The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 01-16-2009, 07:04 AM   #1
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road
Default Corvette Commandments

The Corvette Commandments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the Corvette Commandments:

1- Thou shalt not fail to wave to a fellow Corvette owner.

2- Thou shalt not pass a fellow Corvette owner in distress without offering aid.

3- Thou shalt not feed thy Corvette budget-grade fuel.

4- Thou shalt treat thy Vette with respect; great power, great responsibility.

5- Thou shalt keep thy Corvette clean and waxed at all times, yet thou shalt not bring thy Corvette to an automatic car wash.

6- Thou shalt park thy Corvette in such a manner as to protect her tender fenders.

7- Thou shalt blow out carbon with a high-speed run as required.

8- Thou shalt not cruise on an unpaved road.

9- Neither friend, nor foe, nor even thy spouse may drive thy Corvette without first showing proper reverence.

10- Each Vette is an individual work of art; judge not lest ye might be judged.

Last edited by MRS. XTREME; 01-16-2009 at 09:57 AM.
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

"5- Thou shalt keep thy Corvette clean and waxed at all times, yet thou shalt not bring thy Corvette to an automatic car wash."
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #3
MRS. XTREME

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Backyard Mechanic" View Post

"5- Thou shalt keep thy Corvette clean and waxed at all times, yet thou shalt not bring thy Corvette to an automatic car wash."

That's right call on Backyard!!
Unread 01-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #4
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

This is great especially for BM.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
8- Thou shalt not cruise on an unpaved road.
Ouch..... Since I live on an unpaved road, I violate that commandment every time I take it out for a ride.

What are the penalties for violations?
Unread 01-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
fletcher4u

Name : Bob Fletcher
fletcher4u has disabled reputation

fletcher4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Smile Covette Owner

YOUR A CORVETTE OWNER...IF:

You’ve ever bought a piece of clothing to "match the car."

You have multiple cars in the family, but everyone refers to the Corvette as "THE car"

You’ve driven an hour+ and had to take a day off work to buy a $10 car part (that does not affect the operation of the car in anyway)

Your car is 26 years old and you find out that it still has the original fuel filter, and you're HAPPY!

You have more than one car, and the one that is 20 years older than the other runs 10 times better

You know the exact DATE that your car was built (Jan 16, 1974)... but forget your girlfriend/wife's birthday (Uh, I was going to get you something honey but I...)

You know the exact day you bought your car (April 3, 1999).... But forget your anniversary.

You’ve ever explained (in detail) to your girlfriend who "Zora" is…

You know that "Corvette" is a small French ship known for it's maneuverability.

You have 100% cotton towels for your car and you use old, worn-out ones in your bathroom.

You have a PO Box that your wife does not know about so you can get your mods in the mail.

You refer to your Vette as if it were your child.

Instead of your spouse, you carry a picture of your car in your wallet.

You hang pictures of Vettes in your GARAGE so she's not lonely.

You’ve actually had a momentary twinge of worry at night, when you turn out the light in the garage, about leaving your 'Vette alone in the dark.

You spend more time vacuuming the 20 square feet of carpet in your Vette than your 2000 square foot house.

You feel that you must scrub the underside, you never know, some mechanic may get the wrong impression of you if it's dirty.

You find yourself looking at your reflection in large plate glass as you drive by.

A bird craps on it, you stop turn around and go home to clean it off.

You drive around town to every Starbucks looking for an outside table next to a parking place because you think people are impressed by watching you drink coffee next to your Vette.

You order a build sheet for your Vette even though you have no idea what it means.

You have a window sticker hanging in your bedroom.

You think people that drive BMW's are commies.

You think all Japanese cars are junk driven by young punk rice boys that want to race you.

You think there's a chance it may rain.. I'll take the Lexus...

SUVs aggravate you because they are bigger that you are…

You find it necessary to keep pressing that little button that goes between oil temp/water temp/fuel avg./ etc..

Even though you've never changed oil in any car you've ever owned, you want to do it on your Vette because nobody else knows how...

You go to the drug store to buy cotton swabs for your car instead of your ears.

You cause traffic jams as you maneuver your Vette around a puddle of water in the street.

When nobody is looking, you talk to it and swear that it understands you...

You get very depressed if you've been cruising all day and stopped many times but nobody comes up and says.. "Wow, nice Vette!"

You keep a shop manual in the bathroom for your reading enjoyment while taking a dump...

You understand that "Owning" does not necessarily mean "Driving".

You have one pair of sunglasses that are designated Vette shades. You never wear them while driving the "other car".

You spend half an afternoon and cause bodily harm to yourself trying to get that last little leaf that's stuck to your radiator through that little hole on the right side of the shroud.

Every time you talk about your Vette to ANYBODY, you say "The Vette" instead of car.

Nobody under the age of 30 is allowed in your garage.

The weatherman predicts rain and you are VISIBLY upset.

You yell "Save the wave!" to people who don't wave back.

You have an 11'X4' corvette poster on the wall above your bed.

You wave at other Corvette owners when you are out for your evening jog.

Your friends make sure they bring up your car more than you do, when you meet new people.

You tell everyone that you will drive yourself when a big group is going out even though there is plenty of room in another vehicle.

And everyone fights over who gets to ride with you.

You flip through every page of Eckler's, Mid America and Corvette Central every month even though they have the same parts every month.

You look at parts for C1s, C2s, C4s, and C5s even though your car is a C3.

"Ooo" and "Ahh" over another Vette, that for all intents and purposes could be your Vettes twin (same year, color, etc.)!

While looking to buy a house, garage space and condition is the first thing you look at.

You decline a night at the "gentlemen's" clubs with friends, because you need to be up early the next morning to get to the track.

You grit you teeth, and scowl, every time you see a Mustang on the road.

Your 10-year-old kid has been programmed to warn his little friends to stay away from the car without you having to prompt him.

JIM
Unread 01-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #8
MRS. XTREME

Name :

Dang Mr. Kill your's are even FUNNIER !!!!

The PO box for your mods.... I can tell you how many people I know that keep everything they do to their car from their wife.... I love it , too funny !!

And the cleaning of the car !!!

Whoo Vette guys are so funny with their cars...Chris says he can work on 90% of vettes and never get dirty...
Most of our customers have their car spotless !!! And when we lift the car on the lift and they see dirt they always seem like they have to explain why its dirty....

VETTE OWNERS !!! GOTTA LOVE THEM !!
Unread 01-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #9
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

I wish I could keep mine that clean. She's daily driven and lives outside. But boy is she a total blast to drive...EVERYDAY!
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 12:37 AM   #10
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Whoops, the Vette is susally the dirty bastard of the group. I don't drive it, I don't wash it.

Quote:
You think all Japanese cars are junk driven by young punk rice boys that want to race you.
Go **** yourself.

Just a side note guys... uh, a smiley that's flicking people off is needed. I mean... it is so helpful in situations like these.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote