The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #14
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I know man. I was recently considering a CC Diesel (250/350) as a tow rig for our new rescue airboat.

Damn!!!I mean HELL!

I didn't want to buy the plant, just 1 truck!Feckers were expensive.
Nice trucks though. Decided to wait and see if we get grants, foundation funding or corporate donations instead of coming out of pocket. Really can't afford it at the moment.

Decided to keep my FJ62 Landcruiser (1989) and spend the $$ on refurbishing and upgrading that.
You need to look at the big picture. My Vette was 52k and the truck was 50k. Kings Ranch loaded with options. I talked to a guy in a rest area because he was delivering new RV's with his Ford diesel. He had 450,000 miles on it and just had it in for it's first repair. They had to rebuild the tranny.

My truck is an '04 with 114,000 on it. Except for a minuscule oil leak I have not had one problem and one of the grand kids could still be driving it. I tow a 22,000# fifth wheel trailer with it effortlessly at any speed I wish to run. I get 20 MPG and 11 MPG towing. My gross weight is 30,000 plus.

Does this help? These are not trucks you want to trade very often unless you have a LOT of money. I don't. So in the long run, they are really cheap and you don't need a car. These have all the goodies, comfortable seating and a huge trunk if you put a bed cover on it.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote