The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 08-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road
Question Shirts

As y'all know almost everyone putting on a car show gives away a t-shirt or a polo shirt. I don't know about you guys but my closet is getting full of shirts I'll probably never wear. Does the offer of a free shirt intice you to that event or would you go anyway? I'm thinking if one needs an inticement and we are getting full closets what about something different? Maybe a cooler, sports bag, fender cover, whatever but something other than another shirt. Or is it just me. My club thinks I'm nuts but I thought I'd throw it out there?????

What say...???
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres712 View Post
As y'all know almost everyone putting on a car show gives away a t-shirt or a polo shirt. I don't know about you guys but my closet is getting full of shirts I'll probably never wear. Does the offer of a free shirt intice you to that event or would you go anyway? I'm thinking if one needs an inticement and we are getting full closets what about something different? Maybe a cooler, sports bag, fender cover, whatever but something other than another shirt. Or is it just me. My club thinks I'm nuts but I thought I'd throw it out there?????

What say...???
I'm in the same boat. I have more T-shirts than I'll ever wear and most if not all will soon be going to the Goodwill or somewhere.

I really dont' need an enticement to attend a show. If I want to go, I go, T-shirt or not.

I go to spend time with friends, swap lies and war stories, look at and talk about cars, and enjoy the scenery (suce as the Venice show, the Pier show and such).

About the only time I really care about a T, is if it's a benefit show like the Wounded Warriors foundation, a childrens cancer benefit or some other such worthwhile event. Then, it's more to spread the word for the cause vs. just having the T-shirt.

If you want to give away something with the entrance fee, I think a baseball cap/visor would be nice, as would some generic gift such as a sports bag, a water bottle, a towel, or some other low cost promotional item.

Coolers, fender covers and such are pretty expensive items to give away for just a registration fee. Besides, the C4 hood is a clamshell. Not much use for a fender cover

Just my $.02
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

I agree with Shadow about the shirts. I attend the shows to see old friends and meet new ones. Something other than a shirt would be a nice change.

Joe B.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Same here. I've got shirts all over the place that I will likely never wear. We give them away, if we can.

What attracts me to a show lately is some sort of alternative entertainment associated with the show. Connie and I really like attending the show at Cypress Gardens simply because we were able to go to the Gardens and not just have no other option but to walk around and around looking at the cars over and over again. I like the cars and everything, but after a couple of hours, I'm ready to do something else.........
Unread 08-17-2008, 07:43 PM   #5
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Connie and I really like attending the show at Cypress Gardens simply because we were able to go to the Gardens and not just have no other option but to walk around and around looking at the cars over and over again.
Sliver Spring is a better show and more to do, also includes park admission

I used the t-shirts to clean my wheels
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #6
Pres712
Pres712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow View Post

Your entrant fee at Cypress also includes the entire park! Pull up our flyer and see what all we offer this year; no comparision to Silver Springs!

www.baccvette.us
Unread 08-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #7
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I'm with you on that one! It's definately a good show and worth the fee I've never been to the Cypress Gardens show so have nothing to compare it to.

In Lake Mary, they hold an exotic car show once a year. It's nice simply because there are a lot of alternatives. They have some great B&B's there if you want to make a weekend of it, local eateries, antiques, and other stuff to do besides "just" look at cars.

As far as whether to keep giving away T's? I'd almost suggest either giving people an option of a T or ???? or just placing some out for sale at a reasonable cost and letting those that want them buy them.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #8
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I agree. I like Silver Springs very much. Beautiful place
Unread 08-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #9
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Shirts

TBV and I agree with you!
Last year TampaBay Vettes gave away Beach Towels at the "Ultimate Corvette Party" and this year we are looking at Commemorative Coins and other items.

We also believe in lots of vendors, live music and tons of food.
We are working hard again this year to keep improving from last year. We have listened closely to all your comments and think we have a great show for you all coming up. Right now we are scheduled for November 15,, 2008 and I will keep you all informed as information becomes available.

Jim
Unread 08-18-2008, 07:54 AM   #10
Pres712
Pres712

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KILL View Post
TBV and I agree with you!
Last year TampaBay Vettes gave away Beach Towels at the "Ultimate Corvette Party" and this year we are looking at Commemorative Coins and other items.

We also believe in lots of vendors, live music and tons of food.
We are working hard again this year to keep improving from last year. We have listened closely to all your comments and think we have a great show for you all coming up. Right now we are scheduled for November 15,, 2008 and I will keep you all informed as information becomes available.

Jim
Jim: We are locked in with the Gardens for November 15 & 16;; sorry...