The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 08-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
TR6speed

Name :
TR6speed is on a distinguished road
Default Special Event Cars & Coffee

The monthly Cars & Coffee for Tampa Bay will be have two special events. The first will be held on October 8. This will be a special event that will not take up the normal October event on the third Saturday as normal. This event will be held at MacDill Air Force Base. Pre-registration is required and must be in by October 1. You will need to send an e-mail to; MacDill.Cars@hotmail.com

With the following Info
1. Full name of all car occupants
2. Color, Make and Model of Car
3. Drivers License Number and State
4. Address
5. Date of Birth
6. Phone Number

I know this seems like a lot of info, but remember you will be going on a military base. The time of teh Cars & Coffee will be from 8:00 am - 10:00 am.

The second will be in November on the normal third Saturday. This one will not be at duPont, but at Innisbrook Resort in Palm Harbor. Again this requires Pre-registraion. Send an e-mail to:
alan@blvdcustoms.com

Include the following ifo
1. Owner's Name
2. Owner's Cell Phone #
3. E-Mail Address
4. year of Vehicle
5. Make/Model of Vehicle
6. Any specila notes about Vehicle

This event will not start at the normal time it will from 8:00 am - 10:00 am. This event is free as always for all those registered but a $10 fee per car at the gate for spectators.
TR6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
XQIZT
Defender of the C4's

Name :
XQIZT is on a distinguished road

Anything special (other than the cars) going on at MacDill? Jets on display, special photo ops? etc?
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
TR6speed

Name :

Not that I am aware of at this time. They were wanting it held on the flight line, but not sure that is what will happen. Most likely it will be around the PX.
Unread 08-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

They dont need the names for all 20k plus people that attend the air show at MacDill AFB each year. Why do they need it for this event? I dont like it and wont go b/c of the restrictions. Smells fishy to me. Sorry. Good luck on the turn out.

PS - I would go to Innisbrook, but $10 a spectator? Wow, no way. Good luck.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
They dont need the names for all 20k plus people that attend the air show at MacDill AFB each year. Why do they need it for this event? I dont like it and wont go b/c of the restrictions. Smells fishy to me. Sorry. Good luck on the turn out.

PS - I would go to Innisbrook, but $10 a spectator? Wow, no way. Good luck.
I'll have to be honest about it, I wouldn't provide all that information neither. With all the crap going down about identity theft, the most sensible precaution you can take is to take care NOT to give out information that can be used in that endeavor to anyone who does not REALLY have a need to know. Heck, I have turned down services simply because they insisted on my social security number claiming they required it for "identification purposes". Nope, sorry, it says right on my SS card that the number is not to be used for that purpose.

These days, giving out your driver's license number and DOB can be just as dangerous.
Unread 08-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
TR6speed

Name :

The air show is a DOD event where as this is not. This is being put on by a civilian organization that has ties to the base that is the reason for all the info. It is really being put on for the base personnel and not the general public. There they need to know who is coming on the base for the show. I just was trying to help them out and get the word out to those that missed the normal Cars and Coffee where this was being advertizes.
Unread 08-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR6speed View Post
The air show is a DOD event where as this is not. This is being put on by a civilian organization that has ties to the base that is the reason for all the info. It is really being put on for the base personnel and not the general public. There they need to know who is coming on the base for the show. I just was trying to help them out and get the word out to those that missed the normal Cars and Coffee where this was being advertizes.
Thank you for the information. We realize that this is not of your doing. And perhaps many people won't take objection to the information requested. But some obviously will. Wouldn't be the first time, nor the last, that an event might flounder because of the choice of venue....