The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 10-19-2007, 03:41 PM   #1
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation
Default 2008 corvette Fantasyfest

First i'm going either the first end or the tail end.
If it seems early it's not ,reservations should be made by Dec or sooner

Most hotels are going to be $300 per night on up with a three night min.

I'm not sure my wife is up to this but my brother said he'd go and feel his way around (he's blind)

Some wives may not be comfortable with the atmosphere so i'd recommend the following sites http://wwwfantasyfest.net also http://webcam.keywest.com/

There is heavy drinking ,public nudity and plenty of gay people.And it gets pretty wild.Myself,I do not drink enough to walk down Duval st with nothin' but body paint nor do I have a gay bone in my body and I don't want one (get it )

I will have a few names of hotels within walking distance of Duval .they will be places that have parking.

Any ideas are welcome and as i've stated I will be going over a weekend and probably stay 3-4 nights.

Please share ideas--
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2007, 08:34 AM   #2
sglfladad

Name :
sglfladad is on a distinguished road

We just got back from Key West. I'm sort of relieved we didn't drive the vette. We stayed downtown close to Duval street and had a GREAT time. It wasn't final fantasy fest weekend which, as vette boy said can get pretty wild, but it was winding up.

If you've never been, the streets in downtown (old town) are very narrow and parking is limited. We stayed there, about a block from Duval st. (main drag...no pun intended ). I would have been uncomfortable leaving the vette parked on the street, which was the only place available to park. Some hotels have gated parking, but not most of the quaint bed and breakfasts or guest houses. Probably would be a good idea to check out parking arrangements when booking your lodging.

Other than that...!! Go... have a blast!
Unread 10-23-2007, 06:59 PM   #3
vett boy

Name :

When I stayed at the Merlin House I had to park the Vett on the street and it made me nervous.It survived but took me a month to get it clean again.

I'll wait till next month and get some rates and dates.

Every time i've been to Key West i've had a blast ,glad you and yours found it like wise.
Unread 10-24-2007, 08:56 AM   #4
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Fantasy Fest

We need to warn all the faint of heart about Fantasy Fest.
Here are some 2007 pictures!!!
Jeanne and I go every year and looking forward to this month!!!

Warning!!!!
Adults Only!!!

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/555223958iCjhPm
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 12:30 PM   #5
kwvette

Name :
kwvette has disabled reputation
Default Fantasy Fest Info

For all you vette owners coming to Fantasy Fest, be concerned for the safety of your ride. As a a local, I can tell you that the crazies are out year around down here and more so this week. Two weeks ago, some idiot cut the GM logos off the lower side fo my vette and stole all of my valve caps. Luckily, I wasn't too fond of the logos and I was going to replace the caps with chrome one anyway.

FF is a time for general craziness and the town is booked up room wise. If you need a room there's is a possibility to check day of the parade as there will be last-minute cancellations.

If you want to see the "real" fantasy fest go to: www.fantasyfestmemories.com This site does have pix of naked people so open in private. Friday and Saturday are street fair days with the big parade Saturday night.

Let me know if any of you are coming down and I can assist in directing you around town.
kwvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 05:01 PM   #6
vett boy

Name :

I've got a question or two.Is it better to Go the end of the week or the first part ?Second i've stayed at the Best Western Hibiscus and parking was fairly good for a vett and prices wern't off the wall ,what do ya think kwvette ?
Unread 10-25-2007, 11:35 AM   #7
kwvette

Name :
kwvette has disabled reputation
Default Key West Info / Fantasy Fest

Sorry to just now replay, Gotta work every now and then. Any of the non-downtown hotels will have parking. So, try to stay out in the New Town area of N. Roosevelt Blvd. Your car will be safer and you can rent a scooter to run around Duval street. Living here, I never take my car downtown as parking is tough and expensive and there's always some ass who wants to sit on it and have their picture taken by their drunken girlfriend. The wife and I both have scooters and use those when headed downtown. When you get closer to your next trip give mea heads up and I can give some ideas oin where to stay. Fantasy fest this weekend is already nuts. We had a bunch of crazies out last night untill the torrential rains about midnight suit down the streets. The body paint and tight skirts were all over the place andf this Saturday looks to be one of the wildest in a while.
kwvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2007, 04:41 PM   #8
vett boy

Name :

Thanks Kwvette ,I've been watchin' the web cams and things are pickin' up.Does the body paint wash off in a heavy rain?

Looks like the finial weekend is the time to go.And your right scooters and bikes are available to rent everywhere.
Unread 10-26-2007, 08:09 AM   #9
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post

nor do I have a gay bone in my body and I don't want one (get it )
Please share ideas--