The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories Sales | Wanteds | Sources | Advice For Buying or Selling

Unread 10-25-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
dangerz

Name :
dangerz has disabled reputation
Default [For Sale] 2000 Arctic White Corvette

Hey guys,

I'm going to just copy/paste my thread from the corvetteforum. Unfortunately due to our house in Texas not selling/renting and my wife being unable to find a job, I have to let it go. Very sad day for me.

Anyway, here's a copy of my post on the vetteforum (here's link to it). I know I haven't been on this forum for a while, but I've been on the corvetteforum for 2 years. Just moved to Florida.

The basics:
The car is a 2000 Arctic White with vin 1G1YY22G0Y5108546. It has almost every option except Z51 and is a 6 speed. HUD, Adjustable Suspension, Fogs, Chrome Wheels. The car has ~56,000 miles. I say about 56k because it's a daily driver. I am located in Melbourne, Florida.

The good:
When I purchased it from the Previous Owner, he had put on Borla Quad Stingers. These things scream. He also upgraded the stereo, had it tinted, installed a navigation system, sub, amps, speakers and iPod connector from Hydrotunes. I'll be including the same iPod that he gave me with the car. He also had a K40 Laser Diffuser/Radar detector. He said that the entire setup (stereo/radar) was a $6,000 thing. There's also a kill switch that I'll reveal to the new owner when the time comes. This helps on insurance

Since it's been in my possession, I've:
- upgraded from stock corner lights to switchback LEDs.
- switched to clear/black corners.
- did the front license plate air intake mod, but left it so you can still mount a front license plate if needed.
- replaced the stock air intake with the Blackwing air filter.
- installed the CLB and haven't had any issues with that since.
- have a set of Nitto 555s on her with a good amount of life left.
- put in a Hurst short throw shifter and rear view camera.
- upgraded the endlinks to metal ones from GM and installed C6Z51 sway bars.
- completely replaced the weather stripping for the targa top and B pillar.
- installed a white Jake exhaust plate that was custom made.
- installed an R-D Crossbar/harness.
- added a window valet.

I still have the stock air filter, stock shifter, stock front license plate cover, stock turn signals and stock sway bars. I also have the car manuals that you get with the car, leather binder thing, car cover, rear nets and the 2000 Technical Book (the big 3 book thing that techs use) for you.

The pictures:

You can see more pictures at these links:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/royelra...7613246309143/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/royelra...7619615752421/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/royelra...7613523148532/
You'll also see that I used shots of the car in a couple video games I made for the iPhone. How many people can say their car was in a couple video games? If you buy the car and you have an iPhone, I'll give you promo codes to the games so you can have them for free.

The bad:
The car has your standard paint chips from rocks on the road. Since it's white though, they're not as visible. The previous owner took the car to an automatic wash and it ended up putting a crack in the rear left quarter panel part of the bumper. It's not that noticeable, but it's there. The interior also has your standard leather cracking as you can see in the pictures. The top has a small crack in the passenger side and it's starting to delaminate, but it doesn't leak at all. The front left rim has a nick in it. Most of this came from the previous owner, so that's all I know about it.

I had the car shipped from Texas a couple weeks ago and they scratched the bottom of the rocker panels. You can't see it unless you're underneath the car though. They also rubbed the rear passenger side fender a bit, but again it's barely noticeable. I only noticed it because I'm very picky with the car.

The summary:
Overall, the car is completely sound. I daily drive her and it puts a smile on my face every single day. I've taken great care of her. Washed almost every week, constant 2-coats of wax. I just claybarred and polished her a couple weeks ago. When it's home, it is always always in the garage. I do daily drive it, so obviously it's been rained on. I've never gotten into any kind of accident or anything remotely close and you're more than welcome to run a Carfax and see for yourself. I have no mechanical issues whatsoever and changed the oil between 5-15% of oil life left.

I did have the car at the track one time (as far as I know, that's the only time it's ever seen track duty) and it gave me absolutely no issues all day long.

The asking price:
I'm asking $16,000 obo. With the lower mileage, good condition and mods I feel this is a fair starting point. I still owe money to the bank and the title is with Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo is a major bank so you don't have to worry about any bs there.

I really wish I didn't have to let it go, but I was recently transferred to Florida for work and my house in Texas isn't selling. Savings are being eaten up and I need to make sure there's a roof above my head before anything else. Anyone that knows me can attest to how well I've taken care of this car.

Thank you for reading my post. I hope the car can go to someone who will really appreciate it.

You can see the Jake Skull plate in this picture.

I'll be taking the car to a couple dealers over the weekend to see what they'll offer, but I'd love to be able to give the car to another enthusiast instead. As you can see by the pictures, the car is in very good shape and I enjoy showing her off. I'm still not 100% positive that I'm going to sell her (I'm trying to do everything I can to not have to sell her), but I thought I'd post this to see if there's any interest for when the time comes (I'll have a definite answer within the next 2 weeks).

Roy
dangerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Hope your situation turns around soon and your baby finds a good home as well...TTT
Unread 08-20-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
survivor

Name : bob
survivor has disabled reputation
Default shipping

Can I ask who you used to ship the car?
survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #4
dangerz

Name :
dangerz has disabled reputation

It's been a long time since I've seen my old car.. I really miss it. Anyone know where it ended up? Last I saw it was at some dealer called Century Motors of South Florida. I'd love to be able to buy it back one day.
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerz View Post
It's been a long time since I've seen my old car.. I really miss it. Anyone know where it ended up? Last I saw it was at some dealer called Century Motors of South Florida. I'd love to be able to buy it back one day.
That's actually rather sad to read. I hope you can track it down some day.