. Jr. wants to win a championship. Don't blame him for doing what he feels he needs to do to make this happen. Also, you have to realize, contrary to many Earnhardt fans train of thought, Dale Jr. and Jeff Gordon are not mortal enemies! Sure, they are fierce competitors on the race track, but they have lives off the track too. Jr. even made the statement that his Dad and Jeff Gordon had several mutual ventures together that most people were not aware of. I respect Jr. for being man enough to make such a major decision, even though some of his fans may abandon him for it. Give him a chance, let's see what he can do now! I think if his true fans will put themselves in his shoes, they may come to the realization that Jr. is just doing what's best for Jr.
85vette is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #8
vett boy

Name :

I'd have to agree in general with you 85.
Next year will tell if Jr is a very good driver or a great driver.
Unread 06-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #9
Rebekah7155

Name :
Rebekah7155 will become famous soon enough

I'm glad he did not go to RCR and I am laughing really hard at anyone with an 8 tattoo right about now
Rebekah7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2007, 06:15 PM   #10
vett boy

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebekah7155
I'm glad he did not go to RCR and I am laughing really hard at anyone with an 8 tattoo right about now
And I know such a person (not me)