The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Legal Issues

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Legal Issues Traffic tickets | Laws | Pending Legislation

Unread 10-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #11
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I have had dealings with a small group of individuals here who share like thoughts. They are survivalist who believe in independent government for all people. Basically, they don't want to follow the rules of our constitution, and don't like to be told what to do. They have challenged the court system in a similar fashion to what you are refering, only to have the true meaning of "contempt of court" explained to them in a way they could easily understand. I don't believe they will make the same error again. Lesson learned: Leave legal decisions to real lawyers, unless you have an abundance of money and time.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #12
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
I have to go to traffic court on Halloween. I believe I will read up on this one. Thanks for the info. Also remember when you send in your fine by check always send one dollar more on your check. They have to send you a check back for one dollar and if you don't ever cash it it will never go on your record. It's nice to know people in Tallahassee
SM
FALSE

SNOPES answer:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2007, 03:05 AM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Hey kiddies! Don't try this at home

SNOPES is your friend
http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp

Dammit ZO6! You beat me to it!

(came home, saw that looooong assed post, had to go teach and when I got back at 11pm, went to bed. Just got up and posted before I looked at you're response Good job bro)
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2007, 03:19 AM   #14
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
I have had dealings with a small group of individuals here who share like thoughts. They are survivalist who believe in independent government for all people. Basically, they don't want to follow the rules of our constitution, and don't like to be told what to do. They have challenged the court system in a similar fashion to what you are refering, only to have the true meaning of "contempt of court" explained to them in a way they could easily understand. I don't believe they will make the same error again. Lesson learned: Leave legal decisions to real lawyers, unless you have an abundance of money and time.
That's pretty much it

I wouldn't try the legal wrangling for a number of reasons. 1st, the citation you're signing (in Florida) is NOT an admission of guilt, but merely an acknowledgement that you've received the citation and will exercise one of the 3 methods available to you to take care of it. Pay it, fight it or do driving school.

I've had people want to scribble all kinds of chit all over the bottom of tickets before

I didn't allow it and told them they could write until thier hearts content...on thier copy!

It's really pretty much a given that most people signing are doing so either under protest or duress. Very few people (I've had a few though) say thank you, or I was guilty of (WTF ever?) or you did your job.

But again, you're not admitting guilt, so there's no problem with it.

As far as the contractural nature of the constitutional ammendment, I'm NOT a lawyer, don't even play one on TV. My "best guess" was the framers of the constitution, not even realizing that we'd someday be burdened by traffic laws, intended for the protection of a citizens rights againts unlawful seizure, taxation and such which were prevelent in the days of the writings.

I don't believe they intended the ammendment to be used as a "tool" in court to defeat criminal or traffic laws or procedures; however, in it's strictist interpretation, I guess it "could?" Not being a constitutional scholar though, this discussion is way beyond my paygrade

I wouldn't try it and the cost to defend against the potential repurcussions would be astronomical as compared to the ticket cost

Bottom line for/from me?

I wouldn't try this one at hoem either...without a trained professional at my side
Unread 10-05-2007, 03:20 AM   #15
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
Very True

The people who don't pay income taxes are crying about how unfair it is from inside a federal prison..............
Now now.... Thats not totally true. Wesley Snipes is still free on bond
Unread 10-05-2007, 08:17 AM   #16
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Now now.... Thats not totally true. Wesley Snipes is still free on bond
Yea and so is that boy band founder from Orlando....
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #17
sandman

Name :
sandman is on a distinguished road
Default OJ

Thank You for your words of wisdom. I mean that. I am not being facetious. I sometimes think outside the box. And in my mental state right now I should be shot. I need to do away with some drama in my life. Sorry maybe I should put this in Rays ranting room. I do appreciate the comments of a normal minded person right now. I'm sorry I need to go. You guys are awesome. Thank You.
SM
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #18
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Thank You for your words of wisdom. I mean that. I am not being facetious. I sometimes think outside the box. And in my mental state right now I should be shot. I need to do away with some drama in my life. Sorry maybe I should put this in Rays ranting room. I do appreciate the comments of a normal minded person right now. I'm sorry I need to go. You guys are awesome. Thank You.
SM
I
Quote:
sometimes think outside the box. And in my mental state right now I should be shot.:
Whoa brother!!!! Wait a minute! You're not by yourself in crawling outside that boxIf it weren't for those of us that do, and occasionally push the envelope, nothing would change We can't have that!
You just choose your battles carefully

And no shootin' on my watch, ok? If you need to talk, vent, WTF ever, give me a shout bro.

Quote:
comments of a normal minded person
Who the hell you callin' "normal?"

Sandman, you're part of the family here, like it or not
Drama? Sheet! We all have it and sometimes there's just not a damned thing you can do but ride it out

Just hang in there my friend and when you need something, get with one of us man. Like Jimmy Buffett says in Bama Breeze, "you never drink alone down there, good God I feel at home down there..." You're never really alone here

Gordon
Unread 10-05-2007, 09:33 AM   #19
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
Yea and so is that boy band founder from Orlando....
But there is this couple:

Quote:
U.S. Marshals Arrest Tax-Evading Couple
By KATHY McCORMACK,AP
Posted: 2007-10-05 09:26:15
Filed Under: Nation News
CONCORD, N.H. (Oct. 5) - A couple convicted of tax evasion who threatened violence if authorities approached them were arrested peacefully at their rural Plainfield home after holing up at the fortress-like compound for months, U.S. Marshals said.
http://news.aol.com/story/ar/_a/us-m...00010000000001
Unread 10-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #20
Suicide King

Name :
Suicide King is on a distinguished road

Quote:
SM
SM,
You have A LOT to look forward to. You're almost at your 300 POST babe.
LOL. Hand in there and if you need anything let me know.