The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 03-16-2008, 08:46 AM   #1
zee sting

Name :
zee sting is on a distinguished road
Default The ZR1 at Sebring

The ZR1 Corvette was in the Corvette Corral at Sebring this weekend. I took several several pics and posted some here. Enjoy...

The 2 ZR1s together...

Last edited by zee sting; 03-16-2008 at 01:05 PM.
zee sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I love that last shot......

That plexiglas/plastic opening in the hood just doens't do it

Still think it should have been a sweeter looking cowl hood or maybe a "shaker style"?

Either way, it's cool to see
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #3
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

cool pictures,thanks for sharing.
One ?-100,000$ vette and no floor mats
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Been reading where people are speculating where dealers might try to gouge the prices up to as much as a $200K MARKUP on the ZR-1.
Unread 03-16-2008, 01:01 PM   #5
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Been reading where people are speculating where dealers might try to gouge the prices up to as much as a $200K MARKUP on the ZR-1.
No doubt that if they can, they will

What is it they say about a fool and thier $$$?

BTW, I like the car. I hate being ripped off!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 08:32 PM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, it's a nice car, but not really $100K nice, much less $300K nice. Let's face it, when you get up into that price range, there are a lot of other options available if you are looking for bragging rights. Heck, honestly, part the ZR-1 next to a Viper and see which one gets the most looks....

Hell there is a 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo for $130K located in Tampa being advertised. A 2003 Ferrari 360 Modena for $159K. Man, I like my vettes, but if I could get a Ferrari or Lamborghini for the same price, even used, that would be a no brainer for me. Yeah, the ZR-1 will be faster, but that is not the point.

The ceramic brakes would be wasted on me. And those that would track the car and need to replace those expensive brakes fairly often will likely get tired of that expense pretty quickly. Bear in mind that those EXPENSIVE brake parts are considered as "wearables" so they will not be covered under warranty. So how will one of those rotors cost you?

And as for the paint over the exposed carbon fiber, how many local shops are going to have that $60k per gallon additive on tap if you have a boo-boo that needs to be fixed?

Seriously, I was going to sell off some of my gun collection to buy this thing, but changed my mind when I finally read all the details.
Unread 03-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
pewter99
This place cracks me up

Name :
pewter99 is on a distinguished road

Awesome ride....Tom wallace drove it for the parade lap with Dave McClellan driving another guys 91ZR1. Great to see the GM execs out there...Wil Cooksey was on hand all weekend as well.

I think Tom is gonna be a great replacement for Dave Hill
pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
pewter99
This place cracks me up

Name :
pewter99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Heck, honestly, part the ZR-1 next to a Viper and see which one gets the most looks....

you would think ....however there was a 1/4 million Porsche Carrera GT parked next to the ZR1 and you would have thought it was a Camry...no one cared...only other car to garner that much attention was the guy who brought his Mosler 900 in the corral
pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #9
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

What am I missing here...They up the horsepower...they change the hood...they change the body...And when you look inside - BLAH! If they want people to shell out big $$ then they better given the paying customer something more than additional horsepower that that the owner will never be able to use...GET REAL GM!
Unread 03-17-2008, 10:36 PM   #10
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
What am I missing here...They up the horsepower...they change the hood...they change the body...And when you look inside - BLAH! If they want people to shell out big $$ then they better given the paying customer something more than additional horsepower that that the owner will never be able to use...GET REAL GM!
I like the interior,,, I don't know what people want out of GM. They wrap the dash in leather and people still complain..... I guess if they dipped it in 24k gold leaf maybe some people would be happy. The leather wrapped and stitched interior immediately makes me think of the similiar 230k Ferrari (F430?) among others.....

Corvette ZR1 interior (pardon the glass, some people were reaching into the car so they rolled the windows up). Stitching visible on vertical column and around the air bag.

Ferrari F430 interior (can see the stitching around the steering wheel and above it to the right).

F430 logo on dash. Some people would GASP if they put a big ZR1 on the Vette dash.....

Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote