The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 09-04-2015, 01:43 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default King cobra on the loose in Orlando

Unread 09-04-2015, 09:52 PM   #2
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I have to ask, is it really a good idea to own one of these snakes? I'm not one to infringe on a persons right to do pretty much what ever you want, but if you've got one of these I don't really want to be your next door neighbor.
Unread 09-05-2015, 04:09 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Never had any interest to own any venomous snakes myself, so I can't answer you as to what the attraction is. Maybe some people get a thrill out of cheating death every time they handle them.

I've seen some people do pretty stupid stuff with handling venomous snakes that they were just lucky to not get bit. And yeah, I'm all for people's freedoms as much as the next guy, but honestly, I don't think I could come up with a convincing argument about why someone MUST have one, besides just the fact that they WANT it. But living in an apartment complex or really near anyone who could get bitten by an escapee, well, that then becomes a tough argument to defend.

Heck, here's a pic of the fangs of a Gaboon viper, and then a pic of what I believe is the results of a bite on someone's leg. Not anything I would want to be messing around with.
Attached Images

Unread 09-05-2015, 07:34 AM   #4
mrr23
The Alignment Guy

Name : Robert J Hinton
mrr23 is on a distinguished road

it's not too far from where i live. but far enough to not matter.
Unread 09-05-2015, 05:28 PM   #5
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I had a pit viper come out of a tree after me one night when I was in the Phillipines and I've just had a thing about poisonous snakes ever since. I heard it when he dropped out of the tree about twenty feet up and I started to run. He brushed my shoulder and fell in front of me. I actually stepped on it as I kept running. I looked back after I had run about twenty feet and he was about 10-12 feet behind me, still coming.