The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 04-28-2008, 08:31 PM   #11
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

Get Well Soon Rich!!
Unread 04-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #12
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Wow..

I sure am glad things weren't worse! Take it easy and get well soon Rich.

Hi Connie...
Unread 04-28-2008, 09:18 PM   #13
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Thanks, everyone... The roughest part of this is being a couch potato while Connie is over working with the animals doing stuff that HAS to be done, no matter what. The females are laying eggs and they are not about to wait on me. But Connie is being a real trooper about it. I guess she doesn't want me doing something stupid and wind up in a worse mess if I rip those sutures open.

No, not planning on driving one of the vettes for a while. Power shifting wouldn't be the problem. Getting OUT would be.... Can't see myself trying to climb out of the driver's seat while using one hand to try to hold my aching guts in place.

Guess I'd be in a lot worse shape if I had just ignored the pain and tried to tough it out and had that appendix explode in me.

Well, back to the recliner to be a couch potato. Just popped another pain pill..........

Thanks....
Unread 04-29-2008, 06:40 AM   #14
fletcher4u

Name : Bob Fletcher
fletcher4u has disabled reputation

Glad your O K I did the same thing last year it will slow you up 2 to 3 weeks. So take it easy.
fletcher4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:47 AM   #15
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy WOW!

While reading your story, the first thing I thought of was "kidney stones". I've had 7 of those nasty suckers. One of them was so bad they had to "go in and get it". I won't tell you where they entered to "get it". Ouch!!!

Glad you did go. A burst appendix is no item to be taken lightly!!

Stay down for as long as they recommend!!!
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 10:33 AM   #16
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Hope you are feeling better soon

Joe B.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #17
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

[quote=Rich Z;58255]

No, not planning on driving one of the vettes for a while. Power shifting wouldn't be the problem. Getting OUT would be.... Can't see myself trying to climb out of the driver's seat while using one hand to try to hold my aching guts in place.

QUOTE]

Sounds like, when this is over, y'all are gonna owe Connie BIG TIME! Are you gonna try to find a Corvette ambulance to transport you to Steak-Out ? Recover quickly and completly Rich!
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 10:15 PM   #18
juke3w1

Name :
juke3w1 is on a distinguished road

Hope your feeling better. Just hang in there.
juke3w1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 08:00 AM   #19
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Rich, I'm so glad that Connie hauled your butt to the ER. Lucky, very lucky. Typically appendicitis usually occurs in people under 35. Hmm. You must be an oddball.

I can tell you first hand what it's like to have your appendix burst. Um, not good. I should actually be dead. Long story shortened, I was having pains in my back and lower abdomen for a long time, but kept putting if off because of no medical insurance. Like you, I thought I pulled a muscle. I convinced myself of it. I went to the hospital finally, after losing about 30-40 lbs. Tampa General sent me home saying I had kidney stones. No CT scan or anything like it. Wound up in another ER the following week, did the CT scan and opened me up right on the table. Apparently, the doctors told me that my appendix had burst and all the poison had sealed itself off somehow and created an abscess in my back. I actually had to wear a tube for a month to drain all the crap out before they could even do the surgery. A month later they opened me up and found...no appendix! Disintegrated. Also had to repair a whole in my large intestine the size of a half dollar. I was in the hospital for about 4-6 weeks total. They couldn't even close the incision for a week. When I left the hospital I was 119 lbs. I'm 5'11". Skin and bones.

Anyway, I'm glad your all fixed up. What kind of pain pills did they give you?

Scott

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 08:21 AM   #20
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Hi Rich, I'm glad to see that your recovery is going well. I can relate to your pain having had multiple abdominal surgeries myself. Anyway, we all agreed that this Saturday we are coming to your house and doing burnouts in your front yard so that you don't get too lonely. Just kidding of course.
Get well soon my friend. Best regards, Mark
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote