The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 06-10-2006, 07:31 PM   #1
truesleeper

Name :
truesleeper has disabled reputation
Default looking to upgrade my exhaust

Which exhaust is the best for a 1998 automatic c5 ? CORSA, BORLA, BASSANI, B&B. I want quad tips and very little noise at cruising(1500 to 2500 rpm) speed. EBAY HAS A CORSA SET AND BASSANI SET FOR SALE. Need the kit to be in my possession by thursday the latest.
ANY GOOD DEALS OUT THERE????????????
Email roby-caroline@msn.com
Cell 813-928-4451 Roby
truesleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 08:20 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Heck, this is probably as personal of a decision as picking out your own clothes. Everyone has different tastes. I decided to stick with the stock titanium exhaust on my Z and I am happy with that. Would something else sound better or give me a bit more power? Maybe, but without trying them ALL on my particular car, I don't know how else to actually find that out. And that could get to be expensive to do.
Unread 06-11-2006, 09:25 AM   #3
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Heck, this is probably as personal of a decision as picking out your own clothes. Everyone has different tastes. I decided to stick with the stock titanium exhaust on my Z and I am happy with that. Would something else sound better or give me a bit more power? Maybe, but without trying them ALL on my particular car, I don't know how else to actually find that out. And that could get to be expensive to do.
Rich, I couldn't get the site to work right now, but I have listened to different exhaust sounds on there before. Check it out.

http://www.ls1sounds.com/

Scott

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #4
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
Rich, I couldn't get the site to work right now, but I have listened to different exhaust sounds on there before. Check it out.

http://www.ls1sounds.com/

Scott
I believe I have been there before or at least one or two very similar. The problem is that I would need to have a comparison with vehicles that also have my headers, cats, and X-pipe in order to have it accurate. Plus it really doesn't give a comparison from within the vehicle so you can determine if drone at particular rpms will be an issue.

About the only cat back exhaust I have seen that gets my interested is the Callaway "D" system, and that is because they have 3 inch pipes. Of course, I would need to have some work done with a torch, since the LGM X-pipe connector at the cat back connection is necked down to 2.5 inches to mate up with the stock titanium mufflers. And to be honest, I really LOVE the 4 tail pipe look and don't care for the look of those D tail pipes. Yeah, picky, picky...
Unread 06-11-2006, 07:05 PM   #5
3318C5

Name :
3318C5 has disabled reputation

I agree with Rich, this is definitely a personal choice. I see that you are in a little bit of a hurry, but if you can wait, I recommend you do. After all it could be an expensive thing to hurry up. The best thing to do is to hear as many systems in person as you can and compare. I decided to go with the Borla stingers. I love them. The gave my car a true muscle car sound. They were also very competively priced compared to the other systems out there. However it also depends what you are planning to do to your car in the future. My car currently has LG pro's and no cats. My car is LOUD! If I would have known this, I might have gone with a quieter system from the start. Honestly try not to hurry and see what makes you happy. By the way you are talking it sounds that you would like the touring systems out there. Both B&B and Corsa make great touring systems. The Corsa web site has sound clips.

Good luck and let us know what you picked....

03 An Ed M6
Mods=A lot...
3318C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 09:43 PM   #6
EatRice

Name :
EatRice has disabled reputation

From what he is saying the Corsa is the best choice. Tips don't matter those are for looks. The Corsa will be very quiet at low RPM cruising and have a very nice tone when you are in the gas.
Unread 06-15-2006, 10:39 PM   #7
gsjack

Name :
gsjack is on a distinguished road

GHL Magnums on mine without any resonance while cruising. Step on the loud pedal and the 60's muscle car sound comes to life.

Jack

04 Z06 Z16(SOLD)
gsjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2006, 10:49 PM   #8
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsjack
GHL Magnums on mine without any resonance while cruising. Step on the loud pedal and the 60's muscle car sound comes to life.

Jack
Man, I always got "excessive noise" tickets for that sound back in that era.........
Unread 06-15-2006, 10:51 PM   #9
gsjack

Name :
gsjack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Man, I always got "excessive noise" tickets for that sound back in that era.........
Back then, used to run open headers on the street Rich.

Jack

04 Z06 Z16(SOLD)
gsjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2006, 12:48 PM   #10
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by truesleeper
Which exhaust is the best for a 1998 automatic c5 ? CORSA, BORLA, BASSANI, B&B. I want quad tips and very little noise at cruising(1500 to 2500 rpm) speed. EBAY HAS A CORSA SET AND BASSANI SET FOR SALE. Need the kit to be in my possession by thursday the latest.
ANY GOOD DEALS OUT THERE????????????
Email roby-caroline@msn.com
Cell 813-928-4451 Roby
I have a set of used Flowmasters with quad tips if you are interested PM me or justcheck out my Thread (C5 used Mods)
Attached Images

9T8Vette is offline   Reply With Quote